California Pizza Kitchen

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview Details – Ask to answer the phone and seat people

Interview Question – How to contribute to financial success   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not enough hours, part time

McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in June 2012.

Interview Details – i was eating lunch one day and asked the server if CPK was hiring..he said yes . so i applied online for hostess..
got an email a few days later from the manager, saying there was interview that week on Monday, tuesday and wednesday starting at 2:30 pm.

I went to the interview on wednesday- it was a group interview. they asked us all questions about customer service etc, and then they had us fill out this "quiz" thing, asking us what we would bring to the job, what person from the group interview you would hire, etc.

Interview Question – Describe one time at a previous job where the customers thought that you had bad customer service   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in July 2011.

Interview Details – I went in to fill out a paper application at the hiring site. One of the managers asked me a few questions. Then, she scheduled me for an interview the following week. With the interview, it was with the kitchen manager and the G.M. The asked me a few basic questions and i got the within ten minutes.

Interview Question – What was one bad experience and one very good experience when eating at a restaurant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Huntington Beach, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in December 2010.

Interview Details – I got the job and worked there for over 3 years so I know the in's and outs of the interview process. They will usually call you back within a week of you turning in your application in store if there hiring. Then they will have you come in for a group interview usually with around 10-20 people, dress nice for this please don't ever wear sandals they hate that. They'll go around the table asking basic questions and then ask if you have any questions. Make sure you smile and seem outgoing during interview but not fake, so don't over due it they'll see right through you. If you make it past that then you will usually have 1- 2 one on one interviews with a manager at which if they like you they usually offer you the job then. It depends when you'll start because they have to put you through a training and they like to hire a decent amount of people and train them all together

Interview Question – Did you ever have a conflict with another employee are see them doing something they shouldn't, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lakewood, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied online, which was more of just a questionnaire than an application. I received an email that was addressed to about fifteen other people that said we had been invited to a "special" group interview a few days later. I was surprised that this CPK was still doing interviews, since a friend had interviewed there only about a month prior in another group interview. I got there about ten minutes early, and filled out an actual application this time. I was taken aback at the large amount of people there- in addition to at least the fifteen other recipients of the email, there were others that had walked in to ask for applications and were invited to stay for the interview. Total, there was probably twenty-five people. We were taken out onto the outdoor patio and given water, since it was pretty hot that day. We were then separated by what position we were applying for- server or host. The hiring manager told us about each position and about her experience working up to manager. We were given time to fill out a short skills test, with questions about types of wine, herbs, and cheese. After that, we were all asked questions about our previous work experience, what we liked or disliked about it, and why we wanted to work there. However, it was very difficult to answer anything with that amount of people... I'm not the type of person to talk over people or swoop in before the manager was even done asking the question, and by the time those people were done talking, I felt like anything I said would just be repeating what had already been said. We left our resumes and reference sheets and were told to expect a call in a week or two.

I felt like the amount of people at this interview is what made it difficult- if this was a 1:1 interview, or even just with a smaller group, it would have gone much more smoothly. Twenty-five people were just too many, especially when they all have more work experience and were talking over each other to answer first.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in January 2008.

Interview Details – There was a group interview that was held, they called me back the very next day and asked me to come in and meet with the General Manager. He decided to have me work for the company and they hired me. one week later I can in for one week of training.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, the only questions I wasn't very familiar with were wine questions (I was under 21 at the time)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hostess

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in May 2011.

Interview Details – first the group interview then there was three separate one-on-one interviews. it was fun

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at California Pizza Kitchen

Worked for California Pizza Kitchen? Contribute to the Community!