California Pizza Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2015

2.3

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Fresno, CA).

Interview

it was very relaxed you asked me why I preferred to work at California pizza kitchen Ghassan about my experience that my other jobs and he asked me when I can start in my school schedule

Interview Questions

• When can you start with what times can you work and if I had another job   1 Answer

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process went smooth and the interviewer was very pleasant. I prepared adequately and was sure to do my research which ended up paying off! The entire thing took less than two weeks and was overall painless.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Brandon, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a great interview experience, I was completely comfortable through all the questions. The questions were based more towards your personality and how it fits with the company. The managers were very easy to talk to and it felt as though you were just having a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between customer service and hospitality?   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in July 2015.

Interview

fairly easy interview. The manager simply asked me simple questions like why do you want to work here, and what can contribute to our team. The manager was very laid back and the whole set up was professional on how a job interview is rightfully supposed to be.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was quite an interesting and lengthy interview process that I do not believe is typical for this company. But, they are in the process of rebranding the company and are very concerned with placing the right people in the right situation. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and had been with CPK for 10 or more years, which is very impressive.

Cook Interview

Interview

I have not been able to be in the working world for a couple of years. I had to take care of my father & father in-law they have since died. I have gone to a few interviews dealing with experience while cooking that have seen pretty good,but yet to hear anything, I have worked as a cook/chef for over 30 years and would like a chance to show you what I got.

Interview Questions

• Why have you been out of work so long.   1 Answer
    • How long have you have been a oook   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Hunt Valley, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the General Manager, we sat down and briefly went over my resume. It didn't really feel like an Interview, it was mostly conversation and going over what my job would look like, e.g salary, dress code etc. I was offered the job on the spot and can't wait to start working there.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

3 interviews 2 with mangers 1with GM. Cool interview process they asked questions to get to know me to see if I would fit in because at cook everyone is kinda like a family!great work environment by the way and very multicultural!!!love my job and the mangers !

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call. Scheduled an in person interview. First interview was with manager, and then interviewed with general manager after. The process was fairly smooth and easy and if I am not mistaken, I was offered the job on the spot after speaking with the general manager.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Very basic. Asked about experience and what my knowledge of food was. Interviewed with the manager. Was very friendly and the interview went well but I may have been under the age at the time I applied which is why I probably didn't get an offer. But the interview itself was very easy and painless.