California Pizza Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.4

Busser Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen in July 2015.

Interview

fairly easy interview. The manager simply asked me simple questions like why do you want to work here, and what can contribute to our team. The manager was very laid back and the whole set up was professional on how a job interview is rightfully supposed to be.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was quite an interesting and lengthy interview process that I do not believe is typical for this company. But, they are in the process of rebranding the company and are very concerned with placing the right people in the right situation. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and had been with CPK for 10 or more years, which is very impressive.

Cook Interview

Interview

I have not been able to be in the working world for a couple of years. I had to take care of my father & father in-law they have since died. I have gone to a few interviews dealing with experience while cooking that have seen pretty good,but yet to hear anything, I have worked as a cook/chef for over 30 years and would like a chance to show you what I got.

Interview Questions

• Why have you been out of work so long.   1 Answer
    • How long have you have been a oook   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Hunt Valley, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the General Manager, we sat down and briefly went over my resume. It didn't really feel like an Interview, it was mostly conversation and going over what my job would look like, e.g salary, dress code etc. I was offered the job on the spot and can't wait to start working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call. Scheduled an in person interview. First interview was with manager, and then interviewed with general manager after. The process was fairly smooth and easy and if I am not mistaken, I was offered the job on the spot after speaking with the general manager.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Very basic. Asked about experience and what my knowledge of food was. Interviewed with the manager. Was very friendly and the interview went well but I may have been under the age at the time I applied which is why I probably didn't get an offer. But the interview itself was very easy and painless.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was a bit much considering you I was only applying for a server position. Usually I get hired on the spot or they check reference and then I get a phone call later. They put me through unneeded interviews. The first interview the person told me I should be a host. Only because I had not served in three years. To me still made no sense I have 8 years of experience. However I went a long with it. The next interview the GM told me I was not a host and I had to much experience not to not be a server. Waste of time. He couldn't answer my questions about shift expectations and constantly asked me questions about film. I have a film degree. I just wanted a job in a fast paced healthy environment but I felt like I was applying to a fortune 500 company. I guess I wasn't gay enough to fit in at their Brentwood restaurant location cause I didn't get the job. I don't have anything against gay men however I feel like if I was I would have gotten the job.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

They always look to hire during holidays when it's busiest so I had an interview within a week of filling out the application. A manager takes you to the back, asks basic questions, tries to get to know you and in like 2-3days your hired

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation? Do you know anyone who works here? Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Walked in and turned in my application, the manager came out and told me to come back the next day for an interview. At the interview, he asked me questions about why I wanted to work there, what their values are as a company, and then the other store manager came in and asked me pretty similar questions. I was told to come in the next day for a second interview, this time with the hiring manager. She asked me very simple, standard questions, and then at the end told me that the job offer would depend on if one of her employees decided to take time off for school or not.

Interview Questions

• If I talked to your friends, what would they say is the one thing you need to improve on in yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Long Beach, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Sat down with GM in restaurant during slow hours. Face to face interview with moderately difficult questions. The manager had an accent so it made the interview a bit more difficult, but I answered honestly and looked him in the eye just like he was to me. I don't remember him even writiing down my answers, but instead looking me in the eye and giving me immediate feedback. Felt like I didn't do well, but ended up getting a call about a week later saying they'd like to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you? what is your favorite dish? Describe what team work means to you.   Answer Question