California Public Utilities Commission

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at California Public Utilities Commission.

Interview Details – Very informal--probably due to the fact that I had specific experience in the area they were hiring for. I applied to the summer internship program and heard nothing for the longest time. Then, right before I was about to take another job, the supervisor called me and asked me a few questions. Nothing very hard-hitting or put-me-on-the-spot. He told me about the project he wanted me to work on. Asked me if I was interested, I said yes and that's how it went.

Negotiation Details – It was a little difficult to negotiate with HR. After much back and forth I was able to qualify for an additional dollar an hour ;-}

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at California Public Utilities Commission

Interview Details – This was just a typical hiring process. It is government, so nothing unexpected should come up. It wouldn't hurt to know energy industry and legal jargon, though ignorance of this stuff is not a deal-breaker. The advice is the same as any interview: be intelligent and interested in the position.

Interview Question – All common stuff.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at California Public Utilities Commission in January 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with three people. They told me about CPUC and then proceeded to ask me about my resume. Try to research the CPUC beforehand (most people don't know much about its function) since it would be really helpful. Other than that, the interview was pretty laidback. Workplace is business casual.

Interview Questions

Utilities Engineer Interview

Utilities Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at California Public Utilities Commission in January 2007.

Interview Details – They grade the resume and from there they call the top five. The Interview is an examination process and they call the top couple people for interniew and hire.

Interview Question – There was a specific question they ask only for skills test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for California Public Utilities Commission? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at California Public Utilities Commission interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by California Public Utilities Commission employees and interview candidates.