California State Board of Equalization

Unclaimed Profile

California State Board of Equalization Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at California State Board of Equalization.

Interview

They first asked for a resume, cover letter, and multiple forms, along with an official transcript. It took a couple months for them to get back to me. They asked to schedule an interview the next day. The interview was a group interview with just a few questions and opportunity for you to ask questions. Overall, it was an average experience. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have to juggle multiple things and how did you prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the organization and its goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Oakland, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a group asking me a couple of behavioral questions, and asking what I knew about the Board of Equalization. After the interview, I had a chance to ask questions to the interviewers. The process took about 40 minutes. After two to three weeks, one of the interviewers called me to let me know they like me, but need to wait for human resources to hire me. One month later, I was officially hired.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at California State Board of Equalization.

Interview

Took them 3 weeks to call me for an interview and 2 months to tell me I got the job. It was a standard state interview; very basic questions (for admin positions).

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. All were situational questions though.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

interviewed at California State Board of Equalization in July 2014.

Interview

30 minutes writing and 30 minutes interview right after. The writing part ask you about how will you deliver bad news to clients. After 30 minutes, one of the interviewer took me to the interview room. Then I interviewed with four manager level professionals at the same time. Each of them asked about two questions. General behavior questions.

Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The interview questions were fairly easy basically just asked about strengths and weaknesses. Also asked about auditing situations and how you would deal with them, and a few questions about databases and if you ever worked on a database.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with certain situations during an audit?   Answer Question

Too much traveling involved

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Oral panel. Question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• Just be honest with your answers and none should be a surprise.   Answer Question

Tax Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Sacramento, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Sent in my application snail mail and got a call to invite me in to take the written portion of the interview. Then after I passed the written exam, I had an interview with 2 managers that same week. They asked me standard questions about why I wanted to work here and why i thought I would be a good candidate. They had a list of questions and even let me see the questions while they wrote down my answers. The written exam was about sales and use tax which they provided a pamphlet and to file a tax return. It's a math problem but it's basically reading comprehension.

Interview Questions

• If your relative is not technology savvy, how would you guide them to order online tickets for a concert? Explain your steps.   Answer Question

Tax Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at California State Board of Equalization.

Interview

Describe a process, have you ever had any issues with difficult people and if so explain. Scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: If a client lost all of their documents how would you prove their sales?   Answer Question

Business Taxes Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Sacramento, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

took qusetionary exam online and then mailed all the papers resume, letter, score sheet and application and got email for written interview. it was easy and situational interview . mostly questions were situation.. Everything was easy but lets see how it all goes..

Tax Audirot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

interviewed at California State Board of Equalization (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

took a online test. few weeks after they say i am ranked 3rd among 151. mailed them back an filled out application. Waiting for further action guide