California State University Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at California State University

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at California State University (Turlock, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview processes are fair. They pay candidates' travel expenses for interviews, including meals. Interviewees meets with a panel of department faculty, the dean, the provost and a group of students. I was asked about my past teaching experiences, research, service, and problematic situations. The dean was most interested in my research. The provost lectured more than interviewed, and I had to look for an opportunity to chime in and describe what I could contribute to the campus.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a problematic situation with a colleague?   1 Answer
    • What classes can you teach?   1 Answer
    • What textbooks do you use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very brief. Told the salaries were fixed and not really negotiable. Ended up getting $2000 over the original offer.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California State University (Fresno, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I meet with a councilor and went over a list of classes. Then I meet with a counselor about what classes I would need to make it to the finish. I meet with the department head and learned that the program was impacted and would take time to get through. I learned that there are current 250 kids waiting on 22 seats available. There is not much in the way of selection.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at California State University (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

3 rounds, 1st being telephone, then on campus 2 day interview process including research presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.