California State University Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at California State University

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at California State University (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

Group interview. Asked a lot of questions about experience. They interviewed six of us back-to-back. I didn't hear back for two weeks. I then called, and they said i got the position. Over all good experience, and this is a good place to work as a student.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us a time when you could not figure out a problem, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just gave wage, non negotiable.

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at California State University (Long Beach, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

2 different interviews, both in person with travel costs covered. First interview panel was very friendly and engaged, with a wide range of questions. They were the program and subject matter experts. 2nd interview was with higher level decision-makers and was very friendly, mostly for confirmation. They gave me a good idea about how the organization works, what was expected and that this position had top level support.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at California State University (Hayward, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

very quick and easy, my boss already knew she wanted to hire me before the interview after she saw me volunteering at an event on campus. she basically did the interview while she was showing me around the office and where I was going to work and where our supplies were held.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Microsoft Word and Excel?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at California State University (Long Beach, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was a group session which lasted about 45 minutes and included top management officials. It was relaxed and consisted of a series of open ended questions. Applicants are given the opportunity to describe similar work performed in detail. Much emphasis is paid to certifications and previous audit experience. The benefits of accepting a job with the state are discussed in some detail. There was a focus on the requirements to travel to various campuses in the system of 23 campuses.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at California State University (Turlock, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview processes are fair. They pay candidates' travel expenses for interviews, including meals. Interviewees meets with a panel of department faculty, the dean, the provost and a group of students. I was asked about my past teaching experiences, research, service, and problematic situations. The dean was most interested in my research. The provost lectured more than interviewed, and I had to look for an opportunity to chime in and describe what I could contribute to the campus.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a problematic situation with a colleague?   1 Answer
    • What classes can you teach?   1 Answer
    • What textbooks do you use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very brief. Told the salaries were fixed and not really negotiable. Ended up getting $2000 over the original offer.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California State University (Fresno, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I meet with a councilor and went over a list of classes. Then I meet with a counselor about what classes I would need to make it to the finish. I meet with the department head and learned that the program was impacted and would take time to get through. I learned that there are current 250 kids waiting on 22 seats available. There is not much in the way of selection.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at California State University (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

3 rounds, 1st being telephone, then on campus 2 day interview process including research presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.