California State University, Northridge

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Usher Interview

Northridge, CA

I interviewed at California State University, Northridge in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online. Got called within a week for an interview. The interview consisted of questions that have to do with your resume. An example can be your past experiences working a job or activities you have done in the past. Interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Questions on how to handle a certain situation.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at California State University, Northridge.

Interview Details – I submitted an application in person and was called within a week. They asked me general interview questions as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chief of Staff Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at California State University, Northridge in November 2013.

Interview Details – HR Recruiter called me to schedule interview with search committee, if I was liked there would be a on-campus interview. Position is listed open until filled. It has been one month and no word of whether I was screened in or screened out for the position. I am being offered other positions elsewhere and would like this if given to me. When I contacted HR they said they are still in the screening process and could not tell me more because of confidentiality. Was not informed of process.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. All were open ended.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Technical Writer Interview

Interviewed at California State University, Northridge

Interview Details – They called me up 3 weeks after I applied for the position. I seriously thought they didn't consider me because they got back to me a little late. The manager emailed me to set up an interview and apologized for getting back to me quite late. There were two interviewers and both of them asked behavioral type of questions. They are interested in the contents of my resume so I had to discuss to them what I wrote down and elaborate on it.

Interview Question – How well do you know HTML?   Answer Question

Service Team Member Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at California State University, Northridge.

Interview Details – simple face to face interaction with instances give.. mainly emphasized on working in a group and cooperating with all irrespective of work pressure

Interview Question – nothing difficult since all based on practical experience which can be correlated to everyday life   Answer Question

Exchange Administrator Interview

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at California State University, Northridge in August 2009.

Interview Details – Meeting with CSU-Northridge Windows and Unix Systems Administrator as well as Systems Team Leader. Technical Questions, past experience, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – Unix questions for an Exchange Administrator?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary was what was advertised on Job listing.

Citrix Administrative Lead Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at California State University, Northridge.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews

Interview Question – Questions were all downloaded from internet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have state protocol

Analyst Interview

Interview Details – When you interview at CSUN they are very concerned that everyone gets equal treatment so for each job there is a committee that puts together questions. Everyone gets asked the same questions in the same way. Your interview is with the committee and they go around the table and each person in turn reads a question from the list.

Interview Question – My questions were easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated, over the phone, with someone I had never met. Although you know the salary range of the position you are hiring for, they will tell you they can't get you near the top of the range or you will not be able to get a raise. Then a year later when you try to get a raise that the university will not give you a raise and that you should have worked harder in the first negotiation.

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at California State University, Northridge in July 2010.

Interview Details – CSUN used a recruiting agency. Applications accepted online at CSUN's site. Recruiter did initial screening and preliminary interviews via phone (30 days later) and on SKYPE video (15 days later). Recruiter made preliminary recommendation to search committee. Search committee of 5 members plus an HR representative did in-person, on site interview that lasted approximately 90 minutes. (30 days after recruiter interview.) Invited to campus for full day of interviews one week later. Met with 5 different groups, 2 members of search committee who were present in 2 of the groups, hiring manager and president in 1:1s. People pleasant, professional. President is fantastic, tremendous leader.

Interview Question – None of the questions asked were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at California State University, Northridge in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online in June - called for interview one week after the job closed (job description included the date that the job would close and review would begin). Had one interview with panel of three interviewers who alternated asking questions. Since I already work elsewhere on campus they called me the next day to tell me that I didn't get the job. If I didn't work on campus they probably would not have told me anything (a friend applied on campus last year and she never heard back). In my particular case, though, there was a second level of interviews (with the big boss) for two people scheduled for the next day, so it would have been obvious I wasn't chosen if they didn't call me.

Interview Questions

• how have you dealt with a past employee who was performing poorly?   View Answer
  • describe a situation where you had a disgreement with a coworker and explain how you dealt with it   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for California State University, Northridge? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at California State University, Northridge interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by California State University, Northridge employees and interview candidates.