California Steel

Updated May 30, 2014

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at California Steel.

For Engineering Interview, the process is more direct than all other places i have even been thru. For an Engineer job, H.R. is not really involved in the Interview. I'm glad of that. Usually, candidate will go straight to Technical Interview, and that is what i like.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult question is they asked something that i have never learned or exposed at school, but the interviewers understand that.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at California Steel.

I met them at my school's career fair and gave them my resume. They called me back a few weeks later and offered me an interview opportunity. When I went to the interview, there were three different groups of interviewers interviewing you from different departments. It took about an hour and a half to do and it was exhausting by the end.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty much the same. If you prepare by knowing what you've done before, it should be fine, but they are really selective in their hiring selections.   Answer Question

Computer Science Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at California Steel in August 2013.

There was an initial phone interview that was about 30 minutes. It was all behavioral and based on your resume. The next interview was on-site and had two interviews. One was with HR manager and he basically tells you about the company. The next interview was a technical interview that was also based on your resume.

Computer Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at California Steel in June 2012.

After submitting my resume to their booth during the Career Fair at my university, I received a call from the HR Manager a month later. He scheduled a phone interview and a panel interview, which took approximately 30 minutes each. I was offered the position a few minutes after the panel interview. Overall, it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What is your most favorite class that you have taken? Explain why.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at California Steel in July 2010.

I had a 45 minute phone interview. The lady was very nice on the phone. She asked me a lot of questions about my past experience. She also asked me how I thought my education could help me with the position. She told me the managers would review all the phone interviews than call in people who they like for one on one interviews. I did not hear back from her.

Interview Questions
    • What classes have you taken that will help you in this position?   Answer Question