California's Great America

Updated Oct 20, 2014

1.4

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at California's Great America.

Got called for interview, real nice friendly man gave me an interview with a lady. It was easy because we would have time to think while one of us answered first while one of us thought for the best answer. It took no more than 10 minutes for both of us. We both got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There is no hard questions or unexpected really. Its all suspected and not hard.   Answer Question

Park Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at California's Great America in July 2014.

I applied online and within 4 hours, I got called back. I went in for my interview about a week later where I filled out my availability and they asked me a couple of questions. They start by asking you to tell them about yourself. Then, my interviewer gave me a couple of scenarios where I answered them to the best of my ability. After I walked out of my interview, they hired me!

Interview Questions
    • If I told you to sweep this area and to look for the fine details what do you think I meant?   Answer Question

Food Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at California's Great America in March 2014.

The process took a bit longer for me because I had applied after their mass hiring. I was called back about a month after and came in for a group interview. The interviewer asks about 3 questions that you can easily answer without any job experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, they were mostly about how good you are working as a team and what you would do when dealing with an angry customer/guest.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All they informed me on was the minimum wage raise in July.

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California's Great America.

I applied online and received an email a week later to schedule an interview. On the day of my interview, I waited around 10 minutes since there weren't that many people and the interview questions were pretty easy like how you would behave in certain situations, why you want to work there, and more about your personality. I was hired on the spot.

Guest Services - Admissions Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at California's Great America in January 2014.

The process was really chill. They called me within a day or two of me applying, requesting an interview which was very prompt. When I went, I was there about fifteen minutes early, which was good because I got interviewed quicker. Once they made you sign in, you just wait for your name to be called. The entire interview itself was pretty easy - write down your availability, tell us about yourself, have you had any experience with cash, etc. I brought my resume which is a plus because she actually kept it, so that was helpful as well. Ended up being offered a position at guest services. The entire interview itself took about twenty minutes.

Just dress presentable, be talkative, be yourself. Be early if you can, you might be out of there a lot quicker.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Why should I hire you out of all the other applicants here?

Answer Question

Games Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at California's Great America in June 2013.

Applied in early January but did not get contacted until June. When I got to the Human Resource office, there was about 80 other people there. I waited for about 2 hours. The interview was with three other people. The interviewer went around the table asking different questions to each of us. We then had 3 min to come up with a play to show how we would interact and advertise with guest. The whole interview was about 20 min. At the end he met with everyone of us separately outside discussing if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Having 3 min to come up with a play to show how we would interact and advertise with guests.   Answer Question

Rides Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at California's Great America in January 2012.

easy. just asks situational questions and questions about you. the people that interview you are one area supervisor and one ops supervisor. they seem intimidating at first but are humans just like us.

no negotions

Games Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at California's Great America in January 2012.

If you manage to show up to the job fair day and have a pulse, you will be offered a job.

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at California's Great America in September 2011.

Be yourself when you're being interviewed. Be as open and smile a lot. Talk to them as if they are your parents friends or your friends, as if you two are catching up with each other the people and co-workers are there to help you and are very friendly. I got interviewed about three times in one day.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult or unexpected questions would be to study a worksheet that they give you on the spot of your interview. You would have to read and go over EVERY SINGLE portion that you may come across because you will be tested on your last interview. Also, you will be tested once you start your job to get certified in your spot(s).   Answer Question
    I was offered to be in the water during closing time, cleaning our ride. I accepted the job. All we had to do was to make sure we counted how many boats should and should not be put but where they are supposed to. Also, we count how much are able to be in the ride for the customers to get on. Usually we let in about 9-10 boats.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at California's Great America in June 2011.

I had a very quick group interview with another person alongside me. Very basic questions were asked, such as, "What would you do if you suspected someone of stealing something", "Why do you want to work at CGA?", and "Why should we hire you?"