Callaway Golf Interview Questions

3.1

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Callaway Golf.

I would rate the hiring process better than average when I was hired 11 years ago. I had a series of interviews with regional manager, human resources and National Sales Manager. The process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was not blindsided by any odd or uncomfortable questions. Most of the questions were easily answer based on my experience in the industry.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation needed. They provided me with a relocation package and the compensation plan was based on the level of the job and the territory volume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Callaway Golf in June 2013.

I initially applied online after my university notified me that there was an opening. I was contacted via E-mail to set up a phone interview with Human Resources that lasted about 10-20 minutes. Then I was later asked to interview in-office with a panel of about 3-4 managers, which lasted about 40-60 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all easy to answer. Most difficult would be "What is something happening in the business world that we at Callaway would be interest in hearing?" Many were behavioral. An unexpected question was "What was the last book that you read?" and then what was it about, etc.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Great response from HR. Stuck with me til I had a job with them.

Senior Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Callaway Golf in February 2008.

Initial communication - Recruiter
    Interview process - Initial HR screening phonecall followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and finally an on sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was more about how to look at a business process.   View Answer

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Callaway Golf in February 2012.

initial phone interview on the spot. No appointment or advance notice. No contact in advance at all. Called during the workday. Put on the spot, demanding current salary and would not give their salary range. Left very unsettled not knowing if my range was reasonable. Due to economy and business hiring more educated people for a lot less, its difficult to know what is reasonable expected pay today.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Callaway Golf in April 2010.

After leaving the interview, I felt it went terrible. I got a call and accepted the offer an hour later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process you follow in regards to attention to detail.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Principal Process Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Callaway Golf in July 2014.

First phone interview I was asked, "What would you like to do in 2-5 years." I replied that I would like to learn Callaway technology then possibly go into Management at the company. I have 8 years Management Experience. The Callaway Recruiter, said that was impossible. The job I am applying for is not management and can't turn into management. I asked if there is no room for advancement in the company and he said that there wasn't. I got a call back a few days later saying I would not be considered.

Was also told by the recruiter, that it had been to long since I was in school.

Receptionist Interview

phone screen and then 2 onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    • whats the top ten things about a good receptionist and what do you need to work on?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Callaway Golf in February 2009.

First interview was with Director of HR over the phone. Next was 1:1 with HR Director and assistant. Last, with the Sales Director. The process was very formal and included a small tour. Each in-person interview lasted somewhere between 30 to 40 minutes. Everyone was very personable and that helped to alleviate any interview "jitters".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you demonstrated superior customer service.   Answer Question

Worked for Callaway Golf? Contribute to the Community!