CallidusCloud Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.1

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CallidusCloud (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Two calls with recruiter, then one call with manager, then met team of four people individually, then did a remote Webex presentation. The recruiter was very helpful. Presentation was pretty intense since there were all four people attending remotely.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CallidusCloud (Dublin, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Made contact with an internal recruiter who facilitated the initial phone screen. Phone screen went well and was asked typical questions about prior experience and expectations. Recruiter spent most of the time selling me on the culture, leadership and product. Moved to the 'sales selector' (one of their products) stage where they have you record and upload a video of you answering six questions that were fairly straight forward for an experienced sales professional. Next they have you fill out a behavioral analysis where you rank various character words such as "approachable" and "leader" based on what you think other people think of you and what you think of you (scale of 1-5 stars). After this part of the process was completed, they went dark. No response to voice message or emails. Very hot and cold process that left me scratching my head. I would have rather taken a rejection email than be ignored.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to prospecting for new business with reference to your past experience.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at CallidusCloud (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Several Interviews, video interview, and one face2face. First the internal recruiting interview included two schedule interviews where the Senior Recruiter did not show for the meeting or follow up. There was no effort. The other supporting people were responsive. That was a bad sign. Next the video interview using their sales tool. It is a good concept but uploading the video does not work due to size and many people have challenges. Next interview with hiring Mgr. Then they want to tap into your valuable references. Now they ask me for only my low W-2's. That was strange as I learned they were looking to give a low salary. This dragged on for approximately half a year. I was told an offer was coming and the hiring manager never offered a face2face.
    -The company has the reputation for having a good solution and they have some very good press with analyst, Salesforce partner, and customers.
    -They are still losing money and there is a competitor getting a very strong $ endorsement from Salesforce. (This is public information) Without Salesforce it would be very cloudy in a bad way.
    -They need to get more organized in their approach

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CallidusCloud.

Interview

Had an initial 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, and then 1 onsite individual interviews with the team. It took about a total of 3 hours

Interview Questions

• Was able to answer all questions (none were difficult or unexpected)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy (over the phone)

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at CallidusCloud (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Had two very cordial phone screens... Well call it three, since they cut off my second call due to their "technical difficulties". Once we were able to reconnect the next day, it was clear that the HR rep was strictly reading from a script which was handed to her. The questions were repetitive and she audibly whispered my previous answers to herself as she fumbled her words, incessantly referring to their CEO's keynote address from their conference, which can be found on YouTube. Regardless, after succumbing to phone screens, I submitted required videotaped response, but went almost 2 months before they reached out (verrrry apologetic) offering me a next interview. The idea of the company seemed intriguing (albeit their success almost entirely relies on the success of SalesForce), and Wall Street analysts will agree in the short term, but would neverrrr work here themselves... Declined offer, mainly because I felt I never heard anything but generic sales buzzwords from anyone i spoke to here...

Interview Questions

• Would you rather penetrate a new client base or expand an existing one?   1 Answer

Once you peek through their generic corporate promotions, there isn't much here long term

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Straight to the point

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CallidusCloud (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Best interview experience ever!

Before I took the interview with CallidusCloud I had some apprehensions because I was waiting on an offer and was in final talks with two other companies. I explained this to the recruiter and she went above and beyond to make sure that the process was quick and painless; essentially they were able to close me out in less than a week. I have been in interview processes that have taken months, so this was a very refreshing.

The interview process included 1 phone interview with the recruiter, 1 phone interview with the SVP & 1 panel interview with SVP and two other directors. In addition to those 3 interviews I was asked to create a deck with a high level overview of my first 30 day strategy.

After the final in-person panel interview, I got a verbal offer a few hours later and gladly accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was a bit under what I was looking for (very competitive for its location), but after careful thought I believe that it was fair and the earning potential and growth opportunity far outweighed what was lacking in from the base salary standpoint.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CallidusCloud.

Interview

I was contacted at first by the HR with an initial phone screen that lasted 20 minutes. Was very friendly and where basic questions about my resume. Communication about the entire process was great. I was able to meet with the hiring manager who asked me basic behavioral questions. Nothing difficult what so ever. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What three companies would you like to work for.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CallidusCloud (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

interview was one day and i met with different people. i heard back from HR about 1.5 weeks after the interview.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CallidusCloud (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with the recruiter. Then I was brought into the office and met with the hiring manager, the manager from another department, the team lead and the senior vice president. These interviews all took place on the same day so there wasn't a second in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard interview questions about my experience and how I would and what I would provide on executive status updates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They actually offered me above what I had asked for. They have a very rich benefit package so I didn't feel a need to negotiate. The background check took a really long time. However, take into account that they do not give annual reviews and raises consistently. Some of my co-workers had worked there for six years and never received a raise.