Callison Architecture Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Callison Architecture.

On the same day that I was told by the head of Recruiting/HR that I was not a good fit, I received a call from another Recruiter wanting to schedule an interview. Talk about a company that lacks communication-- their offices are literally 10' away from each other. Despite the mixed message from the Callison recruiting team, I decided to pursue the interview process. Round one was a phone screen. Round two was in person with a Director of Design and a Director. Round three was a phone interview with a Principal, another Director, and a Project Manager. Then there was a lunch with the Principal and a Director. The process took over a month in total, but I finally accepted an offer and was named an Associate Principal after about a year... not too bad for someone who was originally told they were not a good fit! I've since learned that the Head of Recruiting/HR doesn't know what he's doing, so I'm not too offended by his original oversight.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff. It was the multiple interviews that were tough. I'm use to a much quicker process.   View Answer
    Received what I asked for.

Interior Designer Interview

Speedy Interviewing process, submitted and 4 days later I received a call to set up a phone interview. HR staff was very friendly and responsive. Interviewed over the phone with 3 design professionals who gave me the opportunity to ask many questions. My experience was not suiting to the position

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were based on my portfolio and the processes and involvement.   Answer Question

Interior Design Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Callison Architecture.

The overall experience was good. There was a short delay between my second interview and the offer. The person extending the offer didn't seem to be very excited about extending the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The first person I interview with, both over the phone and in-person was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. He left me with a great impression of the company. Once I got to the panel interview, I had a slightly different impression of the company as you might expect. A few of them seemed tired and overworked and one seemed distracted, possibly not happy to be there. She was the person who extended the offer to me. I don't recall any questions that seemed difficult or that made me pause to think hard in any of my interviews. They were the common typical questions I'd expected. I remember feeling relieved after the panel interview.   Answer Question
    It was pretty straightforward but I didn't ask for much at that point in my career.

Reception Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Callison Architecture in October 2013.

Interview by potential coworkers

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Callison Architecture in June 2013.

emailed resume, was contacted by HR about 2 weeks later to set up initial phone interview, did first phone interview with 2-3 people, then about a week later did second phone interview with 2-3 people, a week later set up in person interview in seattle where i talked with 3-4 different people, gave a panel interview and presentation of work as well, about a week/two later was contacted by HR who gave me an offer letter of employment, which i accepted.

Interview Questions
    • was asked how i felt about working a lot of extra hours.   View Answer
    they provided offer letter, and i accepted

Interior Design Staff I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Callison Architecture in February 2013.

Got 2 round interview with the design team. HR manager are good at contacting after the 1st interview.

Architectural Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Callison Architecture in May 2012.

Submitted my resume and portfolio through a friend who worked at the firm. Was given a call back about an interview. They set up the interview and I met with the department head and a project architect. We looked over my portfolio and made small talk. After the interview they contacted one of my references.

No negotiating

Architecture Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Callison Architecture in February 2009.

Was contacted by HR
    Went in for a panel interview
    Was contacted by HR again!
    Went in for a second round
    Was contacted by HR, finally an offer
    Accepted

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a design challenge and what you did to overcome it   View Answer
    • Explain your design philosophy and what influenced your approach   View Answer
    No wiggle room