Caltex Australia Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Caltex Australia in October 2010.

What do you know about the company?

Interview Questions
    • A questions was about application of technical knowledge.   View Answer

Engineering Services Procurement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caltex Australia in September 2008.

Internal Employee Referred the job to me
    Interviewed with my the department manager and his boss.
    Went through experience, capabilities new manager's expectations and all the other standard interview questions.
    Next online paychometric evaluation followed with an independent psych evaluation agency. The test was about 3hrs long and this examination was observed and feedback was given immediately.
    Medical test followed.
    After which the hiring manager called to tell me i was successful and pitched me the pay. I had to negotiate and after which he fed told HR what he wanted and a letter of offer was sent out.

Interview Questions
    • How would you relate your expereince with this position   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate. HR had a HAYS matrix that is normally applied for all Caltex positions and their levels are transparent. I told the department manager that i'd like something more than being in the lower limit of my pay scale and was given the amount that I asked for. Then again I pitched a bit low. But I was told that after a year the chances of me going up a pay scale were significant. And now at the year end, I am pretty confident of achieving that target. Bonuses for this year seem pretty good so far.

When hiring with Caltex there is a ~50 odd number. Pay attention to that number as it is the pay grade that has been assigned to that position. Each pay grade has an upper and lower limit. find that limits and try to aim to obtain closer to the upper limit of that pay grade. Asking for more than that, might put the hiring manager off, but then again maybe you are worth it.

Commercial Decision Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caltex Australia in December 2008.

Long and frustrating process that involved pre-screeing for culture fit by Corporate HR & then other interviews & skills test with the Hiring Manager /Business HR followed by more interviews with other senior managers (who changed their mind re hiring me with no explanation).

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to raise prices in a declining market?   View Answer
    • How would you determine whether to sponsor the aust tennis or not?   View Answer

Worked for Caltex Australia? Contribute to the Community!