Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Calvert Investments
- Investment (1)
- Digital Producer (1)
- Production Manager (1)
- Regional Marketing Consultant (1)
- Senior Marketing Manager, Digital (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I did a phone screen with HR first and the hiring manager afterwards. Then, I came in for a face-to-face interview with five staff, including HR representative, the hiring manager and a VP. This in-person interview lasted 4 hours. By the time I got to the VP, I was exhausted! I don't believe they should make candidates go through such a long, drawn-out process. I didn't get a good impression of the company, partly because of the way the interview was handled.
- What kind of technical experience do you have? 1 Answer
i submitted my resume by emailing the general database. i was contacted for a phone interview a few weeks afterwards. then about a week later i was contacted and told that the position was mine.
- no technical questions, more about how you could fit in with the company, what your strengths were, why you think you are a good fit, etc. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
i took another job
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Calvert Investments (Bethesda, MD).
There were three rounds of interviews where I met with a total of 18 people by the time we were done. I was talking to literally every department head and VP in the company. This is a company that works on consensus. They have a unique corporate culture and a phenomenal retention rate with their staff. Some of the founders still work there. They are looking for good fit when they hire. It is more than what you know it is who you are as a person and will you be comfortable there.
- They asked many questions about people skills as part of the conversations. They wanted to know if I could do the work in this environment with the cross departmental juggling it would demand. 1 Answer
Agency handled it, I had a higher offer on the table from another group, but she either did not counter or or it was refused. I got a temp to perm 6 month deal that went permanent.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Calvert Investments (Bethesda, MD) in May 2010.
Very un-stressful. Friendly HR people.
- Why should we hire you over some of the other candidates to apply for this position? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Calvert Investments in March 2010.
Had several follow-ups with HR, phone interviews with dept. head and the a half-day of interviews with 7+ others.
- General broad questions about how to position their unique products for SEO. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review