Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Calvin College
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Human Resources Department (1)
- Director of Communications & Marketing (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Calvin College.
standard interview process with submitting online application first and waiting 3-4 weeks to hear about a possible interview. Interview was with director and assistant as well as an assistant from another department.
- What is your favorite part of your job? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Calvin College.
My first interview was a phone screen with the HR Department. This was a very basic 30 minute phone call asking about my qualifications. The second was a final interview about 2 hours long with 4 panel teams of 3-4 people. The second interview was very intense but it gave me a great idea of how the position was viewed across multiple departments at the College. It was also well organized- everyone had a list of questions they wanted to ask and a copy of my resume that they had obviously reviewed before speaking with me.
- Before we end this interview, what are the most important things about you that you would like us to remember? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
No formal interview. Met with the three professors I applied to work with and submitted an application online. I was hired by my second choice Professor, who taught one of my classes at the time and had talked to me informally after classes and during his office hours. Don't underestimate the power of casual interaction with professors! If they know you a bit better they will feel more comfortable hiring you than if you just filled out the basic online application.
- No formal questions asked. Answer Question
No negotiation. Calvin pays researchers a flat stipend for summer research and 8.50/hour for work during the year.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I interviewed at Calvin College (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2010.
Many phases of group interview by committee. Truly academic in its approach. Faculty governance and issue, though not unique. New position had not been sold in conceptually.
Not very flexible
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review