Calvin College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Communications & Marketing Interview

Director of Communications & Marketing
Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed at Calvin College in May 2010.

Interview Details – Many phases of group interview by committee. Truly academic in its approach. Faculty governance and issue, though not unique. New position had not been sold in conceptually.

Negotiation Details – Not very flexible

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at Calvin College

Interview Details – No formal interview. Met with the three professors I applied to work with and submitted an application online. I was hired by my second choice Professor, who taught one of my classes at the time and had talked to me informally after classes and during his office hours.

Don't underestimate the power of casual interaction with professors! If they know you a bit better they will feel more comfortable hiring you than if you just filled out the basic online application.

Interview Question – No formal questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Calvin pays researchers a flat stipend for summer research and 8.50/hour for work during the year.

Worked for Calvin College? Contribute to the Community!