Calvin College Interview Questions & Reviews

4.0

Director of Communications & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

interviewed at Calvin College in May 2010.

Many phases of group interview by committee. Truly academic in its approach. Faculty governance and issue, though not unique. New position had not been sold in conceptually.

Not very flexible

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

No formal interview. Met with the three professors I applied to work with and submitted an application online. I was hired by my second choice Professor, who taught one of my classes at the time and had talked to me informally after classes and during his office hours.

Don't underestimate the power of casual interaction with professors! If they know you a bit better they will feel more comfortable hiring you than if you just filled out the basic online application.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Calvin pays researchers a flat stipend for summer research and 8.50/hour for work during the year.

Worked for Calvin College? Contribute to the Community!