Calypso Technology Associate Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Calypso Technology in June 2014.

Interview

Very intensive and extensive. Its a whole long day if you pass the test and presentation. The test is not basic at all, there are 3 sessions - True/False, Multiple choice, and Essay. Study the front-middle-back duties etc, and know all the products they trade. True and False is tricky, learn your financial security concepts, and the essay question is easy just basic finance questions. After lunch, its 4 back to back interviews. They will ask you about your work experience so make sure you know what you did and articulate yourself. COME PREPARED!

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Calypso Technology

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

For morning session, all candidates were required to do a presentation about their education and work experience in front of the interview panel and other candidates. The presentations were followed by a test on basic finance knowledge (with a focus on derivatives). Lunch was provided. For afternoon sessions, there were 2-3 one-on-one interview sessions with manager / associate currently work in the business analyst program.

Interview Questions

Most decision factor in declining this offer is that employees and candidates were not very impressive at all. During the presentation, some candidates answered the question of "Why Calypso" by elaborating on how Calypso has great pay and benefit, which is clearly rookie mistake in interviewing and some other candidates can barely speak English. Interviewers did not ask very intelligent questions and have background in non brand name colleague / MBA programs. Office space is very run-down and overall not a high-caliber organization to learn and grow for entry-level candidates.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied through my school's job website and received an invitation for an information/interview session. Received a brief introduction to the company and what they do, presented a powerpoint presentation consisting of my background, goals, and why Calypso. Afterward, took a financial knowledge test that asked basic/intermediate finance questions such as NPV, what are options, FX, stock exchanges, etc. Then 1:1 interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I heard about the company at my university career fair, where I handed in my resume. A week later I was contacted through an email notifying me that I was invited for an information session/interview. The interview consisted of a ppt presentation where candidates provided information about their education and why they feel fit for the job. In addition, candidates had to take a test showing their knowledge of financial markets. Questions included: 1) what is the current Dow Jones level? 2) What is the par value of a bond? 3) What does IPO stand for? After the presentation about 5 candidates were given 1:1 interviews.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

It was an all day thing. You had to do a five minute presentation about yourself and your interest in the company. It was really easy most of the presentations were horrible. Then you had to take a test about basic finance knowledge, no calculations mostly just vocab stuff and explaining general concepts. Anyone with a class or two in economics or finance would have done fine. Then if you are picked after lunch to continue on there are about 3-4 more 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you are holding a callable bond is it your right or obligation to deliver the bond if it is called.   1 Answer

It seemed like a really cool company but the pay could not justify the hours and commute required.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Calypso Technology in September 2009.

Interview

The turnaround time for communication is extremely fast. I applied online using their web-based recruitment system, and was invited for an interview in about 2 days. The lag time between the notification and the actual interview day was about 2 weeks.

They tend to do full-day interviews, broken down into business applicants (professional services) and technical candidates (IT and computer science). Business applicants had the option to interview on Monday or Wednesday, and technical candidates on Tuesday or Thursday. For business applicants, there were between 13-16 people on each day. There were significantly less IT candidates.

The early part of the day consisted of an hour long presentation about the company. The group was then divided in half -- one group went to take a skills test, and the other did their presentations. The skills test (for business applicants) consisted of basic finance material, including NPV, time value of money, etc. The presentation was used to describe ourselves and our career goals. The groups switched rooms after each finished their respective tasks.

After this initial phase, the first cuts were made. Only about 6 people remained to continue on with back-to-back interviews. I completed one-on-one interviews with 5 people, but 2 people were cut during this time as well. We knew if we were being offered a job by the end of the week (Friday).

Interview Questions

• Is an option an obligation or a right to buy/sell securities?   1 Answer

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Calypso Technology in September 2009.

Interview

Web-based recruitment. Got an offer for interview, with two weeks to prepare a PowerPoint presentation (introduction to yourself) in front of all the applicants. There were two days/groups for this position. Each group had about 13-16 people. I had to take a test about basic finance, and then do a 5 min PowerPoint presentation. After that, there was a first round of cut. I had to meet with about 5 other employees/recruiters for one on one interviews. I was contacted with an job offer after 10 days.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with technical problems if you were an employee   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Calypso Technology.

Interview

It was pretty easy, started with a 20 minutes presentation to the group then a short test then 3 1on 1 interview

The overall process was pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know the basic finance and keep up to date with the market   Answer Question