Calypso Technology Business Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was offered an interview over email very randomly. I handed my resume to a recruiter over a year ago at a career fair, and never expected a response, but there it was in my email, right before I was about to graduate. The interview for NGT required a powerpoint presentation about myself, then taking a finance written quiz, and if you passed, you were allowed to actually interview. There were 3 interviews, two of which had 2 people interviewing me and one of which was just with the potential manager. Interview questions were straightforward, none of that fitting tennis balls into an airplane stuff. Word of advice: the company is a technology company, NOT finance company. If you are a finance/econ major, don't flaunt your finance knowledge or experience as if it matters that much. Make sure you show interest in the technology aspect of the company as that is pretty much 80% of what you will be working with as an employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the end of my last interview of the day, an HR person came in and talked salary and told me they'd get back to me in a week. I got a call a week later with an offer a little bit above what I asked for, and 100% paid for health benefits. I accepted very soon after that call.

Other Interview Reviews for Calypso Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

the interview includes three parts: first part is a 5 min short presentation about yourself'; second part is a paper quiz on some basic financial stuff; then the third part is 1-1 interview, about 3-4 rounds meeting with different people.

Interview Questions

• why is your presentation so different from others?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology in October 2010.

Interview

First round was a panel interview, panelists consisted BA Manager, BA & a techie guy. Asked basics about Derivatives & MM instruments. Second was a phone interview with an onsite BA. Difficulty level medium. Last with VP or of that sort. Nice interaction.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calypso Technology in August 2010.

Interview

Very unique interview setup with a required 5-minute presentation and a basic finance knowledge test. Not too difficult and at the management level people seem mature and experience. Only bad experience is that the analysts who interviewed showed no sign of competence and professionalism. Business Analyst also seems like a misnomer for this position as this position pretty much is information technology. The workplace has no dress code and terrible work environment with desks all scattered around. Accept offers from them at your own personal discretion.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what exactly does a Business Analyst do at Calypso?   1 Answer
    • What is difference between a forward and a future?   2 Answers