Calypso Technology

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Calypso Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was offered an interview over email very randomly. I handed my resume to a recruiter over a year ago at a career fair, and never expected a response, but there it was in my email, right before I was about to graduate.

The interview for NGT required a powerpoint presentation about myself, then taking a finance written quiz, and if you passed, you were allowed to actually interview. There were 3 interviews, two of which had 2 people interviewing me and one of which was just with the potential manager. Interview questions were straightforward, none of that fitting tennis balls into an airplane stuff. Word of advice: the company is a technology company, NOT finance company. If you are a finance/econ major, don't flaunt your finance knowledge or experience as if it matters that much. Make sure you show interest in the technology aspect of the company as that is pretty much 80% of what you will be working with as an employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – At the end of my last interview of the day, an HR person came in and talked salary and told me they'd get back to me in a week. I got a call a week later with an offer a little bit above what I asked for, and 100% paid for health benefits. I accepted very soon after that call.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Calypso Technology in April 2011.

Interview Details – the interview includes three parts: first part is a 5 min short presentation about yourself'; second part is a paper quiz on some basic financial stuff; then the third part is 1-1 interview, about 3-4 rounds meeting with different people.

Interview Question – why is your presentation so different from others?   View Answer

Business Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Calypso Technology in October 2010.

Interview Details – First round was a panel interview, panelists consisted BA Manager, BA & a techie guy. Asked basics about Derivatives & MM instruments. Second was a phone interview with an onsite BA. Difficulty level medium. Last with VP or of that sort. Nice interaction.

Interview Question – Basics about derivatives & MM instruments.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Calypso Technology in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very unique interview setup with a required 5-minute presentation and a basic finance knowledge test. Not too difficult and at the management level people seem mature and experience. Only bad experience is that the analysts who interviewed showed no sign of competence and professionalism. Business Analyst also seems like a misnomer for this position as this position pretty much is information technology. The workplace has no dress code and terrible work environment with desks all scattered around. Accept offers from them at your own personal discretion.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what exactly does a Business Analyst do at Calypso?   View Answer
  • What is difference between a forward and a future?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Calypso Technology

Worked for Calypso Technology? Contribute to the Community!