Camber

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.5

Administrative Graphic Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Camber.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I had a group interview with three people. They asked a lot behavioral questions that were pretty easy to answer. I had two more interviews with a Project manager and the Deputy Director of the Orlando office which were also fine.

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Camber.

Contacted to submit resume and apply online, went through a group screening interview, then hiring manager interview, normal questions you would expect in an interview. They took awhile to get a formal offer after be told the position was mine over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you worth the salary you are requiring?   View Answer
    They made offer that was quite low I countered and they accepted. My suggestion is to counter no matter what they offer, they low ball everyone I've seen get hired

Publications Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Camber in September 2011.

Interview was average, short typing test. Interviewed by team lead and project manager and asked standard interview questions. Salary offer was as is, no room to negotiate. Project manager explained training process, a little daunting as there really wasn't one. You had to just jump in and ask questions as you went along.

Interview Questions
    • Typing test although short was tricky. Watch what it asks for and type everything, It may appear as though it only wants you to type the answer but type question as well.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating, offer was as presented.

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Camber in June 2011.

Phone only, with direct supervisor only. I was on one coast, he was on the other and the contract did not specify funds for "interview travel", so the interview was by phone only. Offered job based on the recommendation of incumbent who had previous experience working with me.

No negotiation

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Camber in July 2010.

My resume was passed to the recruiter by an employee. I was contacted by the recruiter over the phone and it was a very pleasant experience. She was very caring and the interview felt informal and conversational. I didn't feel punished if I wasn't familiar with a tool/database/program. The whole process took about two week, since I was out of state everything was conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Completely conversational, I wasn't asked any questions that I practiced or received   Answer Question
    Never negotiated for a salary and could have easily been taken advantaged of by the recruiter. I ended up getting $20k more than I initially asked for (from the low end of the first ball park figure I gave). Time off is non-negotiable, but I asked for an extra sick leave day and was awarded $5k instead (still part of that 20).

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Camber in July 2010.

They were looking for someone with strong skill sets but more importantly they were looking for someone with the ability to communicate between multiple parties and manage a situation in which you are an employee of another company working within the government - "a triangle of success." If you can convince them that you are an effective communicator and relationship manager then you are sure to hear back from them.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Camber in August 2009.

Submitted my resume to a company employee, was contacted by the area Program Manager. Met with one other company employees to determine if I was a fit for the position. First interview was an ice breaker to validate my qualifications. Once vetted, I met with the hiring authority and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    If you negotiate salary, make them put anything they promise in writing or they will not honor it at a later date

Senior Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Camber in April 2009.

Camber has an aggressive team of recruiters who able to identify talent. Camber has recruiter interview fallowed by operational manager interview. Camber is Government cultured organization that fights for its business obligations. It is not verbal but is implied that Personnel is expected to do their best to satisfy the customer.

Able to negotiate a better offer. As normal as all industries, every company representative will attempt to save money for their company