Cambridge Associates, LLC Associate Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

36 interviews

2.8

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consulting Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone interview and superday with behavioral interview that included a case.

Interview Questions
  • How would you invest $20,000?
    What would you do if you were given 5 hours to do a 10 hour project?
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2013.

I applied and was given a first-round interview through on-campus recruiting. The interview was 1-on-1 and lasted for about half an hour, mostly behavorial-type questions about why I was interested in the job, as well as some questions about experiences on my resume. Towards the end of the interview, I was given a simple chart and asked to provide an recommendation to a fictional client based on data in the graph. Very straight-forward. I was offered a spot in a full day final interview in the company's Boston office, but I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in being a Consulting Associate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2013.

There were two interviews, the first is a basic 30 minute screen and then a second super-day interview which consisted of four 30 minute interviews. Overall the technical questions were relatively easy especially if you have a business/finance background.

One major critique, their HR recruiters for this role are pretty lost in the weeds and do not respond to emails or calls. They agreed to reimburse me $300 for travel expenses for the super day, it has been seven weeks and I still have not been paid back. I even Fedexed HR another copy of my expenses and they ignored it. Also, when I finally heard back from HR they told me that I was qualified and they would have made an offer but they had already extended all offers for the class and that they kept interviewing until all offers were extended. I am a bit annoyed that they wasted my time and especially because I did so much prep work all with no chance from the beginning. This is a company with a great reputation and I would have really liked to work there, however treating candidates in this way is unacceptable and unfair.

Interview Questions
    • Know about sharpe ratio, correlation and Standard Deviation. Also, there is a basic case study during the super day & a two minute presentation   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Applied through a college interview consortium. Went to a hotel with a lot of other college students and was interviewed in a large conference room with many other interviews occurring for other companies, etc. Interview was mostly behavioral, and it seemed as if they were looking for someone to do menial tasks rather than anything that required critical abilities.

Consulting Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2013.

The first interview was a 1:1 that consisted of a fit section and quick graph analysis (if you can extract the important details from a graph you'll be fine). The second interview was held at the company site in Boston. There were 5 parts: two fit, two "cases" and a 1-on-1 lunch. The first fit was very standard -- you basically walk through your resume. The second part was just answering "why Cambridge Associates". The cases weren't your standard management consulting case; they were more tailored to the specific kind of work you would be doing as a CA.

Consulting Associate Interview

First had an on campus interview at my university and then an on site interview with the firm. Whole process took about 2.5 weeks from the first interview to hearing back after the second round. The on site interview consisted of 2 30 min and 2 45 min interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, had to talk through a few cases, but that was about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

I applied via my University's career services. About a week later, CA reached out to me saying they'd like to interview me on Grounds. The first round interview is relatively short at 30 minutes and not very technical. They asked the typical behavioral questions such as why do you want to go into financial consulting, why CA specifically, and they asked a basic portfolio theory question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why CA. The why financial consulting was easy bc it's a job between i-banking and strategy consulting and provides a good balance, but I'm not even aware of competing financial consulting firms.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2009.

This was a standard interview with some exercises to test basic investment knowledge. The interview is composed of 5 meetings with current CA team.

Consulting Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Applied through campus career center. Half-hour on-campus interview, followed by interview day in Boston office that I declined. The interview was a few standard questions (Why Cambridge, why investment consulting) followed by a brief case study. The interviewer was very friendly and laid-back. Personality fit definitely seemed to be a focus.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was pretty simple, just a risk/return graph with different hypothetical managers graphed. The goal was to determine which manager should be replaced (i.e., lowest return/risk ratio).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

On campus interview with one interviewer. Following that, had an informational session in the evening at the office. This was followed by an interview day with 5 interviews, the 3rd being a case interview (that is unlike most case interviews for consulting due to the uniqueness of investment consulting). Then they have a consulting associate take you to lunch, which I assume is informally part of the process as well.

Interview Questions
    • The case. It is unlike other cases you would see, and involves picking the right set of investment managers based on the information you are given.   Answer Question

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!