Cambridge Associates, LLC Associate Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview went very well. Met 3 different people for in person interviews. 2 of the 3 interviewers were absolutely terrible and extremely arrogant. Asked boring standard questions i.e. What is your biggest weakness?

Interview Questions

The company environment seemed arrogant and saw little to no room for growth.

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

It was weird. I had several interviews. The first was with a guy who was cool, but played tricks on me saying there were errors on my resume. There weren't. A woman who was kind of anti-social and rude. And then one guy who was super nice. It seemed like some sort of psychological test to see how you deal with rude interviewers and pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

I submitted my application on campus, but the first round interview wasn't on campus. It was via phone. After making it to the second round, I went to their offices in Boston. I participated in 8 half hour interviews with various associates. Usually it was 2 on 1. only one of them was a case interview. The case is given a week prior to your interview. It consists of evaluating a list of private equity funds based on publicly available information.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of 5 managers, how would you invest your money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

First phone interview, then in office interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for the associate position through their main website. The next day I was emailed to set a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter asked typical questions, such as my current position and past positions (mainly everything on my resume). After the questions were over, I was able to ask some questions, such as what is the typical day like and what is the next process of the interview. She then asked me to come in the next day for a face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of round robin type of interview. I attended a presentation of the company, the department I would be in, and the position with 2 other candidates. After the presentation we were then broken off to interview with 3 other individuals, 2 managers, and the head of the department. The questions they asked were similar: what financial background do you have, do you know what the position details, strengths/weaknesses.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2009.

Interview

This was a good experience with a very nice interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I went to an information session the night before the interview although they sent the email to potential candidates the day before said interview session stating that it was "strongly recommended". Kind of put me in a bind to begin with. Lucky enough I live in Boston, so that did not result in unplanned hotel accommodations. The interview itself was ok. It was late in the day and my nervousness was measurable. The interviewer was a consultant and was friendly enough, albeit somewhat arrogant. Basic interview questions about my resume, what skills I brought to the position so on and so forth coupled with a chart that I was to interpret. Was informed a few weeks later that the company had chosen to explore other options.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you have a job lined up with the company that you interned with over this past summer?   Answer Question