Cambridge Associates, LLC

Engaged Employer

Cambridge Associates, LLC Consulting Associate Interview Questions

2.8

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. Starts with a phone interview with a current consulting associate who has a year or two's experience, it's a very relaxed conversation about your background, then some basic questions on investments.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviews with other associates and consultants. I did 5 rounds because it was done purely by Skype. Applied through the website. Emailed me back.

Interview Questions

• The case study is probably the most difficult part in which you are given a sample investment planning review to explain what the charts mean.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

No competence questions. I was asked about my previous job experience and why want to switch to investment consulting. Then I was asked to describe my portfolio: where would I invest and why, for how long, etc etc. They clearly expected very detailed answer of the firms, sectors, market dynamic, aims.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about the market portfolio.   1 Answer

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (City of London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

20 minute phone interview with a few general questions such as: Why did you do that degree, what do you expect to do at CA. After that a quick case study about how to invest a 100 mio. fortune. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2010.

Interview

1. 30min phone interview to ascertain your interest in investment consulting and Cambridge Associates
    2. In-office interviews comprising of a case study, and interviews with members of the consulting associate team
    3. In-office interviews with other members of consulting associate team and investment consultant
    4. In-office interviews with one or two investment consultants

Interview Questions

• How does the optimal number of managers differ for different types of asset classes and what does it depend on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2010.

Interview

The first portion is a phone interview with basic questions like: what were your favorite 3 classes in college? Tell me about yourself? and then you explain your resume. They also ask questions like how did you hear about Cambridge? Tell me about someone who was difficult to work with? What are your strengths and weaknesses?

The second portion is a 3 hour long interview where you interview with 2 consulting associates, one office manager, and 2 consultants. The time length is designed to wear you down so you become more honest. The first 3 people ask very similiar questions and ask you to classify your excel knowledge (do you know vlookups, vbas, sumproducts, etc), interest in investments, etc. The 4th section is a case study asking about sharpe ratios, efficient region, etc. It proposes 4 portfolios and asks you to pick the best one based on the data.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, anyone who applies gets a hard offer of $47,000 plus an up to 5% bonus (subject to a 35% tax) in December.