Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC
- Consulting Associate (35)
- Junior Associate (32)
- Investment Associate (14)
- Investment Performance Analyst (13)
- Research Associate (11)
- Investment Performance Junior Analyst (10)
- Junior Research Associate (9)
- Investment Performance Associate (8)
- Associate (7)
- Junior Investment Operations Associate (4)
- Summer Associate (3)
- Investment Consultant (2)
- Investment Operations Associate (2)
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Junior Operations Associate (2)
- Research Analyst - Manager Information Group (2)
- MIG Analyst (1)
- Research Associate - Capital Markets (1)
- MIG (1)
- Portfolio Report Analyst (1)
- Portfolio Reporting (1)
- Performance Reporting Junior Analyst (1)
- Junior Operation Associate (1)
- Junior Operation Associate Interview - Phone Screening (1)
- Junior Associate MIG (1)
- Private Equity Consultant (1)
- Research Assistant (1)
Consulting Associate Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.
Fairly straightforward interview process. Starts with a phone interview with a current consulting associate who has a year or two's experience, it's a very relaxed conversation about your background, then some basic questions on investments.
- How would you invest 1 million dollars? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC
Consulting Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2011.
Interviews with other associates and consultants. I did 5 rounds because it was done purely by Skype. Applied through the website. Emailed me back.
- The case study is probably the most difficult part in which you are given a sample investment planning review to explain what the charts mean. Answer Question
Consulting Associate InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.
No competence questions. I was asked about my previous job experience and why want to switch to investment consulting. Then I was asked to describe my portfolio: where would I invest and why, for how long, etc etc. They clearly expected very detailed answer of the firms, sectors, market dynamic, aims.
- Detailed questions about the market portfolio. 1 Answer
Consulting Associate InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (City of London, England (UK)) in August 2011.
20 minute phone interview with a few general questions such as: Why did you do that degree, what do you expect to do at CA. After that a quick case study about how to invest a 100 mio. fortune. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Consulting Associate InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2010.
1. 30min phone interview to ascertain your interest in investment consulting and Cambridge Associates
2. In-office interviews comprising of a case study, and interviews with members of the consulting associate team
3. In-office interviews with other members of consulting associate team and investment consultant
4. In-office interviews with one or two investment consultants
- How does the optimal number of managers differ for different types of asset classes and what does it depend on? Answer Question
Consulting Associate InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 days – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2010.
The first portion is a phone interview with basic questions like: what were your favorite 3 classes in college? Tell me about yourself? and then you explain your resume. They also ask questions like how did you hear about Cambridge? Tell me about someone who was difficult to work with? What are your strengths and weaknesses?
The second portion is a 3 hour long interview where you interview with 2 consulting associates, one office manager, and 2 consultants. The time length is designed to wear you down so you become more honest. The first 3 people ask very similiar questions and ask you to classify your excel knowledge (do you know vlookups, vbas, sumproducts, etc), interest in investments, etc. The 4th section is a case study asking about sharpe ratios, efficient region, etc. It proposes 4 portfolios and asks you to pick the best one based on the data.
- What were your favorite 3 classes in college and why? Answer Question
There is no negotiation, anyone who applies gets a hard offer of $47,000 plus an up to 5% bonus (subject to a 35% tax) in December.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review