Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

Phone interview followed by Super Day at their office. 4 interviews. 1 is resume based, 2 are cases, and the final one is why CA. After the 4 interviews, they take you out to lunch.

CA was extremely unprofessional throughout the interview process. I was asked for references and CA never contacted them. Additionally, I emailed HR multiple times to get an update on a decision, which was promised by early November. When they did finally reply in December, they unsurprisingly declined to give me an offer.

Investment Associate Interview

Submitted resume through college, had 30 min interview at Bowdoin, asked to have a SuperDay in the office. Super day much more intense than originally thought. 4 hours of interview

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Had my primary interview on campus. The primary interview was mostly questions about my resume and generic questions such as "tell me about yourself", "your weaknesses/strengths", etc. Just as you would expect a typical interview to go. The interviewers were very nice and cordial and the interview itself was very fun for me.

I got through to the second round interview which was held at their VA office and was conducted by a senior software developer and another software developer. They asked more in depth questions about the languages I knew that were present on my resume. Asked about multi-threading, ruby, java, etc. Most of the questions were geared toward technical things. They asked a couple of questions about protected vs. static vs. private. All in all, the interview process was very relaxed but I couldn't get a read on their expressions. I didn't know how I was doing on the interview.

Overall, it was a great experience and had a lot of fun interviewing with Cambridge Associates for an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have difficult questions in the interview. If you truly know what you wrote on your resume and can speak about them, there should be no problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

Applied through campus career website after attending an information session. Was invited for a first round interview at a neighboring school. The first round interview was with one current Investment Associate and was about 30 mins long. It was very casual and easy. Mostly talked about our alma mater and why I chose the school and my work experience (resume based stuff). Then 5 mins was a 'case study' which is basically a graph question and is extremely easy if you are comfortable with graphs. Afterwards I was invited for a second round interview at the Boston office. The super-day consisted of 4 30-45 minute interviews and then I was taken out to lunch by a current Investment Associate. The first interview was resume-based with a few scenarios, the second was an extensive investment consulting case study in which you have to give a 2 min presentation, the third was a role-playing case study and the fourth was more of a debriefing casual interview. Overall I enjoyed the process however it took 4 weeks for them to get back to me after the final round interview. I had two other offers and pushed for an answer at which time they told me I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is a sharpe ratio? How would you allocate X's funds in different types of investments...etc.   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Campus recruitment --> Phone screening --> On-site Interview "Super Day" --> Offer

The on-site interview is basically just 3 back-to-back behavioral interviews, 1 case interview, and 1 lunch (basically another interview). It was a stressful 3 hours, but very rewarding as well. If you prepared for this interview very well, then I would say you are probably ready for many other interviews as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, and what did you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

They did on campus recruiting. Started with a mostly behavioral interview along with a small mini case study that you work through with the interviewer. Next, you are asked to apply through their website and then invited to their super day. This is a three to four hour process with two full case studies and four total interviews.

Administrative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2010.

NA - I was hired as a temp. I do not feel that these questions pertain to me as I worked here for a while as a temp and they decided to hire me on as a full time employee

Typical

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Submitted my resume online and received a call within a day or two. The initial phone interview was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. I mostly spoke about time management, teamwork, time sensitivity of data and how these concepts related to my past work experience. I was invited to the open house interview, which like the first one was mostly resume and personality based questions. The interviews are very easy be comfortable and stress your high work ethic, your ability to work with teams and your commitment to finishing projects. Research MIG before you apply.

Private Equity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

I had my initial interview call with HR which as I understand from others on Glasssoor is standard protocol. I applied directly through CA's website and was contacted by HR a week later for the call.

Interview Questions
    • The bulk of the questions were around my resume and asking why I chose to join or leave a particular firm.

They also asked why I was interested to join CA and also where I saw myself down in a few years.

View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

Went in for a "superday" like they have at many different places in the financial world. Met with 6 or 7 people - most were very nice and asked arbitrary questions about my resume and background. I was asked to present my case interview and drilled with questions - some that I could answer and some that I was unable to. The point of this was to get me out of my comfort zone. Be prepared for this.

Interview Questions
    • Plenty of very specific questions regarding parts of my case study - some that I could not have known the answers to.   Answer Question