Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

HR called me for a phone screen. He was nice and phone questions where easy, but the whole process was rushed and there wasn't enough notice for the following in person interview. The in person interview day was long but everyone asked pretty normal interview questions. Some of the interviews were nicer than others, but no one was gruff or rude. HR said they would get back to me in a few days, but he never notified me of their decision, despite my attempt to reach out to him.

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Upon arriving to Super Day, the interviewees were briefed on Cambridge's structure and computer programs (about 45 mins). Then, we were separated into rooms and had 4 interviews back to back, followed by lunch. It was exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a junior associate position and was contacted within the week for a phone interview. It lasted for about 20 minutes, and they followed up requesting an in person interview. Have not yet completed the super day, but it will consist of a presentation on MIG along with three interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important work related skill you acquired from your last internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple enough straight forward phone interview. Moving on to in person interview in the next week or so. HR personel was friendly enough and very flexible with their schedule. Talked to the hiring manager a few days later again on the phone. Look at all the other questions posted on here, they are pretty dead on to what will be asked. Look forward to the next part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 2 to 4 years? Why Cambridge? Why this Position? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

extensive process for the position, interviewed with 20 people over 3 separate days, one on one with managers and group interviews with peers. very behavioral and they want to make sure you dont leave the firm within a year. the overall experience was okay.

Interview Questions

• normal questions, why cambridge, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, received an on-campus interview before being invited to a superday. Superday was composed of four separate interviews with other associates and directors, including a very basic case study. The entire process was much more focused on fit with the office and position rather than knowledge based criteria/.

Interview Questions

• Very fit-based questions, primarily focused on the Investment Associate position itself, which focuses on monitoring the performance of fund managers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially applied through On-Campus recruiting. I interviewed on-Campus and it was the basic resume based questions. Nothing to hard. Just study the website and you should be fine. I was told at the end of the interview that I would be moving on to the next round of interviews. After this, it was complete radio silence. I did not hear back from them until 3-4 weeks later until I reached out myself after getting another offer. The recruiter did not get back to me until about a week later in which I was then asked to come in to the office. The process of setting up the on-site interview was really disorganized. the worst experience I have had with any of the companies I have interviewed with. i had to set up my lodging and travel by myself while other companies took care of all that. Besides that, the onsite interviews were pretty smooth. It was a long interview consisting of 5 30 minute interviews, two which were case interviews. The interviews were again the basic resume questions and all the the interviewers asked the same questions. The cases weren't that hard, they basically wanted to see how you think. After the interviews, I went to lunch with two Associates. Over all the interview process wasn't that hard. Definitely, think about what you want to do in your career though. It doesn't seem like this position leads to any more opportunities in the the company. When talking to them, it seemed like most people left and were expected to leave to get an MBA.

Interview Questions

• Why Cambridge Associates? Why did you pick your school? Why did you pick your major(s)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board, selected for a campus interview. A week later I received an invitation for a super day. It consisted of 6 rounds, 2 of which were cases. Not very difficult. Really basic investing knowledge (risk, return, time horizons).

Interview Questions

• Case based on an endowment and strategically walking through how you would allocate these funds.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Couple other guys in there with me. We watched a power point on the company. Yes they will quiz you about what you saw. Several interviews as they pass you from room to room. Most of the people that interview you are very pushy and rude. They put you under pressure and see how you do. They have case studies, behavioral questions, and will even try to trip you up and catch you lying about anything you say. Very slimy people in my opinion which is why I did not accept the offer... well that and the job is for data input...ALL.DAY. everyday. Data input. And they underpay the heck out of you. Take this job only if you have some dead-end major like poly sci, or management or something. Finance, Accounting, and any other real degrees steer clear because it has nothing to do with any knowledge of anything you learned in school. Just typing in numbers all day.

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had an on campus interview, 1 on 1 with an alumni who currently works at Cambridge. Basic interview questions involving strengths, weaknesses, and interests. Make sure you know what the job you are applying for entails because they will ask about it. Asked back to go to a "super day." Excited for this opportunity!