Cambridge Associates, LLC

Updated Aug 25, 2014

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Didn't hear a thing from Cambridge Associates until about 4 months after I applied for an entry level position. I would think that they have a very high turnover for their entry level spots and hire in cycles. Once I did hear from them the interview process was quick, with an initial interview scheduled very soon after they reached out to me, and a second round interview just three days later.

MIG Analyst Interview

Telephone screening, 2 hour interview with 4 employees (30 mins each)

Interview Questions
    • Work ethic - define, what's yours, and how has yours been shaped   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Did a phone screen which ran over the resume. Didn't hear back for two weeks and followed up to find out I hadn't been selected for another round.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone screening the next day. The next round, which was one week later was with the hiring manager. This lasted about 30 min and we talked about my experience, education and how it would help the company.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager asked me to run him through a specific investment strategy for a personal client.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

1st round touches on standard behavioral questions. 2nd round is an open house where they introduce the company and department, followed by 3 rounds of interview with 3 managers, lastly followed by a writing sample test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2012.

There was an initial phone interview, second round interview and then final round. In the initial phone interview, he called a half-hour earlier than schedule and asked a series of behavior questions. The second round was held at their Arlington location. They started with a presentation and then took me to be interviewed by 3 managers, each lasting 30 minutes. They asked a bunch of general behavioral questions, I found them to be very frat-like 20 something males. They were all very insincere and seemed to have no actual interest in me, but just wanted to get through the interview so they could get to the next candidate. One had a sheet full of the most ridiculous interview questions I've ever been asked and proceeded to ask the questions at me and just jot down my answers, he didn't even look up to make eye contact the entire time.

Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

The first interview was through my school. It was only a half an hour, and really just a fit interview, nothing much to worry about. There was a very short case. Only a graph with just one question. I didn't have any financial background, but they knew that with me going in, so I talked my way through it and asked questions.

I got a second round which was at their office in Menlo Park. It was from 9 in the morning until around 2, lunch included. Five interviews and then lunch is a pretty long day. Didn't get a tour of the office which is weird for such a small place. First interview was behavioral, second was my background, third was why do you want to work here, fourth was a longer 40 minute case and the last was talking about an article.

Everyone was really nice except for the "why do you want to work here" interviewer. Apparently no matter how I answered that question it was not good enough for him. We spent around 20 minutes on it. They knew I had no finance background going in (I'm a physics major), but proceeded to say that since I had no background, how did I know I would like it or even be any good at it. I field questions pretty well if I say so myself, but at the end of this, I was just wondering why they invited me up in the first place if they thought I was unfit for the job.

Also, lunch was awkward. It was with a girl my age who had just started work there 6 months ago. She honestly had nothing to say and I had to carry the whole conversation for myself. Nice, but just dull...

While it was a good experience, I am disappointed that I drove 6 hours each way to talk with them when I feel that they didn't take me seriously. They knew I didn't have a finance background to begin with so it is a little annoying that this was such a big holdup for them. Also, there is no compensation for travel, which can be annoying when other consulting firms will do anything to get you there.

Interview Questions
    • You really have to know why you love finance, and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Had a phone interview which was pretty basic, asked how to invest 100 million. Then had a assessment day which consisted of 3 interviews and a case study. Finally had a third round with a director.

Junior Associate Interview

They contacted me by phone and I had a thirty minute phone interview. Then I was invited to an open house with 3 other people. They gave an hour long presentation about the company and the position after which I had three 20 minutes interviews with various staff members. The staff members were very nice and the interview was not too hard.

Junior Research Associate Interview

4 stages of interviewing process

Interview Questions

Got a better offer at Goldman Sachs.