Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

Junior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Applied through campus recruiting, had an interview at school and was then called back for a "super day" at their office. They took me out to lunch and then put me and two other candidates through an hour long information session followed by 2 hours of interviews with four different people.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of generic questions about your personality and why you wanted to join Cambridge   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

I had a two part processes with an on-campus interview followed by a super interview consisting of 4 interviews. The entire process was quick and after my first interview the recruiter contacted me within 3 days. The interview on campus was mostly resume based questions and pretty typical as far as job interviews go. The super day was pretty long and had many more in-depth and behavior questions.

CA offers candidates traveling 100-500 miles up to $300 reimbursement and those travelling 500+ miles $600 reimbursement for the super interview day, so keep your receipts.

Interview Questions
    • What drives you most - fear of failure or love of success?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

The initial interview was very short. It was less than 30 minutes and very to the point. You get the basic tell me about yourself, and than review your resume for a couple minutes. They give you a graph to analyze and you have to answer a couple questions. Graph is very easy, they help you through it if you get stuck.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straight forward. I would say the hardest question was the one about the graph, it took some brief critical thinking but nothing too demanding.   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2011.

Starts with a phone screen from the HR department. Basic questions about your background and maybe a behavioral one or two.

Next you are invited to come into the office where they give you a presentation on the firm. Afterwards you will be interviewed by a couple different assistant managers.

For the final round, you will meet with an assistant manager again as well as the director of the department. Afterwards they have you do a "peer round table" where you can ask current associates questions about the position.

From there you will hear back within the next two weeks about whether or not you got an offer.

Not negotiable

Investment Consultant Interview

Applied through campus recruiting- first interview was on campus and had short case component but mostly resume based. Second interview was super day format at their office, with four resume interviews and a more difficult case component.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days by the hiring manager who requested to schedule a phone interview with me that week. The phone interview was approximately 15 minutes long, most questions were conventional where he asked me to talk about myself and my experiences. At the end of the phone call I was asked to come into the office for multiple second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important factor regarding customer service?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you need to improve most in an office environment?   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

After applying online, the HR arranged for a quick phone interview, and I was invited for the second interview lasting for around 3 hours. The phone interview was just to go through the resume and asked some questions regarding expected pay, why Cambridge, etc. The second interview was more comprehensive, and involved a case study, and interviews with 3 other individuals. The case study requires you to ask questions on how to execute a certain change in a client's portfolio and to reflect them in a flash report. Subsequently, you would be asked to present the flash report to the manager, and you would be evaluated on your logic and organizational skills. The other two interviewers would be going through the usual interview questions such as strengths and weaknesses, what do you think the job entails, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I would think the most difficult part would be the case study. Be sure to read up on what does the role require you to do, and the other roles of the other parties that you would be liaising with, such as the investment consultants and MSG. You would need to know how each parties work, in order to come up with the questions and the report plan.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

Very long process, had initial interview early June and had final interview on 18th July. Telephone interview, then series of group interviews involving two competency interviews and one case study including various psychometric tests in between. Then a final round of interviews with three senior members of staff. Very personable, more like a conversation

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a £100m portfolio   View Answer

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Sent in an online application and they got back in around 2 weeks. The HR lady arranged for a telephone interview first and after some selection, they will invite you to their office for 2 rounds of interviews. The first round is about 2 hours with 30 minutes as an introduction to the company and the role. After that, you will be seated in a room and a senior associate or manager will interview you for about 30 to 40 mins. Then there will be a round table discussion with 2 members of the team. They ask around the same questions. If you get selected, you will be invited for the second round of interviews. Questions are also quite repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you for the motivation behind applying for the job.   Answer Question

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2014.

- Applied online
    - Received email in about 1-2 weeks time from application (REALLY FAST)
    - Arranged for phone interview/phone screen
    - Basic walk-through of resume
    - Tell me more about yourself
    - Why do you want to work in CA?
    - Where do you see yourself in 5 Years?
    - Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role?
    - Interviewer was friendly throughout

Interview Questions
    • - Phone interview was pretty easy and interviewer doing the phone interview/phone screen was really friendly   Answer Question