Cambridge Associates, LLC

Getting the Interview

132 candidate interviews

Research Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went in to meet with recruiter, manager, and director. All were good people and very professional. Moving from question to question. Everything is written down. Choose words carefully and think. In the end, a test is given with investment performance summaries and need to find one or two mistakes.

Interview Question – Very nice and professional recruiter. Allows you to engage with her via phone regarding your resume and experiences. She asks typical questions, as any phone interview really. However, some questions like "What are two of your weaknesses?" and "Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?"   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Three back to back interviews. I think they try to tire you out and make you mess up by giving different answers to similar questions. They had the most random questions that didn't pertain to the job and almost seemed convoluted on purpose. After seeing the process of the interviews I no longer had interest in the company.

Interview Question – What time would you come into work if you work day started at 8am?   Answer Question

Research Associate
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2011.

Interview Details – Went in and interviewed with several other applicants. There was a brief presentation of the company then three half hour 1:1 interviews. Typical interview questions: why do you want to work here, what are your work ethics, what do you look for in a boss, what are your career goals, tell me about a previous experience that relates to this role, what are your strengths/weaknesses. Some of the interviewers asked situational questions, many pertaining to organizational culture.
I thought it was a young, collegiate culture; one of the supervisors interviewing was quite arrogant, a pretty big turn off. The office was mainly cubicles with window offices on the side; section I was in was mainly empty. There was supposed to be a second round, but I never heard back for it; I moved on to another firm with a higher salary / better fit for me anyway. Pretty glad because the supervisor seemed rude.

Interview Question – do you really think you're qualified for this job?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Junior Associate, Manager Information Group Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back within a day that they wanted to do a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of very basic questions and suggested that I apply for a position that I wasn't actually applying to. Questions were not finance-based but more behavioral. I heard back within two days that they wanted me to come in for an open house.

The open house consisted of a presentation by the manager about the group and the company as a whole. I was there with another individual who was applying for the exact same job. After the presentation we broke up and each talked 1:1 with the manager of the group, the director of the department, and the associate director of the department. All were very intense but again did not ask finance questions. Mostly behavioral to see if I would be a good fit. I then heard back in about two days that they wanted me to come into the final interview.

The final interview was long, about 4 hours. I met again with the Director of the department as well as the manager of the group. All asked very intense questions but again mostly wanted to see if I would fit in there. I also met with the entire team and to talk about how they liked their job and why I wanted to work there. Also consisted of a brief writing sample that was really not very difficult.

Interview Questions

MBA Investment Consultant Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to Cambridge offices for a first round interview, where I was met by a Senior Consultant, who began by asking whether I had any last-minute questions. We promptly moved on to a written case study interview that focused on investments. The case included all necessary text and exhibits needed to complete the questions. The topics covered in this exercise were limited to those one would over in one's first year of business school. I had 20 minutes to work on the case alone, 20 minutes for discussion with the sane Senior Consultant/Interviewee, and the remainder of the hour was a one-on-one discussion focused on my resume.

Interview Question – Why do you want to go into investment management consulting and not investment management?   Answer Question

Summer Consulting Associate Internship Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with 2 consultants from the company. One of them was pretty quiet after introducing himself, while the other was the main person asking the questions. Started off with some basic interview questions you can expect, like what do you know about the company, why do you want to do financial consulting etc etc. Most of my questions were follow-up questions from my answers, so you have to be certain you know what you are talking about.

Interview Question – "What do you think are some of the financial models we use?"   View Answer

Junior Associate - Manager Information Group Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long, but nothing too difficult. Process consisted of initial phone interview, followed by a lengthy in-person interview with three different managers. If you pass the in-person interview, the next step is another long in-person interview with your would-be supervisor along with a written assessment.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via Campus recruitment. Interviewed on campus, didn't get an offer. Most of the questions were about teamwork and leadership

Interview Question – Who in your life do you want to model your career after?   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

Interview Details – went through 2 rounds of interviews. the first round was in a group of 8. 2 hours session. the first hour was spent introducing the company and the roles. the second hour was split into 2 parts, a 30min interview with one of the staff (could be a manager, HR, etc) and another 30min sharing sessions with the junior analyst ( casual sharing session of perspective in life etc).

the second interview was 3 hours. the first hour was a 1 hours sharing session by the MIG manager about the role. the second hour was broken down into three 30min interviews. with the hiring manager, 2 junior analyst and the director. the last 30min was sample email writing. basically they gave a situation where you had to send an business email out. (nothing difficult, just have to be coherent and clear and ensure your email has all the relevant details imo)

Interview Question – all the questions asked were non-technical, things like sharing stuff on your resume, or greatest strength greatest weakness. the interview process is very casual (although i believe they observe alot on your body language and spoken language and basically how you carry youself) and the idea for them is to get to know you better while you get to know them better.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – Two interviews. First with manager of department and second was with director and co-workers. Asked questions about my resume and technologies on it. Very modern offices and semi-formal dressed staff (business casual). One staff member asked tough questions, rest were general personality and fit questions.

Interview Question – Question about bit sizes in a packet.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Stronger fit at different company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC