Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Submitted my resume online and received a call within a day or two. The initial phone interview was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. I mostly spoke about time management, teamwork, time sensitivity of data and how these concepts related to my past work experience. I was invited to the open house interview, which like the first one was mostly resume and personality based questions. The interviews are very easy be comfortable and stress your high work ethic, your ability to work with teams and your commitment to finishing projects. Research MIG before you apply.

Private Equity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

I had my initial interview call with HR which as I understand from others on Glasssoor is standard protocol. I applied directly through CA's website and was contacted by HR a week later for the call.

Interview Questions
    • The bulk of the questions were around my resume and asking why I chose to join or leave a particular firm.

They also asked why I was interested to join CA and also where I saw myself down in a few years.

View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

Went in for a "superday" like they have at many different places in the financial world. Met with 6 or 7 people - most were very nice and asked arbitrary questions about my resume and background. I was asked to present my case interview and drilled with questions - some that I could answer and some that I was unable to. The point of this was to get me out of my comfort zone. Be prepared for this.

Interview Questions
    • Plenty of very specific questions regarding parts of my case study - some that I could not have known the answers to.   Answer Question

Junior Associate MIG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

Pleasantly surprised by the quickness and professionalism of HR. Submitted application over the weekend, contacted over the phone the following week. After phone screen, immediately invited for open house interview a week from the phone call.

In-person interview consisted of 30-40 min presentation with other candidates and a Q&A, followed by three 30-min interviews. Two interviews with HR, and one with an Assistant Manager. All three interviews mostly consisted of behavior questions, along with a peppering of What/When/How from your resume.

The posts here on Glassdoor, especially ones that include questions, are ridiculously accurate. No questions were asked of me that were not covered by the reviews, so kudos to all of you contributing. Just to reiterate, I was asked about directly, or variations of, the following questions: greatest weakness, why I chose my school/major, preferred working style, how to deal with seemingly boring/mundane tasks, definition of great client/customer service, etc.

Lots of young professionals - I was surprised not to see anyone who looks over 30 in the building. Generally, interviewers were very calm, not intimidating, and almost friendly but not quite there. All were very detached both in their presence and their attention to what I was saying. The interviews were very clinical - there was more priority on jotting down what I was saying rather then directly engaging with my answers. Not critically important, but the interviewers appeared somewhat disheveled, as if they sprinted up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I am not sure if this was random or speaks about the work-life balance; it did however make the group of candidates stand out sharply in comparison, but I am sure we felt more confident(we were all wearing suits).

From the questions that I asked the interviewers, I gathered that the guiding priority for filling this position is stability and continuity of the department- i.e. someone who will not try to jump ship for another department (back-office to front-office transitions = highly discouraged). This was brought up twice by different interviewers - take that as you will. The double whammy was that vertical growth is severely limited in this department - around to years before the end of the line. The icing on the cake is that this position offers little transferable hard skills - it is mostly data entry (from spreadsheets to database) into proprietary software (i.e. no one else uses it or cares about it), and making sure that it is correct.

Investment Performance Associate Interview

HR is very efficient.
    First interview is usually a phone call with the HR.
    Second interview consists of a company presentation and interview with one or more of the team members. Standard resume based questions. Honesty and consistency with answers is important.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

Advise pay attention and take notes during the presentation and memorize the mission statement. It will be asked in the interview. I would also suggest to take the morning interview time slot. If you take the afternoon one, you will begin the day with lunch. I feel that lunch is a best to finish the interview rather than beginning it.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2014.

I applied on their website, and they quickly scheduled a phone interview that same week. The phone call was short (~10 min) and was basic "take me through your resume" stuff. I was then invited in to their office with 2 other candidates. They first gave us a ~45 minute presentation on the company, the specific arm we were applying for (MIG), and the position to all 3 of us. Then we had three 30 min individual interviews with a rep from 3 of the 4 subgroups within MIG. It was all behavioral and resume based. They were all friendly enough, but they made sure I gave more in depth answers than I have typically had to. I did not get invited back for the second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral. Be prepared to talk about experience with teamwork, prioritizing work, time management, among a variety of different questions along those lines.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2014.

Few rounds of interview. Good that they had a company introduction at the start of the interviews. Case study was helpful in letting you have an idea of the real job you will be working on.

Investment Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

The first round interview was on campus, and the second round was onsite. There are several cases in the interviews: some of them are about investment concepts, others about client management. The onsite interview is something like a “super day”: you get to speak with several consultants and the HR. The interviewers were very friendly!

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Applied online. Received an email about 4 days later requesting a phone screen. Phone interview was very basic, just ran down my resume. Received an email the next day requesting an interview. It was a super day format where you go in, watch a presentation, and 3 30 minute interviews with managers. The rooms were supposed to be asking different questions, however, it seemed like they were all repeating questions. 2/3 rooms were very cold, with questions being rapid fired.

Interview Questions
    • They open the job up to all majors, but wanted a detailed explanation of exactly how they operated.   Answer Question