Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

HR called me for a phone screen. He was nice and phone questions where easy, but the whole process was rushed and there wasn't enough notice for the following in person interview. The in person interview day was long but everyone asked pretty normal interview questions. Some of the interviews were nicer than others, but no one was gruff or rude. HR said they would get back to me in a few days, but he never notified me of their decision, despite my attempt to reach out to him.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple enough straight forward phone interview. Moving on to in person interview in the next week or so. HR personel was friendly enough and very flexible with their schedule. Talked to the hiring manager a few days later again on the phone. Look at all the other questions posted on here, they are pretty dead on to what will be asked. Look forward to the next part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 2 to 4 years? Why Cambridge? Why this Position? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by 1 round with team members, another superday with a case and 2-3 interviews, then a final session of 2 interviews with other team leaders HR was very efficient in scheduling and reverting on progress; interviews sought to test interest and mainly competency-based. Very focused on your ability to work in a team Was good that the team gave 2 presentations to let candidates have a clear idea of the day to day responsibilities and the case illustrated a real work situation. Not sure what they are looking out for exactly as I thought I did pretty well but was not offered.

Interview Questions

• What would be difficult for you to work in a team as a team member   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a junior associate position and was contacted within the week for a phone interview. It lasted for about 20 minutes, and they followed up requesting an in person interview. Have not yet completed the super day, but it will consist of a presentation on MIG along with three interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important work related skill you acquired from your last internship?   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Fairfax, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was mostly a behavioral interview. i applied through the university's career site, so the interview took place on campus. the whole thing took about 30-45 mins. It was in person and with two interviewers. they took turns asking questions. they asked about work experience and how could my major translate into the work place. they said would contact me regardless if i got a second interview or not, but never did.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. However, the interview kept delay it over and again due to various reasons (i.e. urgent meeting, shorter week because of public holidays and etc.). However, she was fairly pleasant during the interview and did help clarify about thr job scope. Turned out it was very technical (emailing and etc.) while I was looking for a more analytical role so I declined to continue any further.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Durham, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Resume submission--on-campus interview, but I did not move to the next round. There were 2 interviewers and they were pretty nice and patient. They did not ask much related to finance but more behavioral questions.

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

Upon arriving to Super Day, the interviewees were briefed on Cambridge's structure and computer programs (about 45 mins). Then, we were separated into rooms and had 4 interviews back to back, followed by lunch. It was exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced at work and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done in about two weeks, which was great. Everyone I met was professional, friendly, and enthusiastic. I had several interviews, which were not easy, but I found the questions to be reasonable and relevant. Definitely sold me on the company and the position. I have learned so much in my first few weeks in the role, I am happy I decided on Cambridge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you went back to school?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board, selected for a campus interview. A week later I received an invitation for a super day. It consisted of 6 rounds, 2 of which were cases. Not very difficult. Really basic investing knowledge (risk, return, time horizons).

Interview Questions

• Case based on an endowment and strategically walking through how you would allocate these funds.   Answer Question