Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

Junior Operation Associate Interview - Phone Screening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2014.

Received a email notification from the Cambridge Associates' HR on Sunday midnight for phone screening interview on next day (Monday) afternoon. Was a very late notice with little information. They did not not gave you much details about the exact timing too. However I guess this is all about the screening process with "surprise element". The key is constantly check your email and be responsive.

Received phone call in the afternoon at 1pm and the phone screening last for about 15 minutes. The interview went well with very simple question. Why this firm? Why this industry?

On the phone call itself, they informed me to attend another physical interview on next day (tuesday). Was very surprise again however I accepted the invitation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are simple but you have to be ready throughout the day for their phone call.   Answer Question
    I will be going for 3rd stage interview

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

Went in for a "superday" like they have at many different places in the financial world. Met with 6 or 7 people - most were very nice and asked arbitrary questions about my resume and background. I was asked to present my case interview and drilled with questions - some that I could answer and some that I was unable to. The point of this was to get me out of my comfort zone. Be prepared for this.

Interview Questions
    • Plenty of very specific questions regarding parts of my case study - some that I could not have known the answers to.   Answer Question

Private Equity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

I had my initial interview call with HR which as I understand from others on Glasssoor is standard protocol. I applied directly through CA's website and was contacted by HR a week later for the call.

Interview Questions
    • The bulk of the questions were around my resume and asking why I chose to join or leave a particular firm.

They also asked why I was interested to join CA and also where I saw myself down in a few years.

View Answer

Administrative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2010.

NA - I was hired as a temp. I do not feel that these questions pertain to me as I worked here for a while as a temp and they decided to hire me on as a full time employee

Typical

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

They did on campus recruiting. Started with a mostly behavioral interview along with a small mini case study that you work through with the interviewer. Next, you are asked to apply through their website and then invited to their super day. This is a three to four hour process with two full case studies and four total interviews.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Campus recruitment --> Phone screening --> On-site Interview "Super Day" --> Offer

The on-site interview is basically just 3 back-to-back behavioral interviews, 1 case interview, and 1 lunch (basically another interview). It was a stressful 3 hours, but very rewarding as well. If you prepared for this interview very well, then I would say you are probably ready for many other interviews as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, and what did you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2014.

Applied through campus career website after attending an information session. Was invited for a first round interview at a neighboring school. The first round interview was with one current Investment Associate and was about 30 mins long. It was very casual and easy. Mostly talked about our alma mater and why I chose the school and my work experience (resume based stuff). Then 5 mins was a 'case study' which is basically a graph question and is extremely easy if you are comfortable with graphs. Afterwards I was invited for a second round interview at the Boston office. The super-day consisted of 4 30-45 minute interviews and then I was taken out to lunch by a current Investment Associate. The first interview was resume-based with a few scenarios, the second was an extensive investment consulting case study in which you have to give a 2 min presentation, the third was a role-playing case study and the fourth was more of a debriefing casual interview. Overall I enjoyed the process however it took 4 weeks for them to get back to me after the final round interview. I had two other offers and pushed for an answer at which time they told me I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is a sharpe ratio? How would you allocate X's funds in different types of investments...etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Had my primary interview on campus. The primary interview was mostly questions about my resume and generic questions such as "tell me about yourself", "your weaknesses/strengths", etc. Just as you would expect a typical interview to go. The interviewers were very nice and cordial and the interview itself was very fun for me.

I got through to the second round interview which was held at their VA office and was conducted by a senior software developer and another software developer. They asked more in depth questions about the languages I knew that were present on my resume. Asked about multi-threading, ruby, java, etc. Most of the questions were geared toward technical things. They asked a couple of questions about protected vs. static vs. private. All in all, the interview process was very relaxed but I couldn't get a read on their expressions. I didn't know how I was doing on the interview.

Overall, it was a great experience and had a lot of fun interviewing with Cambridge Associates for an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have difficult questions in the interview. If you truly know what you wrote on your resume and can speak about them, there should be no problem.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2015.

2 phone interviews - 1 by HR and 1 by 2 IAs, followed by a mini superday, which consisted of 2 more interviews with 4 other IAs, a case study, and a writing test.

Beyond this stage, I believe there'll be 1 other interview stage. Waiting for a reply.

The IAs who interviewed me were all very pleasant, and the interview process thus far has been very enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would you calculate risk?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2015.

I contacted an alumni from my school, top-tier liberal arts school, and was put into contact with a recruiter. I had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter, then was asked to go into the office and had two interviews with team members I would be working with to talk about my resume, experience etc. Was finally invited back for a final round with multiple MD's and had to complete a case assignment.