Cambridge Associates, LLC

Average Difficulty
149 candidate interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – I heard about the position from a staffing agency. It was a first round phone interview with two members of HR. Interview was basic, reviewed interview, and covered the position. Interviews were still being performed and follow-up will be in a few days time. No offer was extended as it was a first round phone interview.

Interview Question – Only a few questions were asked:

1. What is your long term goal? Say a 2-4 year timeframe?
2. What is the type of work environment in which you work best?
3. What is the salary you were making in your previous roles?
  Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – Phone interview and superday with behavioral interview that included a case.

Interview Question – How would you invest $20,000?
What would you do if you were given 5 hours to do a 10 hour project?
  View Answer

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email from the HR for a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer was very nice and basically got me to run through my resume i.e. Talk about internships and school activities. I was told that there will be a follow up for next steps.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Portfolio Report Analyst Interview

Portfolio Report Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

Interview Details – This is the firs round phone interview. The questions were all pretty straight forward. Asked why this position but not the other one. Why Singapore. Where do you see you in 5 years.

Interview Question – The questions asked were a little bit overlapped.   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Performance Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – Found out about the job from talking to a recruiter at a campus career fair. Submitted application online and completed phone screen a week later then traveled down to DC for super day (bonus: they reimburse you for travel). Day started with an informational presentation on the group followed by standard super day format of 4-5 consecutive interviews, most with the group's managers. Interview questions were somewhat repetitive. Everyone I met was in their 20s, so seemed like it'd be a fun environment to work in after college. Heard back from the recruiter that I didn't get the job within a week after the super day. Overall positive experience: the process moved quickly, recruiter was helpful, and everyone seemed to genuinely like working there.

Interview Question – Nothing too unusual   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Junior Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview - I answered questions as prompted, however I feel that what made my application weak was lack of a strong financial background and the fact that my call dropped three times mid-interview. Make sure you have good cell service!

Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Question – What do you think you can improve on the most?   Answer Question

Performance Reporting Junior Analyst Interview

Performance Reporting Junior Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – 1st round - Get to know you questions (e.g. strengthens and weaknesses, why cambridge?)
2nd round - Interview questions based on Case Study
The questions were 1) If you are given only 5 days to complete a report, how will you manage with a tight timeline?
2) Come up with questions to ask your team member.

Interview Question – Come up with questions to ask your team member. Must know the reporting process of the company to answer it.   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via Campus recruitment. Interviewed on campus, didn't get an offer. Most of the questions were about teamwork and leadership

Interview Question – Who in your life do you want to model your career after?   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

Interview Details – went through 2 rounds of interviews. the first round was in a group of 8. 2 hours session. the first hour was spent introducing the company and the roles. the second hour was split into 2 parts, a 30min interview with one of the staff (could be a manager, HR, etc) and another 30min sharing sessions with the junior analyst ( casual sharing session of perspective in life etc).

the second interview was 3 hours. the first hour was a 1 hours sharing session by the MIG manager about the role. the second hour was broken down into three 30min interviews. with the hiring manager, 2 junior analyst and the director. the last 30min was sample email writing. basically they gave a situation where you had to send an business email out. (nothing difficult, just have to be coherent and clear and ensure your email has all the relevant details imo)

Interview Question – all the questions asked were non-technical, things like sharing stuff on your resume, or greatest strength greatest weakness. the interview process is very casual (although i believe they observe alot on your body language and spoken language and basically how you carry youself) and the idea for them is to get to know you better while you get to know them better.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed in December 2013 and January 2014. I was contacted by the HR Department via email, and set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic and normal questions such as "Why Cambridge" and "Tell Me About yourself". I was asked for an onsite interview at the end of the conversation. The first onsite interview was meeting with three individuals within the PRG and a group presentation. they were very informative and asked multiple questions on the lines of "Why Cambridge?" and "Why are you a good fit for this position". Every interviewer was very knowledgeable, nice, and polite. Two weeks later, I was asked to come back for a second onsite interview. This interview was a walk through on what an average day at CA would look like. I also interviewed in a group panel with two managers of PRG, one current Investment Performance Analyst, and the head manager of the PRG. Again, all of whom were nice, cordial, and polite. I was asked many of the same questions. Finally I had to complete a case study and present it to the head manager. The case study is not difficult, but you need to be thorough. Overall it was a great experience, and everyone I met with was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Question – Previous situational questions: 'When have you been put in a situation such as..... and how did you deal with it?"   View Answer