Cambridge Associates, LLC

Engaged Employer

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

extensive process for the position, interviewed with 20 people over 3 separate days, one on one with managers and group interviews with peers. very behavioral and they want to make sure you dont leave the firm within a year. the overall experience was okay.

Interview Questions

• normal questions, why cambridge, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

HR called me for a phone screen. He was nice and phone questions where easy, but the whole process was rushed and there wasn't enough notice for the following in person interview. The in person interview day was long but everyone asked pretty normal interview questions. Some of the interviews were nicer than others, but no one was gruff or rude. HR said they would get back to me in a few days, but he never notified me of their decision, despite my attempt to reach out to him.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

5 rounds in total, phone interview(HR), associates interview, case study, MD interview, random round interview with other office and a small case study. The process is intense but gives a good exposure to the job. most colleges are very friendly and nice except one lady. The team is relatively small and they stick to the idea of a global organization, so it requires agreement from all offices for even one job placement. It is rather inflexible in such modern pace

MIG Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

I applied through my university for an on-campus interview. The interview contained only standard behavioral interview questions and questions about the company. Make sure that you prepare sufficiently about MIG--I didn't. The recruiter let me know through email later that week that I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself, what qualities do you wish/do not wish to see in an employer, tell me about a time when you... questions.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Initial phone screening with basic behavioral and resume questions, then invited to offices in Arlington for "interview day". Day started off with friendly lunch with employee (not an interviewer), then presentation of company and position. 4 interviews. Resume based interview about your past experiences. Case study written exercise about decision making when dealing with deadlines and clients. 2 interviews with 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• What are you all about? Tell me about this experience? Do you prefer structure or freedom?   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

The company was very nice for the majority of the process. The initial contact came over 3 months after I applied. There were two rounds, one phone interview and a "super day" that consisted of 4 interviews back-to-back. The people were very nice, the interview process was smooth. However, after speaking with the final interviewer (director), I was told I would find out fairly quickly what their decision was. After 5 weeks passed, I contacted HR to ask what the status was. They never responded. I applied for a position as basically a data entry associate, even though my education was in Finance and financial analysis. I applied for a position below what I was "qualified" for in the sense that what I was inputting into databases would be used by financial analysts. It's been over 6 weeks and I haven't received any information, very unprofessional HR.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair and then got a screen interview the next day. The first interview with HR was only 10-15 minutes. She was just asking about my past experience, expected salary and etc. Then I got into the next round and interviewed with two members of the Manager Information Group. They also gave me a presentation talking about their business and which role this group plays within the firm. The final round interview was more than 3 hours long. I first had an 1:1 interview with the new manager, then another interview with two team leaders and ended up doing a case study. The case study tested how you managed your time when doing a group project, how well you worked with a team member and how you communicated with the external parties. Please remember this position is a very repetitive role in the operations team so they are looking for people who tend to stick around and enjoy some predictability in the job. They asked a lot about how I saw this job would help me with my future career and where I saw myself in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions

• What would your responsibilities be as a Junior Investment Operations Associates? Which skills do you think an analyst would need to succeed in the role?   Answer Question

Global Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied after receiving employee referral as a rising college junior. HR requested a phone interview, primarily fit and behavioral questions. Was asked to return for a super day. Structured as three interviews with the department MDs between three final candidates. Again primarily behavioral questions, but each interview was very similar.

Process:
    Screening phone interview (20 minutes)
    Super day - Three 30 minute interviews

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board, selected for a campus interview. A week later I received an invitation for a super day. It consisted of 6 rounds, 2 of which were cases. Not very difficult. Really basic investing knowledge (risk, return, time horizons).

Interview Questions

• Case based on an endowment and strategically walking through how you would allocate these funds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done in about two weeks, which was great. Everyone I met was professional, friendly, and enthusiastic. I had several interviews, which were not easy, but I found the questions to be reasonable and relevant. Definitely sold me on the company and the position. I have learned so much in my first few weeks in the role, I am happy I decided on Cambridge.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you went back to school?   Answer Question