Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2013.

There were two interviews, the first is a basic 30 minute screen and then a second super-day interview which consisted of four 30 minute interviews. Overall the technical questions were relatively easy especially if you have a business/finance background.

One major critique, their HR recruiters for this role are pretty lost in the weeds and do not respond to emails or calls. They agreed to reimburse me $300 for travel expenses for the super day, it has been seven weeks and I still have not been paid back. I even Fedexed HR another copy of my expenses and they ignored it. Also, when I finally heard back from HR they told me that I was qualified and they would have made an offer but they had already extended all offers for the class and that they kept interviewing until all offers were extended. I am a bit annoyed that they wasted my time and especially because I did so much prep work all with no chance from the beginning. This is a company with a great reputation and I would have really liked to work there, however treating candidates in this way is unacceptable and unfair.

Interview Questions
    • Know about sharpe ratio, correlation and Standard Deviation. Also, there is a basic case study during the super day & a two minute presentation   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in June 2011.

Had an initial phone screening, then was brought in for first and second round interviews. All interviews consisted of going over background info. There were no tests, no chances to show what you can do, not even any brainteasers.

Almost everyone I talked to was well-prepared for the interview, friendly, easy going. Very nice office.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2010.

The interview went pretty smooth and fast, was like a 15-20 mins talk. basically background check and focus on previous experiences. No difficultl question asked yet, was invited to an 1:1 interview with the mgr and the interviewer said "more specific" question will be asked. It means more technical i guess :/ I wish the interviewer told me how many interview do i have to go before i get the offer :)

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2010.

Applied through listing on the school career center website and was contacted a few weeks later by email to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone interview was with a QA engineer with whom I walked through my resume. The interviewer also answered my questions about the company at the end of the interview. I was then contacted by email to schedule a final round interview by phone. During that final interview I was asked technical questions, what I knew about testing, and they also asked me some brainteaser questions. A few weeks later they called and emailed me with an offer. The interviewers were pretty friendly and brainstormed along with me while I was thinking about the solution to the brainteaser questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you already know about testing and QA?   View Answer

Got a better offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2010.

Had my first round of interviews with Cambridge Associates for their Consulting Associates position. It was mostly behavior questions like tell me about a time where you used teamwork. They also gave me a chart which was risk/reward chart based on different portfolio managers. They told me to describe it and talk about the Share Ratio. Besides that, it was a fairly straightforward interview, no tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Toughest class you have taken or why did you choose the school you attend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2010.

It was a laid back culture, everyone was really friendly and really young. Most of the employers were from Northeastern schools, NESCA and Ivies. Overall the interview was not hard at all and everyone was really nice.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in June 2011.

I was initially contacted by the recruiter who scheduled a 30 minute phone screening. I was asked basic background questions, resume, experience, why this company and position. After a phone interview that I thought went very well, I was invited to come to DC in a few days to attend an open house (I live 3 hours away via airplane). Knowing that this would be the only chance I have to land this position, I bought a plane ticket and flew down.

The "open house" was attended by five other applicants and consisted of an hour long presentation regarding the company and position. The presentation was followed by 3 rounds of 30 minute 1-1 interviews with different managers. This part was very unorganized, and most of the managers didn't seem to have much interviewing experience. There were many times when I felt that the manager was more nervous then I was. After the 1-1 interviews I was walked to the door and sent on my way.

Despite the lack of organization, the "open house" was very informative and gave me a great sense of where I'd be working, who I'd be working with and what exactly I'd be doing. Upon leaving, I felt that these were some of the best interviews I have had and that there was a fairly good chance I would make it to the next round, or at least get a rejection with some positive feedback.

Before I had even made it home, I recieved an automated rejection email from the recruiter. Being slightly surprised, I sent a follow-up email asking politely for some feedback from the interviews. It's been about 4 months and I still haven't heard back.

To summerize: Initial phone interview followed by a very informative and helpful "open house". Unprofessional way of rejecting candidates IMO but hey, at least they said something.

Interview Questions
    • Name three character traits you need to badly improve upon   View Answer
    • If you were me, what question would you ask you   View Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2011.

I was contacted by an employment agency who wanted me to interview for the position, and accepted. Next, the company contacted me within a few days for a phone interview, lasting only about ten minutes. They asked very basic questions and were short on answers to my questions. The following week, I went into the Arlington, VA branch for another interview/presentation, where another candidate was also interviewing. After, we were taken for two 1:1 interviews, where we were asked a range of questions--negative interview tactics were used, attempting to find and exploit inconsistencies in our answers.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Phone interview went very well. Met 3 different people for in person interviews. 2 of the 3 interviewers were absolutely terrible and extremely arrogant. Asked boring standard questions i.e. What is your biggest weakness?

Interview Questions

The company environment seemed arrogant and saw little to no room for growth.

Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

standard fit questions, mainly for the first round. also a mini case at the about asset management.

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary. why investment consulting, why CA, how does your background make you a good fit etc.   Answer Question