Cambridge Associates, LLC

Updated Aug 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a 1:1 that consisted of a fit section and quick graph analysis (if you can extract the important details from a graph you'll be fine). The second interview was held at the company site in Boston. There were 5 parts: two fit, two "cases" and a 1-on-1 lunch. The first fit was very standard -- you basically walk through your resume. The second part was just answering "why Cambridge Associates". The cases weren't your standard management consulting case; they were more tailored to the specific kind of work you would be doing as a CA.

Interview Question – Why Cambridge Associates?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within a few days by a recruiter and had an initial phone interview. Was brought in for the first round of interview (along with another candidate). The first interview was started with an information session about the company, followed by 3 thirty minute back to back interviews with three different people (Each of the 3 have a different mood from happy and easy going to quite serious). I was invited back for the second and final round of interviewing. This consisted of meeting with the head of the performance reporting group, and several other managers. There was also a scenario based test involved.

Interview Question – Name 3 of your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Research Associate - Capital Markets Interview

Research Associate - Capital Markets
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied directly through their website and received the standard HR reach out email about 4 weeks afterward. Pretty typical phone interview/screen to gauge interest and background. I was then scheduled to come into their office the following week for a set of interviews with the manager and director of the group. The in-person interview went down as a bit of a good cop bad cop scenario. The manager asked very pointed questions, the director more behavioral. EVERY response is written down. They were not quite reading off a script, per se, but they did have about 30+ questions to choose from. The job requires a fair amount of Excel use, and while I didn't have to sit at a computer to test my Excel knowledge they did ask me how to run certain functions just from memory. There was also a short editing test where they presented a few of the reports CA makes and my job was to highlight/correct any errors I found.

Interview Question – Can you tell me where the S&P 500 closed yesterday? What has its performance been for the past week? Past month? Past year? Same line of questioning for NASDAQ and NYSE.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn and was called the next day for a phone screening. After that I was signed up for an interview at their Arlington location. Had a series of three interviews lasting about a half hour each. They seemed more concerned about asking questions to contradict yourself than asking about skills. If I contradicted myself in the least bit, theyd tell me.

Interview Question – Weaknesses   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a lady in HR. She gave me the details for my interview, which entailed meeting with multiple groups within the CIB department. Over the course of 3 hours, I met with staff from Real Estate Gaming & Lodging, TMT, and FIG. Each group explained how the analyst role applied to their particular group, and asked me to walk them through my resume and tell them about my background. There were not many technical questions; mainly, the interview was a conversation for the most part. Therefore, having questions prepared for them drove the direction of the interview.

Interview Question – If a company purchases equipment during the year, what is the effect to the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement?   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details – 4 stages of interviewing process

Interview Question – Behavour related questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer at Goldman Sachs.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty standard. Case study for last part of final interview.

Interview Question – What are your three biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went through phone screening, then 2 rounds of interview. It was pretty straightforward. No brain-teasing questions. However, they did try to test my behavioral reaction in certain occasions.

Interview Question – It was so long ago. There really were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1. 30min phone interview to ascertain your interest in investment consulting and Cambridge Associates
2. In-office interviews comprising of a case study, and interviews with members of the consulting associate team
3. In-office interviews with other members of consulting associate team and investment consultant
4. In-office interviews with one or two investment consultants

Interview Question – How does the optimal number of managers differ for different types of asset classes and what does it depend on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details – First had an on campus interview at my university and then an on site interview with the firm. Whole process took about 2.5 weeks from the first interview to hearing back after the second round. The on site interview consisted of 2 30 min and 2 45 min interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, had to talk through a few cases, but that was about it.   Answer Question