Cambridge Associates, LLC

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

Data Specialist Interview

Phone HR conversation. Trip to DC for two half hour interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tons of grade yourself on a scale of 1-10, something you are not above 7 on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

1. Thirty minute phone interview with relatively basic questions about my background and desire to work with the company.
    2. Flew out for an interview that consisted of a 30 minute presentation and three separate 30 minute interviews. The first interviewer quizzed me on the history of the company and their clients, and he also me the names of the two women who gave me the presentation to throw me off a little. The rest of the interview was pretty standard, as he tried to gather info about my background and if I would be a good fit for the role. The remaining two interviews were much the same, and the process got easier and more comfortable with each passing round.
    3. I felt the interviews went well, and I was told that I would receive a decision on another round of interviews within one week. After nearly two weeks, I emailed the recruiter and she failed to answer a series of emails until nearly a month later. The reason she gave for me not advancing didn't seem very valid.

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

I applied via my University's career services. About a week later, CA reached out to me saying they'd like to interview me on Grounds. The first round interview is relatively short at 30 minutes and not very technical. They asked the typical behavioral questions such as why do you want to go into financial consulting, why CA specifically, and they asked a basic portfolio theory question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why CA. The why financial consulting was easy bc it's a job between i-banking and strategy consulting and provides a good balance, but I'm not even aware of competing financial consulting firms.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

There was a phone interview, followed by two rounds of in-office interviews. Lastly, a final phone interview with the director of the Investment Performance group. The process was slightly disorganized, but overall moved relatively quickly once it got started.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

I went through phone screening, then 2 rounds of interview. It was pretty straightforward. No brain-teasing questions. However, they did try to test my behavioral reaction in certain occasions.

Interview Questions
    • It was so long ago. There really were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Applied through LinkedIn and was called the next day for a phone screening. After that I was signed up for an interview at their Arlington location. Had a series of three interviews lasting about a half hour each. They seemed more concerned about asking questions to contradict yourself than asking about skills. If I contradicted myself in the least bit, theyd tell me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Didn't hear a thing from Cambridge Associates until about 4 months after I applied for an entry level position. I would think that they have a very high turnover for their entry level spots and hire in cycles. Once I did hear from them the interview process was quick, with an initial interview scheduled very soon after they reached out to me, and a second round interview just three days later.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2013.

Went in to meet with recruiter, manager, and director. All were good people and very professional. Moving from question to question. Everything is written down. Choose words carefully and think. In the end, a test is given with investment performance summaries and need to find one or two mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • Very nice and professional recruiter. Allows you to engage with her via phone regarding your resume and experiences. She asks typical questions, as any phone interview really. However, some questions like "What are two of your weaknesses?" and "Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?"   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I saw the job advertised online and applied on the company website. I was contacted several weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview itself was only about twenty minutes long. None of the questions were out of the ordinary. The individual I spoke with was very nice and seemed interested in everything I had to say.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I applied online, received a phone call to verify my resume, and then brought into the office for a presentation and in person interview. I. Met with one person alone and another team of 2 people. The only thing they care about is that you're going to work as hard as humanly possible for them. The interviewers were tough and definitely tried to throw you off. They ask you specific questions from the presentation trying to test you. They ultimately rubbed me the wrong way. Sometimes they seemed like they were mocking me and the day was a little disorganized.