Cambridge Associates, LLC

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details – They contacted me by phone and I had a thirty minute phone interview. Then I was invited to an open house with 3 other people. They gave an hour long presentation about the company and the position after which I had three 20 minutes interviews with various staff members. The staff members were very nice and the interview was not too hard.

Interview Question – How would you explain a spreadsheet to a 8 year old?   Answer Question

Junior Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR. Nothing difficult, 30 minutes or so.

Had interviews at the office after the first round. Most questions were behavioral questions and were quite similar. Found myself repeating my answers with different interviewers but I'm guessing they were trying to ensure consistency in the answers they were getting. Had a presentation about the company for a clearer understanding of the role and how the department fits into the company. Also had a writing sample- again, nothing difficult.

Interview Question – Is there anything I should be concerned about if we hire you?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in April 2012.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview, second round interview and then final round. In the initial phone interview, he called a half-hour earlier than schedule and asked a series of behavior questions. The second round was held at their Arlington location. They started with a presentation and then took me to be interviewed by 3 managers, each lasting 30 minutes. They asked a bunch of general behavioral questions, I found them to be very frat-like 20 something males. They were all very insincere and seemed to have no actual interest in me, but just wanted to get through the interview so they could get to the next candidate. One had a sheet full of the most ridiculous interview questions I've ever been asked and proceeded to ask the questions at me and just jot down my answers, he didn't even look up to make eye contact the entire time.

Interview Question – What animal would you identify as   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – 1st round touches on standard behavioral questions. 2nd round is an open house where they introduce the company and department, followed by 3 rounds of interview with 3 managers, lastly followed by a writing sample test.

Interview Question – Name 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to set up a phone screening the next day. The next round, which was one week later was with the hiring manager. This lasted about 30 min and we talked about my experience, education and how it would help the company.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to run him through a specific investment strategy for a personal client.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details – Did a phone screen which ran over the resume. Didn't hear back for two weeks and followed up to find out I hadn't been selected for another round.

Interview Question – What are your two biggest areas for improvement?   Answer Question

Junior Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details – A day after I submitted my resume, I received an email scheduling a phone screen. My phone screen was only about 10 minutes long--she asked me to describe my educational and professional background, why I would choose Cambridge Associates, and to describe my greatest professional weakness. I am scheduled to have a follow-up interview next week.

Interview Question – Please describe your greatest professional weakness.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2013.

Interview Details – Standard Phone Interview

Interview Question – Standard run me through your resume qns, strengths, motivations, what do you know about the firm etc.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

Interview Details – 1st Stage: You will be contacted by HR for a general phone screening. They tend to pick up pretty fast on resumes so you will probably get a call within a few days after submission.

2nd Stage: In-house interview. They refer to this as their "Open House." This consists of a 40 minute presentation on the company, followed by two interviews with two or three managers within the manager information group. This stage is nothing special; they are simply trying to see if you are competent enough to work at Cambridge.

3rd Stage: In-house interview. You will meet with the director of the MIG. This meeting will make or break your entire interview process. The interview will be pointed and probing, especially of your past work history. They are trying to cultivate a more permanent and proficient workforce that will remain with the company for years. They have already decided that you are competent enough for the job; your sole objective at this stage will be to convince the director that you will stay in the position for an extended amount of time, will be happy in the position, and are willing to advance through the ranks. Make sure you highlight your commitment to remaining within the MIG. Be able to explain any past separation from your previous work and your reasons for seeking a new position.

This is followed by another presentation on the company, the MIG, and the position more specifically. Afterwards, you will meet with two groups of two junior associates who presently have the position for which you are applying. This is a very casual step for you to get a feel for the position. Lastly, you will do a 30-minute writing exercise on MS Word. This consists of drafting an email to an investment manager using a set of instructions. It's nothing difficult.

At the end you will have a short wrap-up session. Here you will be made to address any concerns they may have as a final effort to convince them that you are fit for the position.

You will be contacted within a day or two with their decision. They have a pretty fast and professional turnaround on this.

Interview Questions

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an employment agency who wanted me to interview for the position, and accepted. Next, the company contacted me within a few days for a phone interview, lasting only about ten minutes. They asked very basic questions and were short on answers to my questions. The following week, I went into the Arlington, VA branch for another interview/presentation, where another candidate was also interviewing. After, we were taken for two 1:1 interviews, where we were asked a range of questions--negative interview tactics were used, attempting to find and exploit inconsistencies in our answers.

Interview Question – What are three personal weaknesses that you have?   Answer Question

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!