Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC
- Consulting Associate (35)
- Junior Associate (35)
- Investment Associate (16)
- Investment Performance Analyst (13)
- Research Associate (12)
- Investment Performance Junior Analyst (11)
- Junior Research Associate (9)
- Investment Performance Associate (8)
- Associate (7)
- Junior Investment Operations Associate (5)
- Summer Associate (3)
- Investment Operations Associate (3)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Investment Consultant (2)
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Research Analyst - Manager Information Group (2)
- MIG (2)
- Junior Operations Associate (2)
- Senior Investment Director (1)
- Junior Operation Associate Interview - Phone Screening (1)
- Junior Associate MIG (1)
- Private Equity Consultant (1)
- Manager Information Group Associate (1)
- Research Investment Associate (1)
- Investent Associate (1)
- Portfolio Report Analyst (1)
- Portfolio Reporting (1)
- Performance Reporting Junior Analyst (1)
Research Assistant Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Cambridge, MA) in February 2010.
Applied Online and was contacted very shortly for a phone screening. Mostly, briefed over my resume and was screened for the attributes relevant to the job description. Recruiter was very easy going and allowed questions about the company. Was asked about salary expectations but was able to turn around the question and got a range they were looking for. Then, i was invited over to the office as soon as i sent a thank you note rather than waiting for the whole week.
At the office i met with the recruiter in person and with the manager of the position. The recruiter already was familiar with my resume (studied it and from the screening). So asked more general-behavioral questions as to, what courses i liked? describe a situation where i had to respond negatively.
The manager was also very laid back. She set the expectations of the positions (admin) and then went on to discuss about current book and movies.
I sent a timely follow up to both but got no response. I sensed the rejection comming at that point. However, recruiter seemed kind enough to give feedback.
- Describe a situation where you had to respond in a negative way to a client Answer Question