Cambridge Associates, LLC
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC
- Consulting Associate (35)
- Junior Associate (30)
- Investment Performance Analyst (13)
- Research Associate (10)
- Investment Performance Junior Analyst (10)
- Junior Research Associate (8)
- Investment Performance Associate (7)
- Associate (6)
- Investment Associate (6)
- Summer Associate (3)
- Junior Investment Operations Associate (3)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Investment Consultant (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Research Analyst - Manager Information Group (2)
- MIG Analyst (1)
- Research Associate - Capital Markets (1)
- MIG (1)
- Portfolio Report Analyst (1)
- Portfolio Reporting (1)
- Performance Reporting Junior Analyst (1)
- Junior Operation Associate (1)
- QA Intern (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Credit Analyst (1)
- Data Specialist (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Junior Associate, Manager Information Group (1)
Research Assistant Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2010.
Applied Online and was contacted very shortly for a phone screening. Mostly, briefed over my resume and was screened for the attributes relevant to the job description. Recruiter was very easy going and allowed questions about the company. Was asked about salary expectations but was able to turn around the question and got a range they were looking for. Then, i was invited over to the office as soon as i sent a thank you note rather than waiting for the whole week.
At the office i met with the recruiter in person and with the manager of the position. The recruiter already was familiar with my resume (studied it and from the screening). So asked more general-behavioral questions as to, what courses i liked? describe a situation where i had to respond negatively.
The manager was also very laid back. She set the expectations of the positions (admin) and then went on to discuss about current book and movies.
I sent a timely follow up to both but got no response. I sensed the rejection comming at that point. However, recruiter seemed kind enough to give feedback.
- Describe a situation where you had to respond in a negative way to a client Answer Question