Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC
- Consulting Associate (35)
- Junior Associate (35)
- Investment Associate (16)
- Investment Performance Analyst (13)
- Research Associate (12)
- Investment Performance Junior Analyst (11)
- Junior Research Associate (9)
- Investment Performance Associate (8)
- Associate (7)
- Junior Investment Operations Associate (5)
- Summer Associate (3)
- Investment Operations Associate (3)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Investment Consultant (2)
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Research Analyst - Manager Information Group (2)
- MIG (2)
- Junior Operations Associate (2)
- Senior Investment Director (1)
- Junior Operation Associate Interview - Phone Screening (1)
- Junior Associate MIG (1)
- Private Equity Consultant (1)
- Manager Information Group Associate (1)
- Research Investment Associate (1)
- Investent Associate (1)
- Portfolio Report Analyst (1)
- Portfolio Reporting (1)
- Performance Reporting Junior Analyst (1)
Staff Accountant Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.
I received an email requesting a phone interview last week. Upon initiating the call it was OK but the recruiter kept prodding for a higher meaning behind my applying to the job. It was not rocket science after over four years in non-profit I wanted to go back to corporate. Given this was essentially an entry level job and I clearly have experience as my resume stated (10 yrs since I graduated from college) it was odd to feel like I was being asked questions that do not apply to me. Very spastic recruiter but nice lady. The next day I got an email saying my background does not match their needs for the role. Did you not have my background prior to calling me?
- Unoriginal questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What did you connect with in the job descriptions? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC
Staff Accountant InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA) in October 2013.
I applied online through their careers website and got an email asking for a phone interview about 2 weeks later. I was scheduled to interview with a Senior Recruiter but she was going to be out the week I was suppose to interview, so she sent the Assistant Director of Recruiting to do the interview.
The interview was literally less than 10 minutes and the woman didn't seem at all interested in getting to know me. She seemed like she wasn't prepared with enough questions. She literally asked me about 2 of the jobs on my resume and if I was able to work without sponsorship. No behavioral questions at all. She asked me how I found the position and that was probably the hardest question she asked me... She didn't describe the position to me or give an introduction about the company. At the end, she asked me if I had any questions for her and I was so confused because it seemed like such a short interview that I only asked her 2 questions, thinking that she would go into further detail about the position and ask me more questions.
I thought that such an established firm would have a more organized interviewing system. This woman didn't seem to prepare to ask me anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't call me back.
- Nothing. She didn't really ask me anything. Answer Question