Cambridge Health Alliance

Updated Aug 12, 2014
Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.5

IT Analyst Interview

Interviews tend to be the group model. No real structure to them as far as an official format. Other than a few standard interview questions, the interviews specifically in the IT department tend to be more relaxed and informal. Focus on work experience/knowledge base as well as how a personality will fit in with this dynamic group hold equal weight.

Interview Questions
    • Do you work best as part of a group or would you rather work alone?   Answer Question
    Hiring can take a bit of time once it hits the HR phase.

Pediatric Staff Neuropsychologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Medford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cambridge Health Alliance in September 2010.

Interviewed 2-3 times. First with sr. neuropsychologist in this particular building. Wasn't even aware I was interviewing. I was just attending a seminar she ran - I hadn't even been looking for a job. One day she told me that her supervisor wanted to speak with me. I figured that perhaps the company didn't want outsiders participating in in-house activities. He and I spoke very easily and casually about a shared mid-West connection, what I liked to do with the children we saw, and other basic schools of thought in terms of neuropsychological theory. I remember being absolutely stunned when he told me they were hiring and would I like to be on their staff.

I didn't negotiate at all. The FTE they offered was already $30K above what I had been making. I didn't see a reason to ask for more.

Research Coordinator Interview

The hiring process took three months. HR is very very slow. Interviewed over webcam, then went in to tour the lab. I also had to get a physical and drug test.

Director Interview

Mine was an internal hire. My boss offered me the position without a process but I asked him to "put it through the process" because I needed my team to feel they got the person they wanted. While it seemed like a pretty straightforward request, it then took him NINE MONTHS to make it happen, meanwhile I was doing 2 jobs for the entire time.

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerville, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Health Alliance in September 2009.

I got the interview at the last minute in 2008 after several other applicants had been interviewed. Once accepted it took about a month for all paperwork etc to clear. It was time-consuming and a little frustrating.

Interview Questions
    It was nerve-wrecking because I didn't feel confident in my ability to negotiate well. But I ultimately did fine.

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Health Alliance in June 2011.

It is a quick process interview. You just have to prove that you have experience in the field.

Per Diem Occupational Medicine Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerville, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Health Alliance in September 2011.

Employer put out information for a part-time occupational medicine physician and request a CV. on the occupational and environmental medicine listserve. I responded with an attached CV and they arranged an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. I was going to accept whatever the offer was.

Behavioral Health Position Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cambridge Health Alliance.

Interviews with both individuals and several groups in various depts, some of whom seemed less interested in or even at times confused about what the position entailed. After a lengthy process, it was disappointing not to hear anything back after a second set of interviews. I only discovered the position was open when I saw it posted online again.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly straightforward, however, as noted above, some people demonstrated little understanding of the position being hired, and even were a bit puzzled about what the position would accomplish.   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Health Alliance in May 2007.

I sent an application online, after almost one month they called me and interviewed me by phone. After that they called me for a 1:1 interview.After 2 weeks they called me again to make a job offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cambridge Health Alliance? Contribute to the Community!