Cambridge Innovation Center Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

3.2

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was with an HR woman and an IT guy. It took less the a half hour. There were a few questions about my experience and background. Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? After the interview, they have you take an assessment.

Interview Questions

• Question on how I told customers "no" when a request was made.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center (Cambridge, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had the first round with an online interview website that was really quite awkward. The questions they ask are pretty straightforward but each interview only gives you about 2 minutes to answer cutting your response short as a result. I don't know how people ace these types of web-based interviews but it was quite an odd experience for me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after I submitted my resume and cover letter to come in for an interview with 2 people. The interview was mostly them asking me about my resume and understanding the time gaps and job changes. Then they told me about the position and asked me if I had any questions. It was very short and then they had me take the critical assessment test (Watson-Glaser) which was not too difficult. They contacted me after the weekend and said they are not going through with me to the next round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in September 2014.

Interview

11 days after I submitted my resume, I received an email and information linking me to "Take the Interview". The interview was short and very awkward! You have 30 seconds to prepare your answer after seeing the question, and then various times (60-90 sec) to respond (the questions listed in a previous review were spot-on). I felt my interview was terrible, so I was happily surprised to read their email 7 days later inviting me in for a group interview and assessment test. I practiced some online critical-thinking tests and prepared by researching the company, etc, as you do. I met with three staff members, who were all very friendly and put me at ease. We talked for about 45 minutes before they left the room so I could take the short version of the Watson-Glaser test (I brought my own laptop though they offered me one as well). The test took about 20 minutes. The next day they emailed to say they were pursuing other candidates instead, and I saw where they had reposted the position on Craigslist several times since I first applied, including the day before my face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenging teamwork experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later received an email requesting an initial online interview. As previous reviews stated, CIC uses a company called Take The Interview for the initial screening process. the site connects to your webcam and there are about four questions written on the screen. You have 30 seconds to prepare for each question and you have to respond via webcam. No opportunity to review or edit your responses. It's incredibly awkward. Questions asked (paraphrased): 1. In your own words what is the CIC. 2. What do you think this position is? 3. Why do you want to work at the CIC 4. Describe one thing about yourself that is not on your resume.

About 2 days later I received an email asking if i could come in for an initial, in person interview followed by a Watson Glaser critical thinking test. The interview itself was only 20-25 minutes long with two people, and honestly it was weird. The questions were personal in nature and not standard interview questions. I was asked, again, what I thought the position was, if I had questions about the CIC, and the position, and to talk about myself in general, and where I saw myself professionally and personally in five years. There were absolutely no questions like "tell me about a challenging experience at work and how you overcame it", "what is your greatest strength/weakness", "what skills can you bring from your former positions" etc. I don't really know what they learned about me in that short of an interview.

The test takes an hour and you are directed to a quiet area to take it. i recommend Googling Watson Glaser to get an idea of the types of questions asked - If you've been out of school for a bit it can be intimidating to have to take a test in an initial interview.

Everything I learned about the CIC, the position, and the interview process was because I asked during the interview - nothing was freely volunteered to me. Their website is vague and it's hard to really understand what the CIC is and what the position entails unless you work there, have a tour, or ask a lot of questions.

I'm not sure anyone has actually made it past the first stage in-person interview, but if you do they ask you in for a full day job shadow. If that goes well then you go in for a 3rd interview with some executives. And then you may or may not get a job offer.

I was notified 2 days later that they were passing on me. The CIC is very prompt with their responses, i'll give them that. But I honestly have no idea what they are looking for in an employee and their interview process is just odd.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online through Craiglist. The next day I received an email asking me to do the online interview. After that, I was asked to come in for an initial in person interview. I met with two managers who were very nice. They seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. After the interview, I took a critical thinking assessment on a computer in the office. It isn't very long or difficult. The day after the interview, they asked me to come in for a visit day. On the visit day, I shadowed many teams for about 7 hours. It was very casual and I think it was more about determining if it was the right "fit." Apparently for me it wasn't, because I didn't get the job. They do pay you ($15/hr) for the time you are there for the visit day, which was unexpected.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center.

Interview

The first part was a video screening which was new for me, but seems fitting as other posters have noted. I was contacted for an in-person interview 3-4 days later.

The interview was a bit off-putting. I met with two women, one in the position currently and an HR person. I noticed I was probably a few years older than both of them. Apparently the woman from HR noticed too because her first question was to ask what year I graduated college, despite it being stated on my resume.

The woman from HR then told me the position was not to be the executive assistant, as I had been informed until that point, and as was stated in the job description, but to assist the current assistant. The HR person rushed through questions and did not seem very interested in anything I had to say. She would have pushed me out of the door in 20 minutes had it not been for the other woman who continued asking me questions. The rest of our conversation lasted another 25-30 minutes.

I was then asked to take the Watson-Glasner critical thinking test on my laptop. I was pretty excited for this portion of the interview because I have been studying for the LSAT and I knew the questions would be a lot like those for which I have been preparing. I am a natural critical thinker, and have scored in the top rankings on these kinds of tests in the past.

I was seated in a public hallway and left to work. The whole time I took the test people were walking back and forth around me. Nearby conversations echoed down the corridor, and from the open door of a communal office across the hall. These distractions made it difficult to focus especially on reading the very complex and detailed instructions for the sections of the test. When I got home, I checked online and Watson-Glasner tests are supposed to be administered just like any other standardized test, in quiet places, free from overt distraction.

I was informed today I did not get the job. I was disappointed, but happy they were so prompt in replying to me. It was refreshing not to have to deal with the anxiety of not knowing. I asked HR if they would please provide me some feedback to assist in my continued job search and have not, as of yet, gotten a response.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center (Cambridge, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially spoke to recruiter. Invited in for a two on one meeting. Meeting was interactive and professional. Interview followed up with 1 hour test on critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Questions were extremely behavioral in nature. Read from a list of behavioral questions. Critical thinking test reminded me of the SATs.   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center (Cambridge, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied at CIC in December 2012 and took a video screening through the link I was sent. I'm not a fan of the process since you are given 60 seconds to answer a question looking into your camera describing whether why CIC or describe something about yourself not on your resume. I did not hear anything back after this process until I saw the same posting come up a few months after. It turned out that the recruiter for the job was no longer with the company so I had to start all over again. I had a phone interview and was called for a face to face interview later. The annoying thing was the HR person for the position was so unprofessional. As a matter of fact, when I showed up for the in person interview, the hiring manager insisted that I did not have an appointment. (what a start to an interview) I showed the email confirmation. I was only irritated to find out that the person scheduling the interview copied me on her email to the hiring manager by mistake and claimed that she had actually called me to say that she does not have a set date yet and she would call me to schedule an interview. (Yes I was daydreaming and just out of the blue, I felt like taking the time off from work, dressing up and going for an interview. right...) The interview did not go well. We just did not have that chemistry with the two managers whom I interviewed with. I knew they were going not going to proceed with me but still made me take the test at the end. I used their computers and when they said it should be an hour test, I thought I could be done in a half hour or so since I'm a quick thinker. Turns out it really is a test that will require the full hour. Total crap. Worst two hours I had spent my entire career.
    Advice to management, make sure your HR people have the proper education and courtesy. Please stop hiring liars whom make the decision on people's careers...

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a furious customer in a financial setting?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was pre-interviewed using an 'online' utility that interfaces with a webcam on your computer. The software application asks questions online, and then video records your response. You have only one chance at the question (of course), and the webcam allows only a short time to answer.

Interview Questions

• I believe the experience of being interviewed using a software application and webcam is 'less' than warming. The final question of the webcam interview asked me how I felt about the 'webcam interview.'   1 Answer