Cambridge Innovation Center

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 2 weeks later received an email requesting an initial online interview. As previous reviews stated, CIC uses a company called Take The Interview for the initial screening process. the site connects to your webcam and there are about four questions written on the screen. You have 30 seconds to prepare for each question and you have to respond via webcam. No opportunity to review or edit your responses. It's incredibly awkward. Questions asked (paraphrased): 1. In your own words what is the CIC. 2. What do you think this position is? 3. Why do you want to work at the CIC 4. Describe one thing about yourself that is not on your resume.

About 2 days later I received an email asking if i could come in for an initial, in person interview followed by a Watson Glaser critical thinking test. The interview itself was only 20-25 minutes long with two people, and honestly it was weird. The questions were personal in nature and not standard interview questions. I was asked, again, what I thought the position was, if I had questions about the CIC, and the position, and to talk about myself in general, and where I saw myself professionally and personally in five years. There were absolutely no questions like "tell me about a challenging experience at work and how you overcame it", "what is your greatest strength/weakness", "what skills can you bring from your former positions" etc. I don't really know what they learned about me in that short of an interview.

The test takes an hour and you are directed to a quiet area to take it. i recommend Googling Watson Glaser to get an idea of the types of questions asked - If you've been out of school for a bit it can be intimidating to have to take a test in an initial interview.

Everything I learned about the CIC, the position, and the interview process was because I asked during the interview - nothing was freely volunteered to me. Their website is vague and it's hard to really understand what the CIC is and what the position entails unless you work there, have a tour, or ask a lot of questions.

I'm not sure anyone has actually made it past the first stage in-person interview, but if you do they ask you in for a full day job shadow. If that goes well then you go in for a 3rd interview with some executives. And then you may or may not get a job offer.

I was notified 2 days later that they were passing on me. The CIC is very prompt with their responses, i'll give them that. But I honestly have no idea what they are looking for in an employee and their interview process is just odd.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself personally in five years.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center.

Interview Details – The first part was a video screening which was new for me, but seems fitting as other posters have noted. I was contacted for an in-person interview 3-4 days later.

The interview was a bit off-putting. I met with two women, one in the position currently and an HR person. I noticed I was probably a few years older than both of them. Apparently the woman from HR noticed too because her first question was to ask what year I graduated college, despite it being stated on my resume.

The woman from HR then told me the position was not to be the executive assistant, as I had been informed until that point, and as was stated in the job description, but to assist the current assistant. The HR person rushed through questions and did not seem very interested in anything I had to say. She would have pushed me out of the door in 20 minutes had it not been for the other woman who continued asking me questions. The rest of our conversation lasted another 25-30 minutes.

I was then asked to take the Watson-Glasner critical thinking test on my laptop. I was pretty excited for this portion of the interview because I have been studying for the LSAT and I knew the questions would be a lot like those for which I have been preparing. I am a natural critical thinker, and have scored in the top rankings on these kinds of tests in the past.

I was seated in a public hallway and left to work. The whole time I took the test people were walking back and forth around me. Nearby conversations echoed down the corridor, and from the open door of a communal office across the hall. These distractions made it difficult to focus especially on reading the very complex and detailed instructions for the sections of the test. When I got home, I checked online and Watson-Glasner tests are supposed to be administered just like any other standardized test, in quiet places, free from overt distraction.

I was informed today I did not get the job. I was disappointed, but happy they were so prompt in replying to me. It was refreshing not to have to deal with the anxiety of not knowing. I asked HR if they would please provide me some feedback to assist in my continued job search and have not, as of yet, gotten a response.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Finance Associate Interview

Finance Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied at CIC in December 2012 and took a video screening through the link I was sent. I'm not a fan of the process since you are given 60 seconds to answer a question looking into your camera describing whether why CIC or describe something about yourself not on your resume. I did not hear anything back after this process until I saw the same posting come up a few months after. It turned out that the recruiter for the job was no longer with the company so I had to start all over again. I had a phone interview and was called for a face to face interview later. The annoying thing was the HR person for the position was so unprofessional. As a matter of fact, when I showed up for the in person interview, the hiring manager insisted that I did not have an appointment. (what a start to an interview) I showed the email confirmation. I was only irritated to find out that the person scheduling the interview copied me on her email to the hiring manager by mistake and claimed that she had actually called me to say that she does not have a set date yet and she would call me to schedule an interview. (Yes I was daydreaming and just out of the blue, I felt like taking the time off from work, dressing up and going for an interview. right...) The interview did not go well. We just did not have that chemistry with the two managers whom I interviewed with. I knew they were going not going to proceed with me but still made me take the test at the end. I used their computers and when they said it should be an hour test, I thought I could be done in a half hour or so since I'm a quick thinker. Turns out it really is a test that will require the full hour. Total crap. Worst two hours I had spent my entire career.
Advice to management, make sure your HR people have the proper education and courtesy. Please stop hiring liars whom make the decision on people's careers...

Interview Question – How did you deal with a furious customer in a financial setting?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Services Interview

Client Services
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initially spoke to recruiter. Invited in for a two on one meeting. Meeting was interactive and professional. Interview followed up with 1 hour test on critical thinking.

Interview Question – Questions were extremely behavioral in nature. Read from a list of behavioral questions. Critical thinking test reminded me of the SATs.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was pre-interviewed using an 'online' utility that interfaces with a webcam on your computer. The software application asks questions online, and then video records your response. You have only one chance at the question (of course), and the webcam allows only a short time to answer.

Interview Question – I believe the experience of being interviewed using a software application and webcam is 'less' than warming. The final question of the webcam interview asked me how I felt about the 'webcam interview.'   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in April 2012.

Interview Details – Email initial contact to set up Skype interview. 20 minute Skype interview led to in person interview the following week. Instructions were very clear on procedure to wait and take IQ/Critical Thinking Test after in person interview. In person interview lasted approximately 1 hour, with another hour reserved for IQ/Critical Thinking Test.

Interview Question – In your own words, what is it that CIC does?   View Answer

Hiring Training Manager Interview

Hiring Training Manager
Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in June 2012.

Interview Details – After applying for the position I was contacted by a recruiter right away requesting that I initiate the interview process. Instead of a phone screen I was provided a link for a web base initial interview. The questions were standard, but whole process seemed slightly impersonal. I can see that they are trying to live up to the 'innovation' in their name but a phone screen is a pretty standard process. Either way, I was emailed the following day saying the managers would like to meet in person. Great news I thought, and then I was informed that I would need to bring my lap top and take a critical thinking test after the interview. Again I am assuming this is in the interest of being innovative, though a standardized test is the last thing that comes to mind when I think innovation. Once in the interview the questions were either very personal, geared towards my personal history and past, or about the job but asked in a very ambiguous way. I have been wracking my brain over it for the past few days and can honestly say I still don't 100% understand the question that I was asked...and critical thinking test aside I'm no dummy. After it's all said and done I think the business and idea is great, but they still have some kinks to work out.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center.

Interview Details – Applied online. The next week, I received a request to take a recorded interview, which was pretty awkward. Next brought in to in-person interview followed by critical thinking test. Test took quite a while - definitely high level critical thinking.

Interview Question – Very basic, standard questions - tell us about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, unpleasant customer situation, previous company culture.   Answer Question

Client Services Specialist Interview

Client Services Specialist

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Innovation Center in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of a several rounds: first was an initial email exchange from a hiring associate to set up a phone interview within a week, next was an in person interview the following week with a Manager and another employee. Seemed like a really great, fun atmosphere, and there was great energy in the offices. Didn't follow up with the interview, and no call received.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cambridge Innovation Center? Contribute to the Community!