Camden Property Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.3

Lease Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Camden Property.

Interview

First interview is with community manager that takes about an hour max. If you get a second interview call back you will interview with the district manager. Next, you will get a call with an offer from the community manager. After your drug test clears you will start within that next week. They do a great job placing you at the right property. I enjoyed my time with this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take initiative and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Camden Property (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, within four hours received a phone call from property manager. We scheduled an interview for three days later. The interview was really great and I met the other people working on the property. At the end I was told I would hear something in four days. Two days later, I received a phone call from the property manager asking me to come in for an interview with her and the district manager 3 days later. I went to the interview and met with the property manager and district manager. At the end of the interview I was told it was down to me and one other person and I would receive a phone call in two hours. Two hours later I was offered the job!

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Camden Property (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

there was a lot of question about my skills being ask, then the interviewer start telling of her problems with current supervisor. she explain about her current positon she needed help in the office.
    And then she said she would call me sometime this week, she had others to interview as well as.
    She did call saying that they were heading in a different direction, she would keep my paper on file, and I did gey another call from the new propert manager to meet again.

District Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Camden Property (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred to this posting from the manager of a community where I originally applied. I was called almost immediately to schedule my first interview where I met with two deduction maker's. While they were interviewing me, I felt they were very serious in their positions but truly wanted the best fit for both myself the candidate and the company. From there, I met with the person who was originally in that position but relocating, and finally on to the vice president of the region.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not so much negotiating, just my schedule of upcoming events were considered with the understanding that I need time off quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Camden Property (Irving, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I initially applied for a few properties but hadn't heard back. It wasn't until my recent application on 1/26 that I got a callback on 1/27 from the manager wanting to setup a 1:1 interview. I setup interview later that week which asked me some guided light questions. I was told I did good on my assessment as well. I also had a mini interview from the asst manager as I waited to begin my interview for the manager. The mini interview felt more like a conversation which was a plus as it allowed me to get a feel for the vibes at the property as well as some pre-questions.

3 days after my 1st interview I was offered a 2nd Interview with the Regional District Manager.

It was my first time ever in my career that I had to do a 2nd interview. It went really great! I was told that i would find out next week if I got the job. I ended up finding out a day later after the 2nd interview that I was being offered the position.
    I'm super excited!!!!

Tips; Come prepared. Do your Research and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths & weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Behavior based questions- describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or didn't agree with your manager etc.   Answer Question
    • what are your career goals   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at much as I'm entry-level into the industry. However due to the community I'll be working for has smaller office staff...I'll be primary leasing consultant which is a huge plus.

Anonymous Employee in Lansdowne, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Camden Property (Lansdowne, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

They called and asked to set up an interview. Day of interview I got there about 10 minutes early and another leasing consultant showed me around the center. The interview was about 30 minutes, she wanted to make sure she found someone that would fit in with her current staff. Was told they don't keep you hanging about if they are interested or not.

Interview Questions

• what's your current position? She went over the assessment results and asked if "I was"(based on results from the test, i.e. Demanding) and if I could handle demanding customers. Asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question
    • The leasing consultants start between $14-15, would that be something that works for me?   Answer Question

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Camden Property (Tempe, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

It was awesome, but very situational and personaity based. The interview process took about 5-6 weeks and consisted of 4 interviews, all the way up to the Senior vice president via video conference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went out of the way for your customer   Answer Question

Leasing Position Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Camden Property.

Interview

Applied through craigslist ad and I faxed my resume. I got a call a week later to come interview at one of the properties. I wasn't ask any difficult questions just about my last job position. I did most of the talking. I was hired in the first 10 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job was one of the two questions the asked.   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Camden Property in November 2013.

Interview

Process was very quick and easy. Met with property manager and was asked job related questions. Job expectations were clear and was sold right away. I was called the next day and accepted the job.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Camden Property.

Interview

There is an interview guide that is used. Very typical questions. Each hiring manager has their own style and additional questions that they ask. Typically a phone interview, followed by an in person interview, and possible 2nd interview. Must do well on assessment during application to be considered.

Interview Questions

• None really. Basic sales and past employment questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Each position is budgeted for and typically only negotiations for current employees for lower level jobs