Camden Property

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Camden Property in August 2010.

Interview Details – Simple interview. They ask about sales and customer service experience. A drug test is required.

Negotiation Details – The salary is non negotiable plus commission on the apartments you lease.

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Camden Property.

Interview Details – There is an interview guide that is used. Very typical questions. Each hiring manager has their own style and additional questions that they ask. Typically a phone interview, followed by an in person interview, and possible 2nd interview. Must do well on assessment during application to be considered.

Interview Question – None really. Basic sales and past employment questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Each position is budgeted for and typically only negotiations for current employees for lower level jobs

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Camden Property in June 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice, alot of repetetive questions.

Interview Question – What motivates you the most.   View Answer

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Assistant Community Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Camden Property in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was set up to do a teleconference with a senior executive, which I did. The phone conversation was very thorough, where he gave me a very broad and sometimes detailed overview of the company and what position I would potentially be offered. He shed light on the experience from beginning to end and how he got to where he is now. I asked a few questions he did not cover, and overall I had a good understanding of the culture, business model, and practices of the company from this 82 minute phone conversation. A few weeks later, I had an offer to speak with the Chief Operating Officer (#3 in the entire organization) which I took, and he discussed a few things about our shared military service and a little more of the way one moves up through the ranks at Camden.

Interview Question – All questions were straightforward, and there was an emphasis that it was a phone conversation, not an interview. Perhaps this was to relieve some possible stress on this side of the phone line. In any case it got me to the next level, and while talking with the COO, he mentioned he'd like to meet me and also get me out to the home office (Houston, TX) to see how things are run there. Perhaps I will get a call back and offer to do this in the coming weeks or months. I remain hopeful.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Camden Property.

Interview Details – Apply on line, take a test interview with 3 or more people. Shop the community and surrounding competition. The interviews can be as long as 2 hours or as short as 30 minutes.

Interview Question – All of them are hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You just have to be clear and firm.

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Camden Property.

Interview Details – Typically you will find the job online at camdenliving.com, search the open positions and apply there. You will go through a candidate screening questionnaire. If management likes your experience you will be called for an interview. Be ready for 3+ interviews before an offer is given. A criminal background and drug test is given before the final offer and start date is given.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness. Being honest here is OK as everybody has one.   View Answer

General Occupation Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Camden Property in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very professional. The management team were inquisitive and much to the point. They not only were looking for experience, but also look for personality traits that fit with the Camden culture of Living excellence & intergrity. They provided a very comfortable enviroment to conduct the interview. I was very impressed with the way everything played out.

Interview Questions

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Camden Property in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was very easy. It overall was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Marketing Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Camden Property in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager. Responded to my inquiry and was very pleasant. They were looking for specific technical qualifications that I did not have.

Interview Question – Why do you want to enter the multifamily industry?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Camden Property.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. They asked me about my work experience and what I could bring to the company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Camden Property? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Camden Property interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Camden Property employees and interview candidates.