Cameron Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Sep 3, 2014

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cameron in July 2014.

Interview was not your traditional interview that one is generally prepared to have. Upon arriving I met with the HR person who was nice and gave me a good overview of the job. The interview was with the Operations Mgr and a Procurement Mgr. Which didn't say much at all. The interview begin awkward with questions that would have been better suited for an individual who has already been working at Cameron. I got the feeling the Ops Mgr was already leaning in another direction and was going to make the interview as difficult as possible. The line of questioning was ambiguous for the most part. When he finally did ask a couple of easy questions it kind of made me over think the questions due to the other ambiguous questions

Interview Questions
    • All bosses are away and there is a customer wanting a rectangle cut and what you have is a sphere to work with what do you do   Answer Question
    • What are some of the drivers of demand   Answer Question
    • What factors would you look at to predict the future economic order quantity   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cameron.

Very quick and painless, i was well prepared and they stuck with requirements for the position,i enjoyed the process and it is clear that they are a solid company who focuses' on safety First

a simple discussion

GRDP Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cameron.

Cameron recruits from my school and got my first round through a career fair. Great interview experience, I really like the guys over at Cameron. There are a lot of qualified applicants!

1st Round: My interview was a 2 on 1 style situation that was initially intimidating since it was one VP and one current GRDP. Very informal behavioral, no hardball questions. Seems like this round is purely a culture fit.

2nd Round: Got the email a few weeks later and connected with a travel agency that works with the company to fly us out to Houston. Had to give a presentation about myself which was very interesting. My advice: don't make a presentation about past achievements They want to know who you are as a person. That's more important.

Interview Questions
    • Relating the relevance of my current job to what will be expected of me as a GRDP was pretty difficult.   View Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in November 2013.

Called for an onsite interview. Just basic current job related and behavioral questions

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

First Round: 1-30 minutes campus Interview
    Second Round: 3 - 30 minutes interviews and 1 presentation about yourself

(the difficulty of the interviews depends on who you get -- the questions were based around their core beliefs as a company -- they asked a lot of behavioral questions so make sure you have good examples for leadership, difficult time, conflict, initiative, problem solving, etc)

The presentation was in front of a group of other candidates and some employees. Employees asked questions after each person's presentation. Some people were asked about Cameron's products. One person was asked if they would choose Cameron or Shell and why? I was asked about my previous boss. One intern from the previous summer was asked to say one negative thing about their boss (who was sitting there).

Overall, everyone was very nice to talk to. Just be yourself and get to know the company well. If you are someone who is eager to learn, is confident and can carry a conversation well - you'll get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the square root of 300?
      What is the difference between statement of cash flow and the income statement? Which one is better?
        View Answer
    Tried to negotiate but they didn't want to change the salaries for undergraduates

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

Applied through on campus recruiting fair. Got interview request 3 weeks later for on campus interviews. Did not pass the first interview. Got the decline email about 2 weeks later.

GRDP-IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

Campus interview - behavioral/resume. Followed by a very nice dinner in Houston, TX with all the other candidates and employees that will be interviewing you the following day. Next day starts with presentations about yourself, as who are you, what do you do, what do you want, and how does the apply to Cameron. Typically followed by 3 one on one interviews that are very similar to your first one with a bit more technical interest.

Interview Questions
    • The typical what could have I asked to get to know you more.   View Answer

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Cameron in September 2013.

Campus Interview followed by 2nd round interview on site.
    Both interviewers were very kind and not intimidating. They made it a relaxed setting where it was easy to ask questions.
    They simply went over your resume and asked questions on prior experience or jobs you had on your resume.
    2nd round was more technical where you actually took a test based on Mechanics of Solids information but just skimming over the basics of it.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was in the second round interview when they watched you assemble a model of a piece of equipment they produce. They watch you and grade you on your basic skill understand the part and how it was put together   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer With OneSubsea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cameron in July 2013.

Fairly straightforward interview process. Relaxed and casual environment. Panel type interview. Interview process involved starting with some standard questions (tell me about yourself, strengths, weakness etc) and continued with questions regarding job requirements with its relation to my resume experience. Unfortunately, I did not get the job since they found another candidate with a more direct work experience (at least this was their response to my query).

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron.

first day was very relaxing, but beware of the next day. Do research on their products. You will be tested on basic solid problems.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!