Cameron

Very Easy Interview

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fantastic. The only issue I encountered was the delay between interview and offer; much too long (2 months). My interviewer was the Group Director who knew of my skillset before I arrrive. The setting was relaxing and inviting which allowd both of us to speak freely. There were no "Gotcha" questions; the entire process was relevant to the postion.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions; the attitude of the interviewer was very casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My offer for a first time Oil and Gas employee was generous and the benefits were acceptable. I let them know what I wanted during the interview (which was offered) so negotiation were not necessary.

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Cameron GRDP Full-Time
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in September 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds of interviews, on campus and then the 2nd round was at a hotel. Be prepared for a dinner the night before and you will get a chance to talk to different people in the company. The next day you do a presentation on yourself and then have 3 more individual interviews.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral type questions, also be prepared to give a presentation about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation which was hard

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – Very quick and painless, i was well prepared and they stuck with requirements for the position,i enjoyed the process and it is clear that they are a solid company who focuses' on safety First

Interview Question – How many word can I type in a minute.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – a simple discussion

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer Interview

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Cameron in September 2013.

Interview Details – Campus Interview followed by 2nd round interview on site.
Both interviewers were very kind and not intimidating. They made it a relaxed setting where it was easy to ask questions.
They simply went over your resume and asked questions on prior experience or jobs you had on your resume.
2nd round was more technical where you actually took a test based on Mechanics of Solids information but just skimming over the basics of it.

Interview Question – Most difficult part was in the second round interview when they watched you assemble a model of a piece of equipment they produce. They watch you and grade you on your basic skill understand the part and how it was put together   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cameron in January 2013.

Interview Details – In the case of my specific interviewer, he had a short test for me to take. It involved some engineering and math fundamentals that pertained to the job. It wasn't a harsh pass/fail scenario, but I could see where it would show up an unqualified candidate. After the test (~15 minutes) we talked about my career past and future and what I was looking for in a position.

Interview Question – The written exam was definitely unexpected, but I didn't find it too difficult. I could see how someone coming from a different industry or fresh out of school would find it difficult. The rest of the interview was just a friendly discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, the I was told the range the offer would be in, within a few thousand dollars per annum.

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee Interview

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting fair. Got interview request 3 weeks later for on campus interviews. Did not pass the first interview. Got the decline email about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What specific experience do you have with SAP?   Answer Question

GRDP Finance Interview

GRDP Finance
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – Cameron recruits from my school and got my first round through a career fair. Great interview experience, I really like the guys over at Cameron. There are a lot of qualified applicants!

1st Round: My interview was a 2 on 1 style situation that was initially intimidating since it was one VP and one current GRDP. Very informal behavioral, no hardball questions. Seems like this round is purely a culture fit.

2nd Round: Got the email a few weeks later and connected with a travel agency that works with the company to fly us out to Houston. Had to give a presentation about myself which was very interesting. My advice: don't make a presentation about past achievements They want to know who you are as a person. That's more important.

Interview Question – Relating the relevance of my current job to what will be expected of me as a GRDP was pretty difficult.   View Answer

Engineering Coordinator Interview

Engineering Coordinator
Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in January 2013.

Interview Details – Prescreen call from HR. Then brought in to interview with 3 people individually for about 20-30 minutes each. Very informal and interviewers mainly talked about company and culture. Few questions and they were behavioral. Received a phone call notifying me a job offer was coming and received by email few days later.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Cameron GRDP Full-Time
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: 1-30 minutes campus Interview
Second Round: 3 - 30 minutes interviews and 1 presentation about yourself

(the difficulty of the interviews depends on who you get -- the questions were based around their core beliefs as a company -- they asked a lot of behavioral questions so make sure you have good examples for leadership, difficult time, conflict, initiative, problem solving, etc)

The presentation was in front of a group of other candidates and some employees. Employees asked questions after each person's presentation. Some people were asked about Cameron's products. One person was asked if they would choose Cameron or Shell and why? I was asked about my previous boss. One intern from the previous summer was asked to say one negative thing about their boss (who was sitting there).

Overall, everyone was very nice to talk to. Just be yourself and get to know the company well. If you are someone who is eager to learn, is confident and can carry a conversation well - you'll get the offer.

Interview Question – What is the square root of 300?
What is the difference between statement of cash flow and the income statement? Which one is better?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate but they didn't want to change the salaries for undergraduates

GRDP Interview

GRDP
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cameron in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met the recruiting manager in a Job fair. Had a initial HR interview followed by a 5 minute presentation and a technical interview.

Interview Question – How can you be a suitable candidate for this position?   View Answer

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!