Cameron Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jun 29, 2015

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very basic behavioral interview process. About 8-10 questions in a 30 minuet interview. Took them a while to get back to me, but they gave me an offer about 2 months later. There was only one round for me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on the job board since Cameron promotes from within often. I received an email after applying and about 2 week later I received a scheduled interview email. HR rep, supervisor and manager were in the interview I got the job about 2 months later

Interview Questions

• what would you do if your sup was out of the office and you ad an assignment you have not been trained on ?   1 Answer
    • most questions are about your work history   1 Answer

Cameron GRDP Full-Time (Finance) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied in September through careers website and interviewed in mid-October on campus. Two interviewers with behavioral and resume based questions. No technical, more of a company fit type interview. Pretty laid back and enjoyed it. Two weeks later, called to invite me back to their second round interview in Houston at the end of October (flew to Houston). Pre-night dinner with a full day the next day. Breakfast/ lunch provided, there was a Cameron presentation, then a 5-7 minute presentation about yourself, then 3 thirty minute interviews. All very laid back, I had one technical question here, but I think it's different depending on your interviewer. Their supposed to go by a pre-made list of questions but I heard no one liked those questions so they included their own. Those were all behavioral/situation type questions. Received a call with the offer 2 weeks after the second round interview. Overall nice experience with nice people. Spots are limited, so it's pretty competitive.

Interview Questions

I had other offers. Very difficult to decline the offer. Great place to work at with a great program to start off right after college.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was not your traditional interview that one is generally prepared to have. Upon arriving I met with the HR person who was nice and gave me a good overview of the job. The interview was with the Operations Mgr and a Procurement Mgr. Which didn't say much at all. The interview begin awkward with questions that would have been better suited for an individual who has already been working at Cameron. I got the feeling the Ops Mgr was already leaning in another direction and was going to make the interview as difficult as possible. The line of questioning was ambiguous for the most part. When he finally did ask a couple of easy questions it kind of made me over think the questions due to the other ambiguous questions

Interview Questions

• All bosses are away and there is a customer wanting a rectangle cut and what you have is a sphere to work with what do you do   Answer Question
    • What are some of the drivers of demand   Answer Question
    • What factors would you look at to predict the future economic order quantity   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very quick and painless, i was well prepared and they stuck with requirements for the position,i enjoyed the process and it is clear that they are a solid company who focuses' on safety First

Interview Questions

• How many word can I type in a minute.   1 Answer

Negotiation

a simple discussion

CNC Burn Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I was sent by a staffing agency to sit with the HR manager and Production Manager for the position. They described the company's product line, benefits and work ethic. We went through my previous employers and machines & types of parts made there. They concluded with shift hours, attendance policy, and on board training.

Interview Questions

• What kind of parts did I make using the machine in question and the process.   1 Answer

GRDP Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Cameron recruits from my school and got my first round through a career fair. Great interview experience, I really like the guys over at Cameron. There are a lot of qualified applicants! 1st Round: My interview was a 2 on 1 style situation that was initially intimidating since it was one VP and one current GRDP. Very informal behavioral, no hardball questions. Seems like this round is purely a culture fit. 2nd Round: Got the email a few weeks later and connected with a travel agency that works with the company to fly us out to Houston. Had to give a presentation about myself which was very interesting. My advice: don't make a presentation about past achievements They want to know who you are as a person. That's more important.

Interview Questions

• Relating the relevance of my current job to what will be expected of me as a GRDP was pretty difficult.   1 Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Called for an onsite interview. Just basic current job related and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting fair. Got interview request 3 weeks later for on campus interviews. Did not pass the first interview. Got the decline email about 2 weeks later.

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cameron (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

First Round: 1-30 minutes campus Interview Second Round: 3 - 30 minutes interviews and 1 presentation about yourself (the difficulty of the interviews depends on who you get -- the questions were based around their core beliefs as a company -- they asked a lot of behavioral questions so make sure you have good examples for leadership, difficult time, conflict, initiative, problem solving, etc) The presentation was in front of a group of other candidates and some employees. Employees asked questions after each person's presentation. Some people were asked about Cameron's products. One person was asked if they would choose Cameron or Shell and why? I was asked about my previous boss. One intern from the previous summer was asked to say one negative thing about their boss (who was sitting there). Overall, everyone was very nice to talk to. Just be yourself and get to know the company well. If you are someone who is eager to learn, is confident and can carry a conversation well - you'll get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the square root of 300? What is the difference between statement of cash flow and the income statement? Which one is better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but they didn't want to change the salaries for undergraduates