Cameron

Very Easy Interview

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fantastic. The only issue I encountered was the delay between interview and offer; much too long (2 months). My interviewer was the Group Director who knew of my skillset before I arrrive. The setting was relaxing and inviting which allowd both of us to speak freely. There were no "Gotcha" questions; the entire process was relevant to the postion.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions; the attitude of the interviewer was very casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My offer for a first time Oil and Gas employee was generous and the benefits were acceptable. I let them know what I wanted during the interview (which was offered) so negotiation were not necessary.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in December 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. They were looking for a unique offsite work arrangement and since I had been in that role before it was a good fit. They were very accommodating of my desired work arrangement.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an individual contributor after having been in management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy. Desperate for engineers in Houston. Probably could have got a little more but didn't want to push it. They gave me a cash moving package since I wasn't totally relocating. Having a competing offer helped.

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Cameron GRDP Full-Time
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in September 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds of interviews, on campus and then the 2nd round was at a hotel. Be prepared for a dinner the night before and you will get a chance to talk to different people in the company. The next day you do a presentation on yourself and then have 3 more individual interviews.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral type questions, also be prepared to give a presentation about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation which was hard

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – Very quick and painless, i was well prepared and they stuck with requirements for the position,i enjoyed the process and it is clear that they are a solid company who focuses' on safety First

Interview Question – How many word can I type in a minute.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – a simple discussion

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer Interview

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer
Houston, TX

I interviewed at Cameron in September 2013.

Interview Details – Campus Interview followed by 2nd round interview on site.
Both interviewers were very kind and not intimidating. They made it a relaxed setting where it was easy to ask questions.
They simply went over your resume and asked questions on prior experience or jobs you had on your resume.
2nd round was more technical where you actually took a test based on Mechanics of Solids information but just skimming over the basics of it.

Interview Question – Most difficult part was in the second round interview when they watched you assemble a model of a piece of equipment they produce. They watch you and grade you on your basic skill understand the part and how it was put together   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cameron in January 2013.

Interview Details – In the case of my specific interviewer, he had a short test for me to take. It involved some engineering and math fundamentals that pertained to the job. It wasn't a harsh pass/fail scenario, but I could see where it would show up an unqualified candidate. After the test (~15 minutes) we talked about my career past and future and what I was looking for in a position.

Interview Question – The written exam was definitely unexpected, but I didn't find it too difficult. I could see how someone coming from a different industry or fresh out of school would find it difficult. The rest of the interview was just a friendly discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, the I was told the range the offer would be in, within a few thousand dollars per annum.

Flowback Operator Interview

Flowback Operator
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by phone and e-mail to schedule an interview. About a week after the in-person interview I received an official job offer letter. After I called back in to accept the job offer I had to re-complete a job application, get drug tested, and then wait for the background check to be completed, which took over three weeks. Suggestion: don't put in your two-week's notice until EVERYTHING in the hiring process is completed. I was told it would be a good idea to put in my official notice after I got the job offer, but the rest of the process took so long I was out of work for almost a month before I started for Cameron.

Interview Question – I can't really think of anything unexpected. I was questioned thoroughly about my experience with different flowback equipment, and what I hoped/expected to get out of this position with Cameron.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee Interview

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cameron in March 2014.

Interview Details – Cameron came to my university engineering job fair spring 2014. I stopped by to talk to some of the recruiters then left them my resume. Later that day they called for an interview the very next day. Easy typical behavioral interview. Then a couple of weeks later I was invited for a second round interview to Oklahoma city. First day there was a simple meet and greet with other employees. Be relaxed and just talk with others. Next day is where you have to give a presentation about yourself in front of everybody (easy) . After that are the interviews. I did three interviews with three different managers back to back. Each one of them had there own select questions but most were typical STAR questions. Three weeks later I got an offer.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I should of though.

GRDP - Financial Analyst Interview

GRDP - Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – My interview experience with them was not all that great. They came to my university for the first interview. For the first interview it was really quick, probably about 20 minutes long. The recruiter did not ask me many questions. For the most part I was the one asking questions, so it felt more like I was interviewing her. I would then have to sell myself based off of their responses rather than them ask me straight forward questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your resume.   Answer Question

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee Interview

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of several behavioral interview type questions and was very straightforward. The interviewer was very warm and polite, and seemed to do a thorough job taking notes on each answer.

Interview Question – Follow company culture principles to formulate your own stories and answers.   Answer Question

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!