Cameron Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 17, 2014
121 interviews

2.8

Production Planner Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Cameron.

Send Resume, Two person interview. Not a scripted interview. Some question typical for position, many not so typical. They want people who go above and beyond standard job description. Looking for leaders.

Interview Questions
    • What do you say to a customer when you miss a deadline and cant deliver.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cameron in July 2014.

Interview was not your traditional interview that one is generally prepared to have. Upon arriving I met with the HR person who was nice and gave me a good overview of the job. The interview was with the Operations Mgr and a Procurement Mgr. Which didn't say much at all. The interview begin awkward with questions that would have been better suited for an individual who has already been working at Cameron. I got the feeling the Ops Mgr was already leaning in another direction and was going to make the interview as difficult as possible. The line of questioning was ambiguous for the most part. When he finally did ask a couple of easy questions it kind of made me over think the questions due to the other ambiguous questions

Interview Questions
    • All bosses are away and there is a customer wanting a rectangle cut and what you have is a sphere to work with what do you do   Answer Question
    • What are some of the drivers of demand   Answer Question
    • What factors would you look at to predict the future economic order quantity   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in March 2012.

The interview process was fantastic. The only issue I encountered was the delay between interview and offer; much too long (2 months). My interviewer was the Group Director who knew of my skillset before I arrrive. The setting was relaxing and inviting which allowd both of us to speak freely. There were no "Gotcha" questions; the entire process was relevant to the postion.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions; the attitude of the interviewer was very casual.   Answer Question
    My offer for a first time Oil and Gas employee was generous and the benefits were acceptable. I let them know what I wanted during the interview (which was offered) so negotiation were not necessary.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in December 2013.

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. They were looking for a unique offsite work arrangement and since I had been in that role before it was a good fit. They were very accommodating of my desired work arrangement.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be an individual contributor after having been in management?   Answer Question
    Pretty easy. Desperate for engineers in Houston. Probably could have got a little more but didn't want to push it. They gave me a cash moving package since I wasn't totally relocating. Having a competing offer helped.

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in September 2012.

There were 2 rounds of interviews, on campus and then the 2nd round was at a hotel. Be prepared for a dinner the night before and you will get a chance to talk to different people in the company. The next day you do a presentation on yourself and then have 3 more individual interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral type questions, also be prepared to give a presentation about yourself.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation which was hard

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cameron.

Very quick and painless, i was well prepared and they stuck with requirements for the position,i enjoyed the process and it is clear that they are a solid company who focuses' on safety First

a simple discussion

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Cameron in September 2013.

Campus Interview followed by 2nd round interview on site.
    Both interviewers were very kind and not intimidating. They made it a relaxed setting where it was easy to ask questions.
    They simply went over your resume and asked questions on prior experience or jobs you had on your resume.
    2nd round was more technical where you actually took a test based on Mechanics of Solids information but just skimming over the basics of it.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was in the second round interview when they watched you assemble a model of a piece of equipment they produce. They watch you and grade you on your basic skill understand the part and how it was put together   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cameron in January 2013.

In the case of my specific interviewer, he had a short test for me to take. It involved some engineering and math fundamentals that pertained to the job. It wasn't a harsh pass/fail scenario, but I could see where it would show up an unqualified candidate. After the test (~15 minutes) we talked about my career past and future and what I was looking for in a position.

Interview Questions
    • The written exam was definitely unexpected, but I didn't find it too difficult. I could see how someone coming from a different industry or fresh out of school would find it difficult. The rest of the interview was just a friendly discussion.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation, the I was told the range the offer would be in, within a few thousand dollars per annum.

Flowback Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cameron in December 2013.

Initially contacted by phone and e-mail to schedule an interview. About a week after the in-person interview I received an official job offer letter. After I called back in to accept the job offer I had to re-complete a job application, get drug tested, and then wait for the background check to be completed, which took over three weeks. Suggestion: don't put in your two-week's notice until EVERYTHING in the hiring process is completed. I was told it would be a good idea to put in my official notice after I got the job offer, but the rest of the process took so long I was out of work for almost a month before I started for Cameron.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really think of anything unexpected. I was questioned thoroughly about my experience with different flowback equipment, and what I hoped/expected to get out of this position with Cameron.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cameron in March 2014.

Cameron came to my university engineering job fair spring 2014. I stopped by to talk to some of the recruiters then left them my resume. Later that day they called for an interview the very next day. Easy typical behavioral interview. Then a couple of weeks later I was invited for a second round interview to Oklahoma city. First day there was a simple meet and greet with other employees. Be relaxed and just talk with others. Next day is where you have to give a presentation about yourself in front of everybody (easy) . After that are the interviews. I did three interviews with three different managers back to back. Each one of them had there own select questions but most were typical STAR questions. Three weeks later I got an offer.

I did not negotiate. I should of though.

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!