Cameron

Getting the Interview

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cameron in March 2014.

Interview Details – Cameron came to my university engineering job fair spring 2014. I stopped by to talk to some of the recruiters then left them my resume. Later that day they called for an interview the very next day. Easy typical behavioral interview. Then a couple of weeks later I was invited for a second round interview to Oklahoma city. First day there was a simple meet and greet with other employees. Be relaxed and just talk with others. Next day is where you have to give a presentation about yourself in front of everybody (easy) . After that are the interviews. I did three interviews with three different managers back to back. Each one of them had there own select questions but most were typical STAR questions. Three weeks later I got an offer.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I should of though.

GRDP - Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – My interview experience with them was not all that great. They came to my university for the first interview. For the first interview it was really quick, probably about 20 minutes long. The recruiter did not ask me many questions. For the most part I was the one asking questions, so it felt more like I was interviewing her. I would then have to sell myself based off of their responses rather than them ask me straight forward questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your resume.   Answer Question

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of several behavioral interview type questions and was very straightforward. The interviewer was very warm and polite, and seemed to do a thorough job taking notes on each answer.

Interview Question – Follow company culture principles to formulate your own stories and answers.   Answer Question

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting fair. Got interview request 3 weeks later for on campus interviews. Did not pass the first interview. Got the decline email about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What specific experience do you have with SAP?   Answer Question

GRDP Finance Interview

GRDP Finance
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – Cameron recruits from my school and got my first round through a career fair. Great interview experience, I really like the guys over at Cameron. There are a lot of qualified applicants!

1st Round: My interview was a 2 on 1 style situation that was initially intimidating since it was one VP and one current GRDP. Very informal behavioral, no hardball questions. Seems like this round is purely a culture fit.

2nd Round: Got the email a few weeks later and connected with a travel agency that works with the company to fly us out to Houston. Had to give a presentation about myself which was very interesting. My advice: don't make a presentation about past achievements They want to know who you are as a person. That's more important.

Interview Question – Relating the relevance of my current job to what will be expected of me as a GRDP was pretty difficult.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Interview Question – Draw Mohr's Circle   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Cheektowaga, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cameron in June 2011.

Interview Details – One interview. 3 interviewers. Plant Manager, Marketing Manager, Contracts Manager. I previously worked for competitor. Only questioned If I had SAP and IEC (International Electric Code) experience. Satisfied with all my previous competitive experience.

Interview Question – Give example where you had to proceed on a quotation with incomplete information?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate any thing. I accepted their employment position and salary offer.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – applied online for the position through my schools website. I obtained the interview and it was all behavioral. There was i second round but i was not able to attend in Houston, TX.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Cameron GRDP Full-Time
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: 1-30 minutes campus Interview
Second Round: 3 - 30 minutes interviews and 1 presentation about yourself

(the difficulty of the interviews depends on who you get -- the questions were based around their core beliefs as a company -- they asked a lot of behavioral questions so make sure you have good examples for leadership, difficult time, conflict, initiative, problem solving, etc)

The presentation was in front of a group of other candidates and some employees. Employees asked questions after each person's presentation. Some people were asked about Cameron's products. One person was asked if they would choose Cameron or Shell and why? I was asked about my previous boss. One intern from the previous summer was asked to say one negative thing about their boss (who was sitting there).

Overall, everyone was very nice to talk to. Just be yourself and get to know the company well. If you are someone who is eager to learn, is confident and can carry a conversation well - you'll get the offer.

Interview Question – What is the square root of 300?
What is the difference between statement of cash flow and the income statement? Which one is better?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate but they didn't want to change the salaries for undergraduates

GRDP Interview

GRDP
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cameron in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met the recruiting manager in a Job fair. Had a initial HR interview followed by a 5 minute presentation and a technical interview.

Interview Question – How can you be a suitable candidate for this position?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cameron

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!

Cameron Videos

Cameron – Why Work for Us?

About Cameron Cameron is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries. Leveraging its global manufacturing, engineering and sales and service network… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cameron interview questions and advice. All 108 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cameron employees and interview candidates.