Cameron

Relevance Date Difficulty

GRDP Finance Interview

GRDP Finance

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – Cameron recruits from my school and got my first round through a career fair. Great interview experience, I really like the guys over at Cameron. There are a lot of qualified applicants!

1st Round: My interview was a 2 on 1 style situation that was initially intimidating since it was one VP and one current GRDP. Very informal behavioral, no hardball questions. Seems like this round is purely a culture fit.

2nd Round: Got the email a few weeks later and connected with a travel agency that works with the company to fly us out to Houston. Had to give a presentation about myself which was very interesting. My advice: don't make a presentation about past achievements They want to know who you are as a person. That's more important.

Interview Question – Relating the relevance of my current job to what will be expected of me as a GRDP was pretty difficult.   View Answer

Engineering Coordinator Interview

Engineering Coordinator
Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in January 2013.

Interview Details – Prescreen call from HR. Then brought in to interview with 3 people individually for about 20-30 minutes each. Very informal and interviewers mainly talked about company and culture. Few questions and they were behavioral. Received a phone call notifying me a job offer was coming and received by email few days later.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Interview Question – Draw Mohr's Circle   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Cheektowaga, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cameron in June 2011.

Interview Details – One interview. 3 interviewers. Plant Manager, Marketing Manager, Contracts Manager. I previously worked for competitor. Only questioned If I had SAP and IEC (International Electric Code) experience. Satisfied with all my previous competitive experience.

Interview Question – Give example where you had to proceed on a quotation with incomplete information?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate any thing. I accepted their employment position and salary offer.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – applied online for the position through my schools website. I obtained the interview and it was all behavioral. There was i second round but i was not able to attend in Houston, TX.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Cameron GRDP Full-Time
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round: 1-30 minutes campus Interview
Second Round: 3 - 30 minutes interviews and 1 presentation about yourself

(the difficulty of the interviews depends on who you get -- the questions were based around their core beliefs as a company -- they asked a lot of behavioral questions so make sure you have good examples for leadership, difficult time, conflict, initiative, problem solving, etc)

The presentation was in front of a group of other candidates and some employees. Employees asked questions after each person's presentation. Some people were asked about Cameron's products. One person was asked if they would choose Cameron or Shell and why? I was asked about my previous boss. One intern from the previous summer was asked to say one negative thing about their boss (who was sitting there).

Overall, everyone was very nice to talk to. Just be yourself and get to know the company well. If you are someone who is eager to learn, is confident and can carry a conversation well - you'll get the offer.

Interview Question – What is the square root of 300?
What is the difference between statement of cash flow and the income statement? Which one is better?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate but they didn't want to change the salaries for undergraduates

GRDP Interview

GRDP
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cameron in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met the recruiting manager in a Job fair. Had a initial HR interview followed by a 5 minute presentation and a technical interview.

Interview Question – How can you be a suitable candidate for this position?   View Answer

Master Scheduler Interview

Master Scheduler
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Cameron in October 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple person or group interviews, including HR and several other departments.

Interview Question – What are your goals.   Answer Question

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Cameron GRDP Full-Time

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – Flown out to Houston, dinner the first night, interviews the next day. The only people there were myself and a few other interviewees from my school. There were 4 interviews, all very different. Two were normal with standard HR questions (Name a time you overcame a challenge, etc.), one was very technical, and one was very intimidating by an HR manager. I also got a tour of the facilities.

Interview Question – Had to break down part drawings and where part failures would occur.   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cameron in November 2013.

Interview Details – Called for an onsite interview. Just basic current job related and behavioral questions

Interview Question – Tell me one thing you want to change in life   Answer Question