Cameron

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Whse Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron in April 2011.

Interview Details – How do you feel that this position is right for you

Interview Question – Name a time when you showed initiative i you line if work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great they asked me if I wanted the job

Finance Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cameron in March 2013.

Interview Details – First round consisted of an on-campus interview with purely behavioral questions. Took about three weeks before receiving an email with an invitation for a second round interview in Houston that took place over two days. The first night was a dinner/social where you interacted with other candidates and employees. Then the next morning you begin with presentations (5-7 minutes about yourself) then a series of 1-1 interviews (again mostly behavioral questions and why you would be a good fit for Cameron). Biggest thing is that they are looking for someone to fit their CULTURE! If you show that you would fit in and care about what they care about, you'll do great.

Interview Question – Describe a time in your leadership experience where you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame that challenge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On the application, I put my desired salary and they gave it to me. Didn't negotiate after that.

Summer Intern 2013 Interview

Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cameron in February 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview. It was my first interview and I could have used more practice. I felt a little awkward during the process because I was interviewed by two ladies at the same time. If I were accepted, there would be a follow up interview.

Interview Question – If you are newly hired to a company and you have a new idea that gets rejected by your supervisor, how will you deal with it? Tell us about a time when things went wrong and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in July 2012.

Interview Details – Semi professional work culture - male dominated
2 stage interview - in Houston at the HQ then on location in Angola
Not a competency-based interview

Interview Question – No challenging questions were asked. The interviewer asked me about my previous work experience and directed no scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. In Luanda it is easier to name your price as it is a hardship city (and also the world's most expensive until recently).

Intern Interview

Jersey Village, Harris, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in February 2009.

Interview Details – I attended a career academy for a high school where the internship was required for my graduation, therefore the interview was not typical of most positions. I was however questioned for approximately 10 minutes and given the usual speech and forms to sign as to what the requirements of the position were going to be.

Interview Question – Seeing that I was going to be working for an engineering company I was asked if I had any resolve or issues against either the industry or country that would prevent me from doing my work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

Interview Details – The interview itself was great. The only problem I have with Cameron is what they do after the interview. They completely ignore people who they do not hire even if you send a followup email.

Interview Question – Please describe a time you took a leadership role in a group   Answer Question

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee Interview

Global Rotational Development Program Trainee
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cameron in February 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to the recruiters at my university's career fair and had an initial interview with two people that have held the same position with Cameron. They just asked basic questions about my resume and if I was willing to relocate. I heard back about the second round of interviews that were in Texas later that week.

The first day of the second round of interviews you fly in and go straight to a meet and greet, dinner type of event. You are at a table with a couple of other employees from Cameron and a few other interviewees. It is a very relaxed dinner, where you are able to find out more about the company from some of the employees and find out more about the Texas area.

The second day of the second round interviews you have to give a presentation about yourself followed by three one on one interviews. The interviewers are pretty laid back, they don't ask too many serious questions, they mainly go over your experience and expectations for the job. After the interviews you are taken to one of their facilities nearby and then fly back.

Overall it was a good experience, I still haven't heard back from them, but I like the company and the interview process is fairly easy and efficient.

Interview Question – Tell me your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Cameron GRDP Full-Time Interview

Cameron GRDP Full-Time
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron in November 2012.

Interview Details – I've been trying to get into the interview process with Cameron for a few semesters. My big break came during an Internship Mixer and Career Fair held on-campus in Houston. I also attended an information session and showed my interest in the company.

Afterwards, I received an email asking me to come interview for a Supply Chain internship. The interview was with current GRDP employees whom I met on-campus. Questions were basic behavioral questions and questions about my resume. Upon concluding the interview, I was switched to the full-time GRDP as I was graduating in May.

In November, I was given an opportunity to move onto the 2nd round of the process. This was a two-day event, a dinner social the night before and an interview/presentation the next day.

We started off with a group of about 10 applicants. First, we made our life accomplishment presentations and then had three back-to-back interviews. One of the interviewers was a manager who sat at my dinner table (which looked like it was intentional).

The overall process was fairly relaxed and not uptight like Baker Hughes and Schlumberger. The people I met were very down to Earth and enjoyed working with Cameron (some had been with the company for more than a decade).

Interview Question – What does Supply Chain mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A simple offer was made and, as I did not have prior experience in Supply Chain via internships, I accepted. The offer was above-average given the economy and included company benefits such as medical and disability insurance.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – 1) Submit aplication online
2) Receive an email notifying that you have been selected to an interview
   Incluedes a link: That will allow you to schedule an appointment, and it will show the
   location of the interview.
3) Asist the day of the interew:
   Suit or dress: Business professional
   Duration: at least 25 minutes

Interview Question – What makes you a better candidate for this position than all of the other ones?
When have you needed to apply leadership skills, and what was the outcome.
  Answer Question

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer Interview

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron.

Interview Details – first day was very relaxing, but beware of the next day. Do research on their products. You will be tested on basic solid problems.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Cameron?   Answer Question