Cameron

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.8

Senior Quality Engineer With OneSubsea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cameron in July 2013.

Fairly straightforward interview process. Relaxed and casual environment. Panel type interview. Interview process involved starting with some standard questions (tell me about yourself, strengths, weakness etc) and continued with questions regarding job requirements with its relation to my resume experience. Unfortunately, I did not get the job since they found another candidate with a more direct work experience (at least this was their response to my query).

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cameron.

First round with finance managers
    Second round with controllers and directors
    Offer letter
    Drug Screening
    Day 1 - 3 hour orientation

Offer letter, acceptance, select start date.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cameron.

1) Submit aplication online
    2) Receive an email notifying that you have been selected to an interview
       Incluedes a link: That will allow you to schedule an appointment, and it will show the
       location of the interview.
    3) Asist the day of the interew:
       Suit or dress: Business professional
       Duration: at least 25 minutes

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate for this position than all of the other ones?
      When have you needed to apply leadership skills, and what was the outcome.

Answer Question

Subsea Graduate Engineering Training Program (SGETP) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cameron.

first day was very relaxing, but beware of the next day. Do research on their products. You will be tested on basic solid problems.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cameron.

Talked to recruiters at the university career fair and gave them my resume. Received an email in a few days saying I received an interview and to select a time slot. At the first interview, there was 2 interviewers and they basically wanted to know what you knew about the company and your past work experience. It was a good interview experience. The next day I received an offer for the 2nd round interview. The 2nd interview was in Houston and consisted two days. the first night was a formal dinner with employees and the next day was a breakfast, presentation, 2 interviews, lunch, and a facility tour. All in all was a great experience and the employees were great people.

Interview Questions
    The wage seemed to be set in stone so I didnt try to negotiate

Engineer II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cameron in March 2013.

I found Cameron using a military head hunter. My first interview during a hiring/interview conference and was more of a conversation than a standard interview. Hiring manger was easy to talk to and I was invited back to Houston for a follow up interview. The team I work for now interviewed me and I was offered a position within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The team wanted to know more about me and how I would fit in with them.   Answer Question
    Not hard. I asked for $3000 to help me move. They agreed and in return I would commit to 3 years of employment at Cameron.

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cameron in March 2013.

First round consisted of an on-campus interview with purely behavioral questions. Took about three weeks before receiving an email with an invitation for a second round interview in Houston that took place over two days. The first night was a dinner/social where you interacted with other candidates and employees. Then the next morning you begin with presentations (5-7 minutes about yourself) then a series of 1-1 interviews (again mostly behavioral questions and why you would be a good fit for Cameron). Biggest thing is that they are looking for someone to fit their CULTURE! If you show that you would fit in and care about what they care about, you'll do great.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your leadership experience where you were faced with a challenge and how you overcame that challenge   Answer Question
    On the application, I put my desired salary and they gave it to me. Didn't negotiate after that.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cameron.

On campus recruiting, talked to 2 of the 3 recruiters. Then did a 2 on 1 interview with recent grads.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about your major? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cameron.

A recruiter found me. I interviewed on site at the Bakersfield office. I took a tour of the facilities and then interviewed with the operations manager and an hr manager. We went through the resume and asked some questions regarding my oilfield and design engineering experience. I had a feeling the ops manager was going to give an offer on the spot but the hr manager stopped him. Very easy and laid back, probably because technically, the local office I interviewed at was just folded into the Cameron family and had not fully absorbed the hiring practices of a large corporation.

Interview Questions

I received a higher offer at another firm.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Initial Phone Interview. Following the phone interview, there was an in person interview. There were two parts to the interview, one with the direct manager, and one with the department manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference type of valves, and the different design philosophy behind them.   Answer Question