Cameron

www.c-a-m.com

Cameron Subsea Global Engineering Training Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Cameron in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial meeting was at college job fair, from there was brought in for a campus interview which was more of a personality test. About 2 weeks later recieved an offer to be flown into Houston for an on site interview. Was told that we would fly in the afternoon before, and have a small tour and info meeting at R&D. We were in a group for all of this and we all asked lots of questions but didn't field any questions. We were taken to a very nice dinner and had several newer engineers meet us there and again it was a get to know you and ask lots of questions deal but again no questions were asked of us.
On Friday, we all went and got broken up into two groups. My group had a group info meeting and shown using a model of what the process for installing a subsea well was. We were encouraged to ask lots of questions. After that we had 3 back to back 1 on 1 interviews with different levels of engineers in this department. Nothing too technical was asked but there was some basic stress- strain- deflection type questions. After that we broke for lunch and was given a presentation durring which went over benefits. After lunch we went in to give our presentations (5-8 mins) to a group of 6 members. It was a very dry room, but maybe it's because I was second right after lunch. They asked me a handfull of questions about what I covered in my presentation but showed little genuine intrest, (of course I didn't recieve an offer either). After the presentation I had time to fill out the application and take a skills test. All questions were statics and mechanics questions. No thermo or heat transfer. It was rather basic. After the last few had given their presentation we all went back into the confrence room and they gave us the final words and thanked us all for coming. We then were given rides back to the airport.
 Maybe it's just me but it seemed rather expensive to fly us all down, put us up in a nice hotel, take us to a nice dinner. Apparently, they bring in about a dozen people every week for 6-8 weeks only to make a few offers. Just seems like a costly way to find people but maybe its worth it to them.

Interview Questions

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron in March 2012.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting session led to first initial interview. Laid back behavioural interview but the interviewer wanted to see interest in the position and the business Cameron is into. Very prompt invitation to a second interview in Houston which took place 3-4 weeks later.
Day 1 involved a tour of the R&D facility and then dinner with recent graduates of the program. Very nice and fun people to be around
Day 2 was rather intense with a mechanical skills test seeking basic knowledge of statics and mechanics. After this were 3 interviews back to back focusing on some key areas of your resume and some technical quizzes.
There was also a presentation showcasing yourself and experiences (here you have to show them why they should hire u)
After which was a group work session where u have to assemble a component you already saw during a tour of the R&D facility.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Cameron in February 2012.

Interview Details – Typical behavioral questions. Interviewer was an Engineering Manager.

Interview Question – How would you impact Cameron after the rotational program/training ends?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cameron in October 2011.

Interview Details – Firstly there was an interview of campus with an Engineering manager. Was relaxed and the guy just wanted to get to know me and what I wanted from a career. No personality questions, a bit of technical discussion.
Secondly there was a trip to Houston. First day was a presentation on the company and then a tour of the R&D department, this was followed by a dinner. Sat around and chatted to past Graduate trainees. Second day started early, had 3 interviews back to back, written test on the fundamentals of Material Science, Mechanics of Materials etc. Then we had to give a presentation infront of 3 directors. Then lunch, and finally group task.
Was a bit stressful, but all the Cameron Employees were great. They are very friendly, and showed a genuine interest in our questions.

Interview Questions

• Draw a Stress Strain curve and label the important parts.   View Answer
  • How would you rate yourself in teamwork on a scale of 0-5.   View Answer

Worked for Cameron? Contribute to the Community!