Camp Bow Wow Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Camp Bow Wow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Camp Bow Wow (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

the interview was very quick and simple. It was more of a conversation than questions asked. I did a working interview and pretty much just followed another employee around and was told what he did.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? why camp bow wow? where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation they state they ill only start off at minimum wage and if you don't like that they there is the door.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Camp Bow Wow (Aurora, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Since they are not yet open, all communication was done through Facebook then email. My first email was lost when I sent it to the email on their website. When I mentioned it on Facebook they had me sent it again. We met at Starbucks for an interview. The couple are very nice. They moved to Colorado to be closer to skiing. The job will be about 40% watching dogs and 60% cleaning, and more cleaning. Which is good because if you took your "baby" there you would want to make sure his sleeping and eating area were kept clean, same as at home. The pay starts at only $8.00/hr. You go to $8.25 after you learn dog CPR. There are not many opportunities to move up from what I gathered with the questions I asked. The front desk person earns more, but they are giving that position to their daughter. They are not finished with their interview process. They will go through all of the people they interviewed and give me a call next week. In the meantime I have already accepted a position with an airline.

Interview Questions

• I asked more questions than they did. They did not have any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Camp Bow Wow.

Interview

I applied through a job search website and was called for an interview within a week. The interview was simple and uncomplicated. Basically, you are asked around 10 questions. Then job duties and such are discussed. You must realize that this job requires quite a bit of cleaning. Then you are led out to clean a dog kennel

Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

Very easy process. Called in about a week after I left the application and had an interview for the next week. The manager will walk you to his/her office, and proceed to ask you questions. After that portion, he/she will lead you to the back where the dogs are, and see if you know how to use proper hygiene skills (this includes cleaning what we call a 'lunch cabin') She has you sweep out the cabin, spray down the cot, then mop it up. Then you're finished with the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was 'when have you ever been a leader in something?' and that really caught me off guard. I answered with something about a school project, and also when I volunteered at an animal organization.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor/Camp Scout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camp Bow Wow (Riverview, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

A friend recommended me for this newly created position. After submitting application, was called for an in-person interview. Had a nice interview with the owner, she asked pretty standard interview questions (in my past life, I often interviewed potential employees). She called me a week or so later, and asked when I could start. A very standard interview for this sort of position.

Interview Questions

• What do I consider an emergency that would cause me to miss work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried but the economy was still very bad at the time and I accepted a lower base pay than I wanted. As a relatively new franchise, the business is still growing and profits are still low. I received a decent raise after 6 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Camp Bow Wow (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was easiest one I've ever had - wasn't asked a whole lot of questions, was taken to back and went into yards with person who interviewed me (not manager or owner) and we basically walked through all of the different yards and met the dogs while she told me about the dogs who were there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or really unexpected, they didn't really ask me anything except how comfortable I was with dogs and cleaning and when I could start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clair Shores, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Camp Bow Wow (Saint Clair Shores, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

The process took way too long. I am sure the company loses employees due to this. I received no information that I didn's already know. Could be more thorough

Negotiation

none