Campbell Alliance

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Parsippany, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Campbell Alliance in April 2012.

Interview Details – I reached out to an HR lead online, who responded by saying apply online. We had a brief call and then I was told before preceding, I would complete a timed, 60 min test by answering a brief case question. That was my second screening. I passed that, and was asked to come in for a day of interviews. From NY, I had to make it out to the boonies of New Jersey by 9am until 4:30pm. In total, I had 6 interviews, a timed Powerpoint re-creation slide to do, and a case interview, which started at 3:30pm. Ugh.

Interview Question – The case was hard - and my brain was fried, especially after getting up at 5:30am to figure out how to get to their NJ office by 8:30am. And I actually had to get up from my little desk and draw on the whiteboard to show him what I was doing. Um, no - for the love of God, please don't torture any more people by making them do that, lol!   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Alliance in March 2008.

Interview Details – This went pretty quickly, as they had a definite, immediate need for someone with my skill set. Phone screening with HR, writing test/sample, phone interview with firing manager, case & behavioral interviews with project maanger and 2 consultants, then final interview with hiring manager. Start to finish in less than 3 weeks.

Interview Question – I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty quick. They offered a signing bonus if I started earlier, but that would have required that I give less than 2 weeks notice to my employer, so I decline.d

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Campbell Alliance in October 2009.

Interview Details – They were slow to get interview scheduled after 2 initial phone screens. There was a writing exercise to complete prior to having the interview screens. Interview consists of 4-5 1:1 interviews, another hour-long writing assessment and a hour-long slide building exercise (recreate two slides in PPT from printed copies). To be honest, all the testing speaks poorly about the kind of skill level they must have. Why would a firm do this if they had hired the right people to begin with? It sounded an awful like they had made a lot of bad choices in the past and are now trying to correct for it. Definitely not the kind of place to be if you're used to working with bright, competent folks. They have an HR interview during the full-day process. I think the intent of this interview is to figure out if you're willing to work 24/7 non-stop for the better part of 2 years or more. I believe the words he used were something like, "we work people to death." Be prepared for this if you're interested in work-life balance.

Interview Question – they didn't ask difficult questions. They were actually more like rubber stamping things. It was weird.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the vibe I got. I had done my homework and talked to current and past employees in my network. No one had an overly positive view on the firm. Plus, the management described really aggressive growth goals and I didn't get a sense that they are really set up to deal with that growth. Also, the whole idea that they "work people to death" didn't send the best message either. They are either employing incompetent people who have to spend twice as long to accomplish something that a Booz/Deloitte/BCG type consultant could do or they are taking advantage of their employees - something that would lead to high turnover. Net net - it just felt wrong and I didn't want to risk going some place that had just laid a lot of people off to turn around and start hiring again.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Campbell Alliance

Worked for Campbell Alliance? Contribute to the Community!