Campbell Ewald

Updated Apr 8, 2014

2.7

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Ewald.

Very aggressive about talking you down on salary. We had agreed to an amount and then they came back and offered me $10,000 less. I turned the job down, and then 24 hours later they called and said they had suddenly found the funds to pay me what they said they would.

Art Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Campbell Ewald.

Only went on 2 interviews. One with HR, the other with 2 creative directors. Pretty straight forward. No tricky questions.

There was none.

User Experience Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in November 2013.

I met with 3 people. The first two were fine, asking appropriate questions and providing the necessary insight. I thought things were going fine until I met with the last person. She began asking jaded and strange questions and creating an uncomfortable atmosphere for the interview.

The experience with the last person was so bad that I'm assuming that's the reason I was later told that they decided to go in a different direction. Then, the same day I received that news, they posted a feeler to fill a UX position. Very, very disingenuous — all due to misrepresentation of an interviewer who appeared to have an agenda that wasn't in the company's best interest and a recruiter that was willing to lie.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in July 2013.

It was quick and professional. From start to finish, 2 weeks. There were 2 interview sessions, one on the phone, the other in person. The in person session was with several people in the organization

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation process

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in April 2012.

I was first offered an on-campus interview set-up by a professor at my institution, which was pretty straight forward. It only lasted about 20 minutes and the interviewer asked the straight-forward questions, i.e. why am I pursuing advertising, which department(s) am I most interested in, what makes me qualified, etc.

After that first interview, I was offered a second-round, group interview, several months later. Again, no surprises, but it is a bit awkward. They sit you down in front of 3 to 4 agency managers with a group of other candidates and are asked the same questions down the line.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in advertising? Sounds easy, but when you have to listen to 3 other candidates answer the question and then have to say something original on the fly, it's more challenging than you might think.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in September 2011.

The process was fairly simple. Met with several Creative Directors who reviewed my portfolio.
    Also got a tour of the agency and met with a few employees who were in my age group and held similar positions.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to think of ideas on the spot for some specific brands.   Answer Question

Experiential Marketing Road Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in February 2011.

I left my name and contact information on a drop-box area of their website and received a call from an HR representative a few weeks later about an available experiential marketing position. Communications were nice and pleasant, however it wasn't revealed entirely up front that this would be a temporary job only. The actual interview was conducted as a group where a few suits described the job in full and asked minimal questions in a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Following that I was promptly called back and offered the position.

Were none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in April 2010.

Got brought into a conference room with 2 of the team members, who would eventually be my managers, and got asked a series of standard interview questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary, but they did make me feel very comfortable when they got towards the end of the interview and we started to discuss local sports teams and other non-business topics.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - just standard marketing questions. I don't think that there was even a business case question.   Answer Question
    As an intern, it was a "take it or leave it" kind of offer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in March 2010.

Talked to the recruiter and hiring manager via phone. Seemed to get positive response and was told they would like me to talk with other team members. Haven't heard anything since and it's been about two weeks. I've followed up with the recruiter and haven't gotten a response. Guess they extended an offer to someone else and don't want to tell me.

Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Campbell Ewald in January 2010.

I was contacted via phone to set up a phone interview with a recruiter, then they sent an e-mail to confirm the time, day and the person I would be contacted by. I completed the phone interview and was told that after phone interviews they would choose a selected number of people to come in for an interview in person. I never heard back from anyone via phone or e-mail after that.

Interview Questions
    • what was the content of a presentation you have done in the past, and how long was it?   View Answer

Worked for Campbell Ewald? Contribute to the Community!