Campbell-Ewald

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

User Experience Architect Interview

Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in November 2013.

Interview Details – I met with 3 people. The first two were fine, asking appropriate questions and providing the necessary insight. I thought things were going fine until I met with the last person. She began asking jaded and strange questions and creating an uncomfortable atmosphere for the interview.

The experience with the last person was so bad that I'm assuming that's the reason I was later told that they decided to go in a different direction. Then, the same day I received that news, they posted a feeler to fill a UX position. Very, very disingenuous — all due to misrepresentation of an interviewer who appeared to have an agenda that wasn't in the company's best interest and a recruiter that was willing to lie.

Interview Question – What kind of work do you like to do?   View Answer

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Warren, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald.

Interview Details – Very aggressive about talking you down on salary. We had agreed to an amount and then they came back and offered me $10,000 less. I turned the job down, and then 24 hours later they called and said they had suddenly found the funds to pay me what they said they would.

Digital Strategist Interview

Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was quick and professional. From start to finish, 2 weeks. There were 2 interview sessions, one on the phone, the other in person. The in person session was with several people in the organization

Interview Question – Why won't you except a position with this company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process

Art Director Interview

Art Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald.

Interview Details – Only went on 2 interviews. One with HR, the other with 2 creative directors. Pretty straight forward. No tricky questions.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was first offered an on-campus interview set-up by a professor at my institution, which was pretty straight forward. It only lasted about 20 minutes and the interviewer asked the straight-forward questions, i.e. why am I pursuing advertising, which department(s) am I most interested in, what makes me qualified, etc.

After that first interview, I was offered a second-round, group interview, several months later. Again, no surprises, but it is a bit awkward. They sit you down in front of 3 to 4 agency managers with a group of other candidates and are asked the same questions down the line.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in advertising? Sounds easy, but when you have to listen to 3 other candidates answer the question and then have to say something original on the fly, it's more challenging than you might think.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in April 2010.

Interview Details – Got brought into a conference room with 2 of the team members, who would eventually be my managers, and got asked a series of standard interview questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary, but they did make me feel very comfortable when they got towards the end of the interview and we started to discuss local sports teams and other non-business topics.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary - just standard marketing questions. I don't think that there was even a business case question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern, it was a "take it or leave it" kind of offer.

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process was fairly simple. Met with several Creative Directors who reviewed my portfolio.
Also got a tour of the agency and met with a few employees who were in my age group and held similar positions.

Interview Question – Was asked to think of ideas on the spot for some specific brands.   Answer Question

Creative Position Interview

Warren, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with multiple people. Interviews seemed unplanned and the questions were random.

Interview Question – I can't really remember this one. Don't be surprised by any question at this place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is always available.

Experiential Marketing Road Staff Interview

Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in February 2011.

Interview Details – I left my name and contact information on a drop-box area of their website and received a call from an HR representative a few weeks later about an available experiential marketing position. Communications were nice and pleasant, however it wasn't revealed entirely up front that this would be a temporary job only. The actual interview was conducted as a group where a few suits described the job in full and asked minimal questions in a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Following that I was promptly called back and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Were none

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Campbell-Ewald in March 2010.

Interview Details – Talked to the recruiter and hiring manager via phone. Seemed to get positive response and was told they would like me to talk with other team members. Haven't heard anything since and it's been about two weeks. I've followed up with the recruiter and haven't gotten a response. Guess they extended an offer to someone else and don't want to tell me.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Campbell-Ewald? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Campbell-Ewald interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Campbell-Ewald employees and interview candidates.