Campbell Soup

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Campbell Soup.

Interview Details – 4 interviews, panel based, focused on leadership style and technical skills. Questions were very specific, also included attitudinal and "cultural fit". Peer group interviews held weight u
In the decision process.

Interview Question – Conflict resolution with details and outcome - probing questions   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician
Camden, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and 2 weeks later got an email for a phone interview which was scheduled for 2 days later. During the phone interview I was just asked to go over my work history, highlighting the skills that this job entailed, was very quick. Took about another two weeks to get emailed by the HR assistant to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. This is the first time I had been reimbursed for my travel expenses, quite unexpected especially for an entry level position. I met with four people in the group for ~30min., they each had a list of questions for me. Everyone was very nice, enjoyed talking with them. Was told I was the first interviewee and it might take some time to hear back. The following week I got a call from the HR person that they were still interviewing but all the feedback about me was very positive and I should hear back by the end of the next week. By the following Wednesday I called and the day after got an email from HR that I was not selected.

Overall, I think they have a great HR department. The rejection email I got was very nice and not a template or format email. Would recommend others to apply.

Interview Question – Unexpected - What have you done to show your trustworthiness?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Camden, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup in January 2013.

Interview Details – One day interview over five hours with five individuals including team members, hiring director, cross functional director, and HR. Each was assigned to ask questions related to the core values of the company and answers are to be given using the STAR methodology. The process was informal and each interviewer had their own take on the process. Which allowed for great conversation around expectations and criteria for success.

Interview Question – "Tell me something about yourself that others would identify as a weakness - and it needs to be an actual weakness."   Answer Question

National Accounts Manager Interview

National Accounts Manager
Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup.

Interview Details – Contacted by an internal recruiter. Within two hours of phone interview received e mail from recruiters assistant inviting me to fly to Camden for 5- 1 hour interviews at their corporate offices. We agreed upon a date appx three weeks later and I then had no contact until three days prior to my scheduled interview. I contacted the recruiter at this point and inquired as to the status of my candidacy. I was told the interview was still on but they were busy and didn't get to making my travel arrangements.

Due to the short lead time on booking, my flight was almost $1500 and my interview consisted of five one hour meetings with various departments. I received outstanding feedback during the process and was told I would fit their team well. At the conclusion of the interviews the recruiter told me I would most likely receive an offer by the end of the week.

I followed up with thank you e mails with each person I spoke to, including the recruiter the next day. These messages went without a response and I never heard back from the company. Not a thank you, no feedback, nothing.

Seems odd considering the money they spent to bring me cross country to their office but I should have known given the shoddy handling of my travel for the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about an action you took which you regret.   Answer Question

Customer Business Manager (Sales) Interview

Customer Business Manager (Sales)
Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Campbell Soup.

Interview Details – I was notified of the role through an internal contractor. After a phone interview I was flown to Camden, NJ for a series of 5 1-hour interviews. The process was professional and relatively relaxed. There were a few behavioral questions. Meetings were with the HR Director, hiring manager, VP-Sales and 2 other department managers

Interview Question – Who do you know at the account(s)? How do you think you'll fit into our group?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Camden, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Campbell Soup in September 2010.

Interview Details – There was an Initial phone screening - Then I was invited to a full day of 1 on 1s in Camden. Interviews were with brand managers and Vice Presidents and included typical fit, background, and teamwork questions and one interview included a case. The process was Fairly casual.

Interview Question – Most difficult portion was the case, but it was a conversational case, so not terribly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimal room to negotiate

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Campbell Soup in January 2008.

Interview Details – Most jobs at Campbell Soup are filled before they are ever posted in the company or online. There is a person who is chosen based on being friends with someone in HR or a talking suit who merely says the right things and never contributes positively to any company results.

Interview Question – Tell me why you fit into the Campbell Soup Family Lifestyle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the job because promised great growth opportunities but instead was weighed down by internal politics and a stagnant corporate environment run by an incompetent HR department.

Director Interview

Director
Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup in November 2008.

Interview Details – I was brought in by a recruiter. Interview process is based on behavioral interviewing - how have you dealt with a situation like X and what was your experience and would you do anything different?

Interview Question – Areas of development   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated more weeks of vacation than standard 2

Internship Interview

Internship
Camden, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Campbell Soup in August 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with questions about my background, also lots of questions about brand management. Including questions about brands, how you would handle challenges, why you want to work at Campbells, why you would want to move to that area, lots of those types of questions. I met with several brand managers and they were very professional and nice people to interview with.

Interview Question – Please give an example of a product not marketed well and tell what you would do to fix it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better offer from a different company.

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Camden, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup in March 2011.

Interview Details – HR contacted me for a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. The interview lasted almost the full day. I met with various levels of management. Mostly our talks focused on my experience. There were a few questions like "Tell me a time when you had to lead a team" or "Explain how you'd handle a difficult or high pressure situation" and so on. Overall I had a very positive experience and left with good thoughts of the company.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Campbell Soup interview questions and advice in Camden, NJ. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Campbell Soup employees and interview candidates.