Campbell Soup Company Interview Questions in Camden, NJ

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ).

Interview

4 interviews, panel based, focused on leadership style and technical skills. Questions were very specific, also included attitudinal and "cultural fit". Peer group interviews held weight u
    In the decision process.

Interview Questions

• Conflict resolution with details and outcome - probing questions   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later got an email for a phone interview which was scheduled for 2 days later. During the phone interview I was just asked to go over my work history, highlighting the skills that this job entailed, was very quick. Took about another two weeks to get emailed by the HR assistant to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. This is the first time I had been reimbursed for my travel expenses, quite unexpected especially for an entry level position. I met with four people in the group for ~30min., they each had a list of questions for me. Everyone was very nice, enjoyed talking with them. Was told I was the first interviewee and it might take some time to hear back. The following week I got a call from the HR person that they were still interviewing but all the feedback about me was very positive and I should hear back by the end of the next week. By the following Wednesday I called and the day after got an email from HR that I was not selected.

Overall, I think they have a great HR department. The rejection email I got was very nice and not a template or format email. Would recommend others to apply.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected - What have you done to show your trustworthiness?   Answer Question

National Accounts Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a Campbell's recruiter about a position. Had two phone interviews within three days and was invited to Camden for a panel interview. A date approximately three weeks in the future was set. Five days prior to the scheduled interview I had not received any travel information or interview details so I contacted the recruiter to ask if plans had changed. I was told I was still on the schedule and they made travel arrangements.

Attended an interview that was supposed to include six different people. Three were not in the office so these portions had to take place over the phone. The hiring manager was new to his position and this sector of the business. I was asked several specific questions about accounts in my market but few questions about my own accomplishments and ways of working.

After spending over $2000 to fly me to Camden for face to face meetings with three people one would think there would be some kind of thank you and follow up on outcome. Surprisingly I never received any contact from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation you wish you had handled differently.   1 Answer

Customer Business Manager (Sales) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ).

Interview

I was notified of the role through an internal contractor. After a phone interview I was flown to Camden, NJ for a series of 5 1-hour interviews. The process was professional and relatively relaxed. There were a few behavioral questions. Meetings were with the HR Director, hiring manager, VP-Sales and 2 other department managers

Interview Questions

• Who do you know at the account(s)? How do you think you'll fit into our group?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

One day interview over five hours with five individuals including team members, hiring director, cross functional director, and HR. Each was assigned to ask questions related to the core values of the company and answers are to be given using the STAR methodology. The process was informal and each interviewer had their own take on the process. Which allowed for great conversation around expectations and criteria for success.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me something about yourself that others would identify as a weakness - and it needs to be an actual weakness."   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. The interview lasted almost the full day. I met with various levels of management. Mostly our talks focused on my experience. There were a few questions like "Tell me a time when you had to lead a team" or "Explain how you'd handle a difficult or high pressure situation" and so on. Overall I had a very positive experience and left with good thoughts of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would handle a difficult or high pressure situation   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

Overall, it wasn't a bad interview process. It was very long (5 hours). They ask you the same questions over and over again. Campbell's puts you up at a luxury hotel and makes all sorts of nice accommodations. However, after several weeks I never heard from Campbell's again. I was told that I would hear feedback within 3 days of the interview. Yet, it never happened. It seemed like a great place to work. However, I am soured that I was never given an answer on my job status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you mitigate the circumstances?   Answer Question

Business Portfolio Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position through their online job board and about 3 weeks later had a phone interview with their HR rep. This was an extremely pleasant discussion. I was asked to put together an outline of how my qualifications fit each point in the job responsibilities. About 3 weeks later, I was contacted to come in for a full day interview which took place approximately 2 weeks after the contact.

The interview was with about 6-7 people - one on one - and included lunch with the hiring manager. At the end of the day I had to put together a business plan and GANT chart and then present this to HR, the hiring manager and 2 of the individuals who apparently would have been my peers.

Following this, I met briefly one on one with the HR rep to recap my experience.

About 1-1/2 weeks later I was contacted personally by phone by the HR rep who very graciously informed me that I hadn't gotten the job but gave me tremendous feedback. Apparently the position went to an internal candidate.

I have to say, though, that this was one of the best experiences I've had in interviewing. The format was consistent, questions were mostly behavioral based, each interviewer was well prepared with their questions and all treated me with courtesy and friendliness.

Although I didn't get the job, I would gladly entertain coming back for another interview with this company based on this experience.

Global Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

I was intially scouted by a Talent Acquisition Consultant at a recent University College Recruitment Fair. After a breif meeting she assessed my resume and thought I might fit the criteria for a recent internship posting. After about a week, I was sent an e-mail requesting an interview and that I should fill out an application online prior to the interview.

The interview was a 4 part one on one interview that lasted about 4.5 hours. I must say that the questions are relevant to the position and everyone that was involved was a pleasure to speak with. Although the interview was fairly lengthy, it went by quickly as the questions were engaging and allowed a wonderful opportunity for me to show my abilities and accomplishments.

About an hour after my interview, I recieved a phone call from the hiring manager to tell me that I was selected and that pending a background check, I would be starting as soon as was possible. The background check took about 2 weeks and then I recieved another call to notify me that I had cleared.

Interview Questions

• How can you keep yourself motivated and focused in an environment that might portend itself towards being more tedious and number intensive?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Campbell Soup Company (Camden, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

There was an Initial phone screening - Then I was invited to a full day of 1 on 1s in Camden. Interviews were with brand managers and Vice Presidents and included typical fit, background, and teamwork questions and one interview included a case. The process was Fairly casual.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult portion was the case, but it was a conversational case, so not terribly difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimal room to negotiate