Campbell Soup Company

Campbell Soup Company Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company.

Had interviews with several Business Unit Leaders and Production Managers. Many questions were behavior based questions. The people interviewing were very acceptable with hearing honest answers since I did not have much experience in manufacturing.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were terribly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company.

Talked at campus career fair. Offered interview for the next day. Three interviewers held my interview the following day. The interview was 30 minutes long and consisted mostly of the interviewers looking through my resume and trying to ask questions pertinent to the position. The interviewers were disorganized and made the process very confusing.

Financial Analyst Interview

Standard questions. All day meetings with multiple managers. Tour of facility. Meet and greets. Tour of company store and history lesson of company. Hiring managers are young middle managers who are looking for specific talent.

None

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company.

4 interviews, panel based, focused on leadership style and technical skills. Questions were very specific, also included attitudinal and "cultural fit". Peer group interviews held weight u
    In the decision process.

Interview Questions
    • Conflict resolution with details and outcome - probing questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company.

I had 3 interviews in a rows with different people from my department. After they all asked me basic questions about my qualifications and skills, they offered me an intern position a couple of days afterwards. The questions were all very basic, concerning my computer skills and education. I did not even receive any behavioral questions like the way that I am used to.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to use [computer program]?   View Answer

R&D Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company.

Applied through their online application system. Was contact via email for the initial interview. Interviews for Co-Ops are done entirely via the phone, or during college campus visits. I had a phone interview and was initially told that I would hear back within 1-2 weeks. I was contacted 2 hours after the first interview for a second interview the next interview. After the second interview I was contacted within an hour with a job offer. The entire process took place within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were as expected and typical of interviewing.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in March 2014.

I applied online and 2 weeks later got an email for a phone interview which was scheduled for 2 days later. During the phone interview I was just asked to go over my work history, highlighting the skills that this job entailed, was very quick. Took about another two weeks to get emailed by the HR assistant to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. This is the first time I had been reimbursed for my travel expenses, quite unexpected especially for an entry level position. I met with four people in the group for ~30min., they each had a list of questions for me. Everyone was very nice, enjoyed talking with them. Was told I was the first interviewee and it might take some time to hear back. The following week I got a call from the HR person that they were still interviewing but all the feedback about me was very positive and I should hear back by the end of the next week. By the following Wednesday I called and the day after got an email from HR that I was not selected.

Overall, I think they have a great HR department. The rejection email I got was very nice and not a template or format email. Would recommend others to apply.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - What have you done to show your trustworthiness?   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Campbell Soup Company.

Full day interview. Six successive sessions.

Salary

National Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in November 2013.

Was contacted by a Campbell's recruiter about a position. Had two phone interviews within three days and was invited to Camden for a panel interview. A date approximately three weeks in the future was set. Five days prior to the scheduled interview I had not received any travel information or interview details so I contacted the recruiter to ask if plans had changed. I was told I was still on the schedule and they made travel arrangements.

Attended an interview that was supposed to include six different people. Three were not in the office so these portions had to take place over the phone. The hiring manager was new to his position and this sector of the business. I was asked several specific questions about accounts in my market but few questions about my own accomplishments and ways of working.

After spending over $2000 to fly me to Camden for face to face meetings with three people one would think there would be some kind of thank you and follow up on outcome. Surprisingly I never received any contact from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation you wish you had handled differently.   View Answer

External Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in July 2013.

Phone Interview with HR. A thorough discussion of my resume and background. We ran corporate scenarios with how to I would deal with corporate communications and how I handled this in my past. I was rejected because while I do corporate consulting that was not corporate enough for their needs.

Interview Questions
    • How to compare the way a newsroom operates in relation to a corporate office environment.   View Answer