Campbell Soup Company

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Campbell Soup Company in September 2010.

There was an Initial phone screening - Then I was invited to a full day of 1 on 1s in Camden. Interviews were with brand managers and Vice Presidents and included typical fit, background, and teamwork questions and one interview included a case. The process was Fairly casual.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult portion was the case, but it was a conversational case, so not terribly difficult   Answer Question
    minimal room to negotiate

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in August 2010.

Behavioral interview with questions about my background, also lots of questions about brand management. Including questions about brands, how you would handle challenges, why you want to work at Campbells, why you would want to move to that area, lots of those types of questions. I met with several brand managers and they were very professional and nice people to interview with.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of a product not marketed well and tell what you would do to fix it.   Answer Question

I received a better offer from a different company.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in June 2010.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter who was very pleasant. She asked several behavioral questions with great follow up questions based on what I said. After the interview the recruiter told me the hiring manager really wanted someone with a Masters degree and that not having one may hurt my chances. The recruiter called me back within a week to tell me they choose someone else, but that my name was submitted with 9 others (all with a Masters). I was grateful to get a call and not have to sit around waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle multiple priorities. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

Health and Welfare Adminisitrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in June 2010.

First was brief phone interview, I was contacted to come in for a 5 hour interview. Hotel and travel arrangements were made for me- very impressive. After grueling me for 5 hours (lunch during one) and completing a candidate satisfaction survey I never EVER heard back. Such a disappointment.

Retail Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in May 2010.

3 hour interview process between hiring managers and 2 other regional managers. Asked basic questions and wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current job for this one. All were pretty polite and easy going, they knew the business pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you more desirable than the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to Campbells that makes us better?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in October 2009.

Behavioral interviewing

yes, negotiated more vacation

Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in August 2009.

Interview went well, but the company decided to hire internally - The hiring manager was kind enough to call in person to inform me of this.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in June 2009.

Interview was with HR and 2 layers of management.

Interview Questions

The recruiter was not very professional and main method of communicating was through text messaging. I didn't decline the offer but was late (1day) to accept offer because recruiter did not communicate my intentions fully and correctly. The offer was recinded after the missed date.
    My negative response to the interview experience is reflected on the recruiter and on management for not speaking directly to me but rather through the recruiter.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in January 2009.

The communication from the recruiting manager and the overall process is extremely professional. I was provide detailed instructions,. company and job profiles, interview schedule with names and positions for each interviewer.

The interviews consisted of five interviews scheduled back-to-back, without time for breaks. The position I was applying for was a full-time position, yet I was interviewed by employees and consultants. All interviewers were provided a list of questions that they were required to ask, which left for little time for any other questions. Some interviewers were well prepared for the interviews, while others needed time to discover who I was and why I what position I was applying for (and knew little about the posting).

After the interview, I was contacted by the recruiting manager who informed me that the position was no longer open. Yet, her explanation (clearly communicated from the hiring manager) did not reflect my interview.

In summary, the process was extremely professional and well managed. However, the people who performed the interview were far less so.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight -forward and designed to determine experience level. The difficulty was the repetitiveness of the questions which resembled a psychological profile test more than an interview.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Campbell Soup Company in November 2008.

I was brought in by a recruiter. Interview process is based on behavioral interviewing - how have you dealt with a situation like X and what was your experience and would you do anything different?

Negotiated more weeks of vacation than standard 2