Campbell Soup Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Campbell Soup in October 2009.

Behavioral interviewing

yes, negotiated more vacation

Global Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup in November 2010.

I was intially scouted by a Talent Acquisition Consultant at a recent University College Recruitment Fair. After a breif meeting she assessed my resume and thought I might fit the criteria for a recent internship posting. After about a week, I was sent an e-mail requesting an interview and that I should fill out an application online prior to the interview.

The interview was a 4 part one on one interview that lasted about 4.5 hours. I must say that the questions are relevant to the position and everyone that was involved was a pleasure to speak with. Although the interview was fairly lengthy, it went by quickly as the questions were engaging and allowed a wonderful opportunity for me to show my abilities and accomplishments.

About an hour after my interview, I recieved a phone call from the hiring manager to tell me that I was selected and that pending a background check, I would be starting as soon as was possible. The background check took about 2 weeks and then I recieved another call to notify me that I had cleared.

Interview Questions
    • How can you keep yourself motivated and focused in an environment that might portend itself towards being more tedious and number intensive?   View Answer

Business Portfolio Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup in November 2010.

I applied for the position through their online job board and about 3 weeks later had a phone interview with their HR rep. This was an extremely pleasant discussion. I was asked to put together an outline of how my qualifications fit each point in the job responsibilities. About 3 weeks later, I was contacted to come in for a full day interview which took place approximately 2 weeks after the contact.

The interview was with about 6-7 people - one on one - and included lunch with the hiring manager. At the end of the day I had to put together a business plan and GANT chart and then present this to HR, the hiring manager and 2 of the individuals who apparently would have been my peers.

Following this, I met briefly one on one with the HR rep to recap my experience.

About 1-1/2 weeks later I was contacted personally by phone by the HR rep who very graciously informed me that I hadn't gotten the job but gave me tremendous feedback. Apparently the position went to an internal candidate.

I have to say, though, that this was one of the best experiences I've had in interviewing. The format was consistent, questions were mostly behavioral based, each interviewer was well prepared with their questions and all treated me with courtesy and friendliness.

Although I didn't get the job, I would gladly entertain coming back for another interview with this company based on this experience.

Tech - Computers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Campbell Soup in January 2008.

It took a while to finally come on board, but I believe I only came in for one in-person interview, which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • I forget the interview questions asked... it was a while ago. But it seemed fairly casual. Largely about getting to know me, and get the idea if I'd fit well.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. I didn't get what I asked for, but more than I was offered. Which is exactly what I expected. It wen't fairly smoothly. My advice is to always negotiate for more money. Many expect it, and no one will revoke an offer if you ask for more. And if they do... you don't want to work for them.

Retail Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Campbell Soup in May 2010.

3 hour interview process between hiring managers and 2 other regional managers. Asked basic questions and wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current job for this one. All were pretty polite and easy going, they knew the business pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you more desirable than the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to Campbells that makes us better?   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Campbell Soup in June 2010.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter who was very pleasant. She asked several behavioral questions with great follow up questions based on what I said. After the interview the recruiter told me the hiring manager really wanted someone with a Masters degree and that not having one may hurt my chances. The recruiter called me back within a week to tell me they choose someone else, but that my name was submitted with 9 others (all with a Masters). I was grateful to get a call and not have to sit around waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle multiple priorities. What did you do and what were the results?   Answer Question

Health and Welfare Adminisitrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Campbell Soup in June 2010.

First was brief phone interview, I was contacted to come in for a 5 hour interview. Hotel and travel arrangements were made for me- very impressive. After grueling me for 5 hours (lunch during one) and completing a candidate satisfaction survey I never EVER heard back. Such a disappointment.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Campbell Soup in June 2009.

Interview was with HR and 2 layers of management.

Interview Questions

The recruiter was not very professional and main method of communicating was through text messaging. I didn't decline the offer but was late (1day) to accept offer because recruiter did not communicate my intentions fully and correctly. The offer was recinded after the missed date.
    My negative response to the interview experience is reflected on the recruiter and on management for not speaking directly to me but rather through the recruiter.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Campbell Soup in June 2008.

they asked me simple questions that are very easy to answer like strength and weaknesses and asking questions about myself. had a one on one interview with the supervisor and then after less than a hour they asked me when will i be available to work and then after agreeing they told me that the papers will be processed and i will receive a phone call on when will my orientation start

Retail Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Campbell Soup in February 2008.

I remember receiving a phone interview, then a face to face interview with two different people. It was a very bland interview and very structured. The interviewers simply read down a list of questions. I did receive a formal iteniary which was very helpful on the day of the interview. However, the interviewers did not seem excited about the position, company, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance where you disagreed with your manager's decision and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question