Camping World Inc

2.2

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Camping World Inc.

2 Phone Interviews and 1 In-Person interview with Director and other team members. There did not seem to be any organized approach to the interview process. I received mixed messages from high ranking members in the process. Led to believe I would be contacted with an offer. Never heard back from anyone. Made several attempts to get some closure to the process. No response. No letter to close the loop. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Some Behavioral related questions mixed with general questions and information about company.   Answer Question

Shop Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Camping World Inc.

I transferred locations and positions and wasn't interviewed. In fact, I only had an interview for a Parts and Service Director position in another state. My dealership was purchased by Camping World and closed when the market fell. I was recommended fore a position out of state and had a phone and 'in person' interview for that position.

Interview Questions
    The times were tough. There was no negotiation.

Service Writer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Camping World Inc.

2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    I feel that my offer was solid and in line with my requirements/history.

Finance and Insurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Camping World Inc.

I have worked at alot of different car dealerships in Houston and central Texas and I know alot of people. It helps to know people in the car business to get a job.

Interview Questions
    Easy because it is all about commission.

Retail Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robertsdale, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robertsdale, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Camping World Inc in May 2012.

Posts openings on most internet job boards with fairly accurate job descriptions and duties. Was able to contact the hiring manager directly by telephone and got an immediate interview. Interview process was very casual and non-intimidating, professionally greeted by the receptionist, and promptly received by the interviewer. Interview questions were fairly specific to retail and outdoor recreation background.

Interview Questions
    • With a master's degree, why do you want to work in a position that is well below your qualifications and nominal salary range?   View Answer
    Not a lot of negotiating required due to being an hourly position.

RV Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Camping World Inc in February 2011.

Show up with a pulse and you will be hired. This company is always hiring at most locations due to the unusually high turnover rate. As always disclose any blemishes on your driving and/or criminal record but rest assured it will not prevent you from employment. They hire misfits. Drug testing was abandoned in 2012 as the company felt it was a waste of money and negatively affected their bottom line.

Nothing to negotiate other than when can you start.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Island Lake, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Island Lake, IL

was in house interview

was not interested

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Camping World Inc in October 2008.

I was called after a bout a week submitting my application on line. Came in for an interview by the RM, GM, and store manager. Was called back in two days with the offer.

N/A

Inventory Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Camping World Inc in June 2012.

Applied online through online job boards, then in a week or two, I was contacted by their recruiter and was given and schedule for the screening and phone interview. The interview was a behavioral mixed with questions about past experiences. Questions were the usual (tell me about....) Interviewer was very friendly and relaxed.

Parts Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Camping World Inc in June 2010.

i had two interviews with camping world a couple of years apart. i was not hired the first time around but was called out of the blue when i was very unhappy at my current job asking me if i was looking for a job, i went to the interveiw a few days later and was called on a friday to tell me the job was mine if i wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • none. every question they asked was every day interview questions   View Answer